Pages

Search

Install Error 1311 - Microsoft Office forums

Install Error 1311 - Microsoft Office forums


Install Error 1311

Posted: 01 Aug 2004 06:15 PM PDT

This failure can be the result of dust on the CD or possibly a damaged CD.
First try cleaning the data side of the CD with a soft cloth. Then see if
you can manually copy that file from the CD to your hard disk. If that
succeeds, then try installing again.

Sloan Crayton
Microsoft

"Steve F." <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:853c01c4782e$3c2f0640$gbl... 


transferring office XP from one computer to another?

Posted: 01 Aug 2004 01:27 PM PDT

Okay, third option. I am unaware of the licensing for the Academic version
(version that you have) so you may want to look under any Office program's
Help->View EULA to see if the 2 installations works with this version. I
think it does but having never had Office academic, I could not tell you for
sure.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to
the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal
account will be deleted without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Daniel L Newhouse
asked:

| I wasn't being careful. My box says "Microsoft Office XP
| professional" and it has an "Academic Price"
| logo on it. I suppose it is not the same thing as the student and
| teacher edition but it is also not the same
| thing as the regular retail Office XP.
|
| I had to provide my class schedule to order it.
|
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
| <org> wrote in message
| news:phx.gbl...
|| Oh, by the way, the reason for the confusion is that the Office XP
|| for Students and Teachers edition is the standard edition, not
|| professional as you stated in your first post.
||
|| --
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]


Replacing the used Office 2003 product key with a correct one

Posted: 01 Aug 2004 12:56 PM PDT

I should have mentioned that on some machines you need to do this in the
''C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.Windows\Application
Data\Microsoft\OFFICE\DATA'. See if that works for you.

Sloan Crayton
Microsoft

"Barak" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com... 


Can't install Office Pro Upgrade

Posted: 01 Aug 2004 12:42 PM PDT

If your version of Office is an upgrade, the license for that version
specifically states that you are required to retain the qualifying product
as long as you use the license. If you do not have a qualifying product,
your license is invalid. Start saving up.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to
the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal
account will be deleted without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Karen asked:

| I had to replace my hard drive & I need to reinstall
| Office. However, I have only the Upgrade disks, not the
| old version which I replaced with the Upgrade. I am not
| allowed to install because it can't find an older version
| on my new hard drive. Is there anything I can do short
| of spending hundreds of dollars on another set of disks?
| Thanks.


Can I install both Office 2003 and Office 2000 on Windows XP Pro?

Posted: 31 Jul 2004 06:56 AM PDT

Thanks,
my mistake for not including the order of installation...

Chris Schatte
--
use the Office Online web based newsreader here:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx
In Office System 2003 applications:
Help/Assistance Pane/open Communities


"Sloan Crayton [MS]" wrote:
 

Office 03: Can't kill Clipboard popup

Posted: 30 Jul 2004 06:57 AM PDT

Thanks for the reply. You are right, I still had one of the check marks selected.
Todd

"Eric Lawrence [MSFT]" <com> wrote in message news:<phx.gbl>...