Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - Picture Rotation in Word 2010 using a pre-existing sizing macro

Microsoft Word - Picture Rotation in Word 2010 using a pre-existing sizing macro


Picture Rotation in Word 2010 using a pre-existing sizing macro

Posted: 15 Jan 2015 02:17 PM PST

I'm trying to modify a macro to include a 90 degree rotation as part of it being re-sized. 

Sub Asize()
Dim targetHeight As Single
Dim targetWidth As Single
Dim oShp As Shape
Dim oILShp As InlineShape
targetHeight = 5.6
targetWidth = 12
If Not Selection.ShapeRange Is Nothing Then
  For Each oShp In Selection.ShapeRange
    With oShp
       .LockAspectRatio = msoFalse
       .Width = CentimetersToPoints(targetWidth)
       .Height = CentimetersToPoints(targetHeight)
    End With
  Next
End If
For Each oILShp In Selection.InlineShapes
  With oILShp
    .LockAspectRatio = msoFalse
    .Width = CentimetersToPoints(targetWidth)
    .Height = CentimetersToPoints(targetHeight)
  End With
Next
End Sub

I've tried converting the inline shapes to shapes to rotate them but i'm not really sure where i'm going wrong. My end goal is to have a macro which re-sizes the image to the set size, and rotates it 90/270 degrees on the page.

Thanks in advance.

MS Word 2013 Expandable and Collapsible features

Posted: 15 Jan 2015 02:17 PM PST

Hi, I am trying to create an interactive document in which a document can have all sections collapsed and available to expand with a click in the heading for each section. Is the reader restricted to only those who have the updated MS word 2013 version? Can a collapsible/expandable file be password protected?

Word 2010 Building Blocks/Quick Parts no longer populating text using short name

Posted: 15 Jan 2015 01:53 PM PST

Hi.  I have a colleague who prepares a lot of Quick Parts/Autotext as she is a keyboard person, not a mouse person.  She usually uses the short name to invoke the Quickpart/Autotext.  It is no longer working.  She can drill down through the quickparts and insert it by using the mouse, but it is apparently slowing her work productivity.  Any idea what I should look at?

Using character map with MS Office 2003

Posted: 15 Jan 2015 01:18 PM PST

I am having a problem inserting private characters in programs/componemts of Office 2003.  They come into the document but appear as some form of Asian alphabet instead of the character I created in Private Character Editor.

The strange thing is that it works fine with wordpad and notepad, but not with Word, Excel or Powerpoint.

I am running windows 7 home on a laptop platform and MS Office 2003.

Not sure what I might be doing wrong.  I open Character Map, select the private character (which appears just the way I created it), then click the "copy" button.  I then go back to my document and paste.  I've tried pasting from the pull down menus and using the keyboard shortcut.  I know it shouldn't make any difference, but I tried both ways just in case.  Either way I get the same result--some sort of Chinese or Korean character appears instead of the character I created.

I then open wordpad and press control-V.  Viola!  My character appears perfectly!  BTW, I assigned the character to all fonts when I created it and have tried it with several different fonts.  Same results each time.  I also tried selecting the character and changing fonts after it had been pasted-That didn't help either!

Somebody please give me a pearl of wisdom on this.  I really want to make it work.

Oh, BTW--upgrading to the latest version of MS Office or a newer version of Windows is NOT an option (cost prohibitive) so you don't even need to mention that.  There HAS to be a way to make this work according to design!!!

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Clyde

The name of the corrector is changes into "Author" (WORD 2013)

Posted: 15 Jan 2015 01:17 PM PST

Hi,

I sent a WORD2013 document for review by colleagues and they made corrections. 

The corrections (an comments) were "marked" with their names when viewed on their computer (example: "John deleted" or "John - comment".

However, when I received the document (sent by e-mail), all names ("John" and the like) were replaced by "Author".  So, even though I could see the corrections (and the comments), I could not see who did them. 

To check for a problem due to the sending the document by e-mail, I made my-self come corrections and then sent the document to me by e-mail.   In the file I received, my corrections were marked correctly (by my name). 

