Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - Word 2013 'Recent' items list stopped working.

Microsoft Word - Word 2013 'Recent' items list stopped working.


Word 2013 'Recent' items list stopped working.

Posted: 19 Apr 2015 01:59 PM PDT

Recently, my 'Recent' items list stopped working in Word (2013).  The items list works perfect in Excel 2013, but not Word.

I've tried unpinning Word, and re-pinning.

I've checked the options panel:

> Options > Advanced > Display > Show this number of Recent Documents...

I've deleted all files in the 'Recent items' directory:

%AppData%\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent items

I've deleted all files in the 'Recent' directory:

%AppData%\Roaming\Microsoft\Office\Recent

The above 'Recent items' and 'Recent' folders/directories re-populate documents I reopen, including .word documents, but Word's Recent items list still will not work.

I can not find a "AutomaticDestinations" folder, as suggested in other discussions; I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro.

Word failed to start correctly last time.

Posted: 19 Apr 2015 12:38 PM PDT

I am running Office XP pro under W7 pro 64 and when I try to open word I get an erroe message saying "Word failed to start correctly last time".  It will run in safe mode and I have tried the repair function as well as de installing Office XP and re installing it again. I have scanned the registry for errors and uninstalled various programmes but word still refuses to cooperate.  Hopefully this may mean something to the forum:-

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    WINWORD.EXE
  Application Version:    10.0.2627.0
  Application Timestamp:    3a9cdbe7
  Fault Module Name:    WINWORD.EXE
  Fault Module Version:    10.0.2627.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    3a9cdbe7
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    008248f2
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    2057

Additional information about the problem:
  LCID:    1033

Any assistance in solving the issue will be appreciated.

PeterT

Word Error

Posted: 19 Apr 2015 04:34 AM PDT

I've been using Word 365 on my laptop for a few months and it has been working fine.  However, I recently got sent a word document from a PC that sill uses word 2003 - editing the document a few days ago was fine too. I tried to continue working on this dicument today and a words error message keeps popping up, also on the top where it says word in brakcets it also says (Non Commerical use) (Un-licensed product).

I've tried opening word in safe mode and the same error messae pops up. What do you recommend I do, as this document is really important and I need to be able to use word.

Thanks

Cannot Verifiy Licence of Product. Repair using Control Panel

Posted: 19 Apr 2015 12:42 AM PDT

Hello, I've been trying to figure out this problem that's been happening since I had to uninstall and reinstall Windows 8.1 due to software glitch. The prior problem occurred when the video card (or something related) malfunctioned while I was using the web and it caused bits of the site to splotch then disappear repeatedly. I managed to solve that one by using back up and restore to preserve my documents and files while uninstalling then reinstalling Windows 8.1.

Using a back up I managed restore it back to it's factory setting, but the clinch is after installing Windows Office 2013 Personal onto my laptop it displays that "Microsoft Windows Cannot verify the license of this product" 

For the past few days, I've tried trouble shooting it with using the control panel, tried compatibility scan, uninstall and reinstall plus one to two other suggestions from similar inquiries. To put bluntly, I'm at my wits' end to what I should do since I can't do much without even a basic technical know-how. With that in mind I could really use some help figuring it out? My guess is that as far as I can tell the product key  must be corrupted if uninstalling and reinstalling is only proving a case of futile.

My laptop is Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series

I've had it for three weeks

The glitch mess happened on week ago

Thanks,

ChrisCarampot

I can't open my word file, really need help, please

Posted: 18 Apr 2015 06:37 PM PDT

Hello,

I need help to open a very important docx archive, I've tried all the instructions by Microsoft, even the installation of 'fix it' that said "Fix damaged Word documents caused by a graphical object/textbox anchored to a paragraph containing an equation". I saw the same discussion here but it was already solved by "Jeeped", so if there's anybody who can help I would be very grateful.

MS Office 2013 Word error messages

Posted: 18 Apr 2015 04:54 PM PDT

Every time I try to open Word program or word document I get this error:  "Word could not create the work file. Check the temp environment variable"! Which I would be glad to check, but I do NOT know where.  Can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to do this and I promise to place in my list on error fixes.  Thanks for your help.

Text box

Posted: 18 Apr 2015 03:20 PM PDT

how do I create a text box and insert it into the rest of the page completely organized and next to eachother.