Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - blank space below typed line

Microsoft Word - blank space below typed line


blank space below typed line

Posted: 18 Apr 2015 01:48 PM PDT

i want to have a blank space below the line being typed. right now my typing goes down to the bottom of the page and then it types everything right up against the very bottom of the screen/word-window.

word 2013 macro PrintCurrentPage not working since April 2015 update

Posted: 18 Apr 2015 11:35 AM PDT

For several years, I have been using a macro in Word to print the current page with the assigned key Ctrl-7.  Since installing the Windows 7/MS Office updates of April 16, 2015, the macro has been printing the first page of the file, not the current page.  Any thoughts?

Word 2010 book or manual for beginner - a Russian version and an English version

Posted: 18 Apr 2015 10:51 AM PDT

Hi, I am tutoring Russian seniors - and I do not speak Russian and they are learning English as a second langauge. I am trying to find tutorials - preferably ones that I can buy hard copy or download and print - to help them learn to used Word 2010 in both Russian language and English language so I can help follow along. Any suggestions for resources?

Thank you.

Using multiple number lists based on style

Posted: 18 Apr 2015 08:14 AM PDT

Hi

I am setting up a document which will be used for bilingual business proposals, with one language always English.

In order to keep corresponding paragraphs together I intend to create a table, or series of tables with two columns.  The English paragraphs will be in the left column while the other language will be in the right column.

I have set up a number of styles (eg ENG_Heading 1, ENG_Heading 2, OL_Heading 1, OL_Heading 2 etc) so that I can create corresponding TOCs.

My problem is that all of my headings are numbered, and as you can imagine, the heading number for the first English heading is 1.  Similarly, the heading number for the first OL (other language) heading is also 1.  However, the numbered list treats both styles the same, and sets the OL heading to 2.  The same goes for 1.1 and 1.1.1.

Is there a way to run numbering sequences based on the style used for the heading?  The only way I have found to do this so far is to manually renumber each OL heading.  This of course allows the next English heading to be the correct number, but not the next OL heading.  I have played around with basing the styles on different styles but have not yet had any luck.

Thanks for any help.

Chris

Word Files

Posted: 18 Apr 2015 07:36 AM PDT

Hi

I'm running Word 2013 from the Office 2013 bundle.  

I created a word file and now I want to delete that file.  When I attempt to delete, Word tells me it cannot perform the action because the file is open in Winword.exe.

A search finds just the one file, no duplicates anywhere on the computer.

I copied the contents to another file and renamed it but now I want to delete the old file, can you help

Bob H

Format disruption after numbering format

Posted: 18 Apr 2015 07:19 AM PDT

Hi community!   I have the following issue: 

  1. Problem:

I want the text in this line to be brought up, right following the colon above, but keeping its font, yet what happens is as follows:

  1. ProblemI want this text to be added following the colon above, but keeping its font.

As you can see, bringing up a line the text just turns its font into italics, which is the format of the text which "originally" appeared before the line break; yet, notice that the word which I actually meant to appear in italics, namely "colon" changes its font to a normal roman format, which is kind of just the opposite.

Even if I change manually the format of the text following the numbering, the italic feature is still present, like something intrinsic to it, so that bringing up text brings about the same result.

Would it be possible to merge different paragraphs, each maintaining their respective formattings or fonts?

Hope to hear news soon. Thanks in advance!

Mike same document in Microsoft word 2013 has become corrupted

Posted: 18 Apr 2015 07:19 AM PDT

Mike blank plane document in Word 2014 now has a grid on it. I don't know what to do but I don't have a plane document is filled with checks. It is a grid of created another document that is plane, but when I click on the plane document I get the one with a grid all in it, so what can I do to get rid of that grid, and when I click on plane document. I want to get a plane document the need to call Microsoft cannot fix it myself question? Any and all help will be appreciated

Record Macro to apply yellow highlighting to text and assign key control

Posted: 18 Apr 2015 06:15 AM PDT

Split from this thread.

Record a macro that applies yellow highlighting to text. Name the macro highlight and assign the keyboard CTRL+7. Apply it to the percent of the global production of the honey Production table column.

Please help me

Macros are automatically being createdon MS Word

Posted: 18 Apr 2015 06:08 AM PDT

Split from this thread.

My system keeps automatically creating MACROS on my MS Word and I think this is what is making it run sluggishly. When I delete my 'NORMAL' or my 'NORMALEMAIL' templates, andre-create new ones, it works but whenever I attempt to close MS Word (i.e., all open files) It tells me that a change has been done that affects the Global Template", If I select "Save", the Macros re-appear and if I use word again with a few files open or type a long file, the sluggishness reappears.

I have McAffee Virus protection, and I have run CC Cleaner, but they do not get rid of these self-creating macros. How can I delete them off my system. Can I run a search for a "micros" or something? 

Document un-editable and a grey background appears over everything- not highlighted, shaded or field issue

Posted: 18 Apr 2015 02:01 AM PDT

I have a document that is almost completely un-editable and all the text has a grey background. Even the tool bar at the top is completely un-useable and greyed out. I can insert new lines with enter and select the text but not type anything or format anything. The grey even shows up on print preview

I have attempted checking the fielding with ALT+F9, CTRL+SHIFT+F9 etc.

I cannot uninstall as I am not an admin and it even occurs when I send the document to different PCs

The issue occurred when I attempted to insert a caption for a table.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Help MS Office 2010 is going crazy asking me for key which I have but says it is wrong and Outlook won't work at all!

Posted: 17 Apr 2015 11:53 PM PDT

Having problem with word 2010 constantly asking for my registration key even though it is correct and straight out of the box it now says that the key is wrong and shuts down the program.  This is not the only problem that I've been having with office 2010 generally.  Microsoft outlook does not turn on at all and I have to go to a web based email system which is a real pain in my line of work so I am at a complete loss as to what to do.

Any suggestions you may have would be more than greatly appreciated I appreciate your time and effort in advance and thank you again.