Did my colleague make something wrong or this a problem of WORD 2013 configuration ?  How wan this be corrected ?

Regards,

name of corrector is chnaged to "author"

Posted: 15 Jan 2015 01:12 PM PST

Hi,

I sent a WORD2013 document for review by colleagues and they made corrections. 

The corrections (an comments) were "marked" with their names when viewed on their computer (example: "John deleted" or "John - comment".

However, when I received the document (sent by e-mail), all names ("John" and the like) were replaced by "Author".  So, even though I could see the corrections (and the comments), I could not see who did them. 

To check for a problem due to the sending the document by e-mail, I made my-self come corrections and then sent the document to me by e-mail.   In the file I received, my corrections were marked correctly (by my name). 

Did my colleague make something wrong or this a problem of WORD 2013 configuration ?  How wan this be corrected ?

Regards,

 

Template document lost

Posted: 15 Jan 2015 12:41 PM PST

I created a resume cover letter using the free templates.  The system saved it but I cannot find it.  Where did it go?

Picture disappears when setting Text Wrapping to "Behind Text"

Posted: 15 Jan 2015 12:20 PM PST

Split from this thread.

I have text in  a text box and want to add a picture (e.g. signature_) to come over or behind the text.

I do Insert > Picture.,  select the picture (jpg or gif) resize it with the handles, set wrap to Behind Text, and at that point the picture just disappears!!!  Print preview shows no picture...

(Using Word 2013 on Win 8/1 64 )

Cannot resize table columns in word 2013

Posted: 15 Jan 2015 11:51 AM PST

I have just recently started using MS Office 2013. In the past, it was EASY to create a table and then highlight a column and hover over the vertical line between columns, the mouse pointer would change to the nifty little arrow line arrow pointer, and then you could drag the column and change its width. it was easy, intuitive, simple, -- a total no-brainer.

Now in Word 2013, that no longer works. I cannot drag the column widths, and I cannot change the width at all for the columns in my table.

I have looked for settings in many places, but I cannot seem to get the table to allow me to drag and resize the columns in any way.

It is very annoying that such simple intuitive functionality from past versions does not work anymore in Office 2013, Word 2013.

Word 2003, last page of any document flickers. affects printing too.

Posted: 15 Jan 2015 11:34 AM PST

Hello. I am using Word 2003, win 7 64 bit home. I recently updated something for word 2003 (http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/7/8/778493c2-ace3-44c5-8bc3-d102da80e0f6/Office2003SP3-KB923618-FullFile-ENU.exe)Office 2003 sp3 KB923618-FullFile-ENU-exe. Apparently this didn't do anything as I got some error/reply to the effect of 'desired program not found'.

I tried printing a resume yesterday and the second page was all misprinted ie many lines were jammed together, some lines halfway legible others very faint. So,I did a check with the printer hardware and the printer checks out fine.

Today I copied and pasted a 10 page document to word and when I went to add another 10 page section to that I noticed when scrolling down to the last page, that that page was all jumping and flickering erratically. I was not able to add to that document and had to open a new page for each section.

Why is this happening? I am sure it has something to do with the failed update but I do not know how to 'undo' an update and an apparently failed one at that.

If I uninstall word and reinstall it should this fix the situation and will I lose all documents?

Can I remove the damage done by the failed update?

I do still have my original disc for office/word 2003.

Thank you

All office files corrupted

Posted: 15 Jan 2015 11:28 AM PST

all my office documents have been infected with some malware/virus that has also added the extension (fEstasAzulCorrupta) to everyone of my document and i cannot open any one of them. i used nod 32 to try fish it out as what i was using before had expired, and some malicious stuff was found and removed but the files remained the same. How do i get my files back. running windows 8 and office 2010

Fonts/styles not displaying on some computers

Posted: 15 Jan 2015 09:38 AM PST

I created a Word template in Word 2007 that others use to create documents. When some of these computers (who also have Word 2007) view these documents, the Arial font  for certain styles displays as Times New Roman. And when we inspect the style, we see that it's set to TNR. Arial is available as an option in the available fonts, but it's not connected to those styles. However, when I open the document on my computer, it displays as Arial and the style is set to Arial.

