Pages

Search

Exch2k3 & Outlook 2k2 Rules ... - Microsoft Exchange

Exch2k3 & Outlook 2k2 Rules ... - Microsoft Exchange


Exch2k3 & Outlook 2k2 Rules ...

Posted: 18 Feb 2005 08:47 AM PST


I never give up! I'll ante-up $250 and call the folks in India before I
give up. To work around this problem I created a contact for the outside
address, then modified the persons Exchange properties to forward email to
that contact as well as sending it to their Inbox.

Now, that problem is fixed (for this instance); still, if either of them
wish to have a rule for sorting their Inbox, they will find out that they
have too many folders to create a rule.

Yes, I finally was able to determine the problem and the fix. The person
who had almost 50 sub-folders was the one I choose to "mess" with. I created
a .PST and moved the NON-DEFAULT folders to it. Closed his Outlook client
and waited 20 mins for everything to settle down. I was then able to create
rules at the server via OWA.

So, I'm going to say that the folders do take away from the 32kb of space
for the OUTLOOK TODAY root folder. There we have it, the final answer! Each
and every sub-folder created under OUTLOOK TODAY takes away a few bytes from
that 32kb cache or buffer. I'll also say that the limit is self-imposed at
MS for no good reason, that it is not a hindrence created by using RPC, nor
any other such non-sense. At best, it's someones idea of "they'll never need
more than 32kb of memory"...


Yours: Old Fogie


"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
 

SSL and RPC over HTTP

Posted: 18 Feb 2005 08:39 AM PST

Thanks heaps for your help. Thats precisely the information I was after.

Grant

"Andrew Mitchell" <vic.gov.au> wrote in message
news:46.248.16... 


No option to save password on OWA login screen

Posted: 18 Feb 2005 08:31 AM PST


HEY! I AIN'T DEAD YET...

I'm suppin a soda and groovin to Billy Thorpe's Children of the Sun Album,
whilst I'm learning ASP.NET (yuck).

So, did you look to see if the site with the problem is in the wrong
security zone? The different zones have different configs for remembering
things.

That's my last stab at this one, hope you're having a good weekend!


Yours: OldFogie


"Kittypuss" wrote:
 

From Groupwise 5.5 to Exchange 2003 -> How to?

Posted: 18 Feb 2005 05:19 AM PST

"Herm" <com> wrote in message
news:phx.gbl... 
of 
mail 
client? 

Moving to Exchange will solve all of your problems. To date, no one's
Exchange server has ever crashed and no one has ever lost any messages.
Groupwise is inherently unstable and it crashes for everyone who uses it, so
you're not alone. Fortunately, Exchange is the perfect substitute for good
system design and troubleshooting skills. Enjoy.


Creating a mailbox

Posted: 16 Feb 2005 05:11 PM PST

I don't think my symantec SGS360 has a feature like that, but I'll double
check anyway.

--
Thank you
Please post only
"Todd Fatheree" <net> wrote in message
news:%phx.gbl... 
to 


Block external email claiming to be from my domain?

Posted: 16 Feb 2005 04:29 PM PST

Hello,
I tried adding my domain to the sender filter, and applying it to all my
SMTP Virtual Servers, but it didn't quite work.

Here is my configuration:
I have server BE1 and BE2, which just hold mailboxes, and are in seperate
routing groups. I have FE1, which is a front-end, and holds the SMTP
connector for the org, and the routing group connector (FE1 and BE1 are in
the same routing group).

I applied the sender filter to all three servers. After doing so, BE1 could
send mail to itself, and to the internet (going through FE1 to get out). BE2
could send to itself, but not to the internet. All mail between BE1 and BE2
gets dropped as well. Is there something I'm missing here?

Thanks.

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:
 

OWA Reach configure on client instead on server

Posted: 16 Feb 2005 07:27 AM PST

Thanks!

"Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" wrote: