Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - Split the word file and start the sequential numbers from given number

Microsoft Word - Split the word file and start the sequential numbers from given number


Split the word file and start the sequential numbers from given number

Posted: 22 Dec 2013 02:24 PM PST

Hello,

 

The below codes are working perfectly and splits the word document to pdf format, but it start the naming of files from 1,(1.pdf, 2.pdf and so on_. Whereas i want to start the first page to be named as 111 as starting and in sequential order,(111.pdf, 112.pdf, 113.pdf and so on)  instead of 1.pdf.....

 Any help in this is will be appreciated.

 

Sub BreakOnPage()     ' Used to set criteria for moving through the document by page.     Application.Browser.Target = wdBrowsePage       For i = 1 To ActiveDocument.BuiltInDocumentProperties("Number of Pages")                'Select and copy the text to the clipboard.        ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("\page").Range.Copy          ' Open new document to paste the content of the clipboard into.        Documents.Add        Selection.Paste  ' Removes the break that is copied at the end of the page, if any.        Selection.TypeBackspace        ChangeFileOpenDirectory "C:\Monthly"        DocNum = DocNum + 1       ActiveDocument.ExportAsFixedFormat OutputFileName:= _
     "C:\Monthly\" & DocNum & ".pdf", ExportFormat:=wdExportFormatPDF, _
        OpenAfterExport:=False, OptimizeFor:=wdExportOptimizeForPrint, Range:= _
        wdExportAllDocument, From:=1, To:=1, Item:=wdExportDocumentContent, _
        IncludeDocProps:=True, KeepIRM:=True, CreateBookmarks:= _
        wdExportCreateNoBookmarks, DocStructureTags:=True, BitmapMissingFonts:= _
        True, UseISO19005_1:=False
ActiveDocument.Close ' Move the selection to the next page in the document. Application.Browser.Next Next i ActiveDocument.Close savechanges:=wdDoNotSaveChanges End Sub

On line Translation

Posted: 22 Dec 2013 09:13 AM PST

I have recent reinstalled Microsoft Office. In Word 2010 I was able to click Tools, Translate a Document but the send operation now does not seem to be functioning. No error message. It just does not work.


What settings do I need to check?


Is their an Add-On I need to install?



Lack of Microsoft frustrating

Posted: 22 Dec 2013 08:44 AM PST

How the **** do you get help in a system that you can't navigate, no one responds. You need to go back to the disc that we can buy so that when there is a problem you reload. This version of buying **** off line sucks and is not friendly for those of us who struggle with computers. We were not all raised on computers you know, but your company acts like everyone should be a freaking expert. My office tells me it's busy! really, how am I supposed to complete my homework if I can't use the program I paid money for????? any suggestions. Can't get help from Microsoft because they are too busy.

Office

Posted: 22 Dec 2013 07:58 AM PST

Hello, so I was using Microsoft office word on my laptop just now. I walked away for a minute and then came back only to find that the program froze. Not knowing what else to do I shut down my laptop and started it again. Only now the program won't work, it says something went wrong, it couldn't start my program, it's telling me to try again (which I have) and it says if that doesn't work to try repairing office from programs and features in the control panel which I tried and nothing happened. I have an HP laptop. Help?

How to get Word to stop inserting guillemets

Posted: 21 Dec 2013 09:14 PM PST

All of a sudden, when I hit Shft+" (quotation mark), in Word, I get the guillemets--those sideways double arrows. I'm pretty sure I just did something on my keyboard to trigger this, b/c a few minutes before I first noticed this, I hit some keys that took the cursor off the doc I was typing in, so I had to click to get back into the document.

My only keyboard languages are English and Greek, and the characters are definitely the Roman alphabet, so I'm not using the Greek keyboard. What do I do now?

microsoft, please buy EndNote (the company), intrgrate it to word, especially the RT version that doesn't allow macros

Posted: 21 Dec 2013 05:30 PM PST

Surface RT / 2 can't use macros in Word.
Endnote is needed for academics.

The only solution (without allowing a desktop plugin / macros on ARM versions of windows) is for Microsoft to buy endnote the company and integrate the reference manger in to word without using macros. Then make sure it works with office RT.

Does anyone else have any better ideas?

How are tablets with ARM processors supposed to take off in academics without reference managers like EndNote working??

The only other major things preventing this tablets adoption in academics is better mechanical stylus recognition in one note and one note not allowing audio recording at the same time as note taking for syncing notes.

Please pass this up the ladder as it is obviously upper end decisions that will decide these major changes.


Microsoft Office 2010 Recover Word File

Posted: 21 Dec 2013 03:35 PM PST

I selected copy and replace and saved over a file I didn't want to save over. I have tried the restore previous versions trick but don't see any versions available. If I could somehow find a version of this doc created earlier today or yesterday I'd have the right one. Please help!