A couple of the computers fixed themselves over time, and they now display correctly. Another person was working on a completely unrelated document that used Cordia font. Now, every time she opens a document created from my Word template, selected styles are set to Cordia. And when I opened the file after she had worked on it, the font was also set to Cordia on my copy.

We have tried changing the default printer and setting the default font. Please advise.

How Do I Start Using Word in Office 365?

Posted: 15 Jan 2015 09:27 AM PST

<moved from Windows 7 Files, Folders, and Online Storage>

I just bought my HP laptop last night.  I need to type a paper pronto for school.  The laptop I have came with a 1yr subscription to Office 365 personal.  I believe I have activated everything properly.  However when I try to find where the word software is I cannot find it!!  Is it that I can only access this software online?  what if I need to work on my paper where there is no internet available?  Please in plain simple instructions, How can I work on my paper the fastest APA style?  I greatly appreciate any help available and thank you very much in advance.

Creating two A5 pages per sheet of A4 in Word 2007

Posted: 15 Jan 2015 09:00 AM PST

I have been asked to make up an A5 leaflet, with two leaflets per page for printing.  I tried various ways which all worked to a certain extent, but then found this article by Microsoft MVP, Suzanne S Barnhill: http://wordfaqs.mvps.org/2PagesPerSheet.htm which seemed like a really simple way of doing it so I thought I would give it a go.  I've set it up exactly as advised and, in terms of typing in data etc., it seems to work ok, but when I print it out I just get one copy on a sheet of landscape as opposed to two.

I have another problem in the left/right margins were quite big so I tried to change them, but they don't seem to change within the document.

Has anyone else tried using Suzanne's method and could perhaps help me resolve this?

Word 2007 file names each document by default

Posted: 15 Jan 2015 08:59 AM PST

Is there a way Office 2007 Word will automatically include name  of file in footer of each and every document created by  default in footer ? I do have Windows 7 and Office 2007.

My need arises when I have  created and  printed a file for shareing or my own use and then at later time trying to find file with hard copy in hand !

Label Mail Merge Issue

Posted: 15 Jan 2015 08:25 AM PST

MS Office 2010 - I followed the Step by Step Mail Merge Wizard.  My labels looked fine on the screen.  I selected Print.  Just prior to printing, all of the labels on my screen converted to identical labels - all 30 now look like #1 - and they printed out in the newly converted format.

Why does the mail merge keep changing my labels immediately prior to print - how do I get the mail merge to print out my unique labels?

How to autofill with Microsoft Word 2010

Posted: 15 Jan 2015 08:06 AM PST

Using Microsoft Word 2010, how can I use "auto fill" to complete documents that reuse the information once it is typed. For example.

[Date] 

Re: [Customer Name]'s car

Dear [Customer Name]

Today is [DATE]. Yesterday I say your car in the parking lot. Jane asked me whose car it was. I said it belonged to [Customer Name]. She said she loved your car on [DATE].

How can I get the document to fill all the [DATE] fields with the same information when it it typed once?

CS115 Question

Posted: 15 Jan 2015 07:13 AM PST

How do I copy and paste?

mail merge for labels printing duplicates

Posted: 15 Jan 2015 06:41 AM PST

When attempting to print labels from a mail merge (excel source), each page of labels begins with the following name - e.g "john Smith" appears on label one of first page followed by "bob jones" (label #2), then the rest of the names to fill the remaining labels on sheet, 2nd sheet labels begins with "bob jones" followed by "jane doe" then rest of the names, 3rd sheet labels begin with "jane doe", then rest of names, etc.

What must we do to ensure that one and the same document is displayed the same way regardless of the Office version in which it edited, saved or viewed?

Posted: 15 Jan 2015 06:28 AM PST

In our technical department we have 4 persons (2 use Office 2013 and 2 use Office 2010).

However when one Office 2010 user opens an Word document previously edited in Office 2013 the layout is completely distorted (even when saved as for Office 2010) and the other way around. (by distorted we mean that the layout changes significantly)

Our computer guy says that the only option is to downgrade everything to Office 2010 or upgrading all computers to Office 2013.

This is not an acceptable solution to us as it probably also means that we will have to change all the layouts of all the Word documents when we change to office 2015 or 2017...

Secondly we even notice that we have the same problem in lesser form between the two Office 2010 users.

What must we do to ensure that one and the same document is displayed the same way regardless of the Office version in which it edited, saved or viewed?

Kind regards,

Thomas

Clipart in Office 2013

Posted: 15 Jan 2015 04:45 AM PST

Hi.  I am using Office 2013 and trying to insert clipart into a Word document.  However, the option for clipart seems to have vanished recently. 

When I click INSERT > ONLINE PICTURES the only option that appears is Bing Image Search.  Any ideas how I can get Office.com Clipart to reappear?

Lowered font is treated differently in Word 2013

Posted: 15 Jan 2015 01:13 AM PST

I just switched from Office 2010 to Office 365 Business Premium. In my documents I have the headings in 'frames' i.e. the background of the whole line has a different colour. Since I do not want the characters stick to the top of these frames, I changed the position of the font (Modify Style/Font/Advanced) to 'Lowered'.

In Word 2010 this worked nicely, in Word 2013 however this has no visual effect when the same document has been opened. I have to increase the number of points from 6 (Word 2010) to 18 (Word 2013) in order to get the same effect.

  20103 (Lowered 6pt)                 2010 (Lowered 6pt)

Is this intended behaviour or how could this change be explained?

Proofing Tools office 2013 arabic & windows 8.3 32bit

Posted: 14 Jan 2015 11:38 PM PST

Microsoft Office Proofing Tools office 2013 arabic language is not compatible with windows 8.3 32bit
any help please

Word 2013 Question

Posted: 14 Jan 2015 08:23 PM PST

I'm not sure what I did, but I now have a dotted line outlining my paragraph mark.  This goes from margin to margin.  Each time I hit Return, this box forms around the paragraph mark, so if I hit Return 5 times, each one has a separate box around.  Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

Does Revision causes Word to Increase in File Size?

Posted: 14 Jan 2015 07:56 PM PST

Hi! I would like to as if every time you made changes to a document & save it, the file size increases? Does Revision No. & file size go hand-in hand? I just noticed in my word document that whenever Revision No. goes up the file size also increases. Need help on this. Thanks!

By the way, I am using Word 2013

Microsoft Word Issues

Posted: 14 Jan 2015 06:08 PM PST

I have Windows 7.  I am trying to edit or copy my resume in Word and it will not allow me to.  My subscription has expired and I do not wish to reactivate just to make changes to this one document.  I can I go about retrieving my document.

Moved from Windows 7 Programs Forum.

display of hyperlinks in Word 2010

Posted: 14 Jan 2015 05:45 PM PST

I've created a number of documents with inserted hyperlinks, with no trouble for years.

All of a sudden, the old links and all new ones  now show fancy brackets with the beginning word "HYPERLINK"

e.g.,      www.google.com   has become   { HYPERLINK http://www.google.com }

Can't find a way to change formatting back.  Help!

HP Business Inkjet 2800 ignores multiple copy request in Word 2013, Windows 8.1

Posted: 14 Jan 2015 01:38 PM PST

Is there an update for Word 2013 that will activate the multiple copy feature on the HP Business Inkjet 2800 series?

How to automatically control the paragraph spacing for each headline?

Posted: 14 Jan 2015 12:42 PM PST

as you can see here:

under chapter 1.2.1

i would like that the text will be with tabs like this:

but automaticly for the entire text

how can i do this?

first image:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38094905/Screenshot%202015-01-14%2022.38.47.png

second image:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38094905/Screenshot%202015-01-14%2022.41.00.png