Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - table formatting question/issue

Microsoft Word - table formatting question/issue


table formatting question/issue

Posted: 09 Mar 2013 08:52 AM PST

I would like to distinguish (highlight, underline, shade) the heading in a table from the rest of the table.  I have tried using Table Styles and Borders with limited success.

Any suggestions will be welcomed.  Proffer any ideas freely.

Best free on-line collaboration software that allows tracking changes

Posted: 08 Mar 2013 05:38 PM PST

I am lookng for free on-line software that allows for tracking changes so that both (or all) those working on a project can see all changes that have been made, and allow comments to be entered in the margins, and I would like to know if Microsoft Word 2010's SharePoint is the best program.  I have done a little research on-line and it seems most programs just allow one to see the versions of a document that are automatically saved every thirty minutes or so, and allow comments to be inserted, but do not allow one to track changes.  I have come to the preliminary conclusion that Microsoft Word's SharePoint is the best, but I just wondered if anyone had any ideas on this.

Which key will I type to get the sign of percentage

Posted: 08 Mar 2013 04:31 PM PST

Which key will I type to get the sign of percentage. I want to type percentage sign, for examples 10 percent, 20 percent, 90 percent and,so on, but I did not know the key that will give me the sign of percentage. I want type percent in sign not in words. So show me  how I will type it. from sage 180
i type in Microsoft Word 7.

When I receive a PDF I cannot open it in anything but gibberish

Posted: 08 Mar 2013 03:58 PM PST

When i receive a PDF and I try to open it with my Microsoft Word...which is not only alternative...I get gibberish like the following:

%PDF-1.5

%µµµµ

1 0 obj

<</Type/Catalog/Pages 2 0 R/Lang(en-US) /StructTreeRoot 62 0 R/MarkInfo<</Marked true>>>>

endobj

2 0 obj

<</Type/Pages/Count 8/Kids[ 3 0 R 18 0 R 39 0 R 42 0 R 45 0 R 53 0 R 56 0 R 59 0 R] >>

endobj

3 0 obj

<</Type/Page/Parent 2 0 R/Resources<</Font<</F1 5 0 R/F2 7 0 R/F3 9 0 R/F4 14 0 R>>/XObject<</Image16 16 0 R>>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI] >>/MediaBox[ 0 0 612 792] /Contents 4 0 R/Group<</Type/Group/S/Transparency/CS/DeviceRGB>>/Tabs/S/StructParents 0>>

endobj

4 0 obj

<</Filter/FlateDecode/Length 956>>

stream

xœÍ™]o[7

 

Why is this and how can I correct it?

I so far have to save it to my desktop and then open it with my Adobe Reader.

Why is this? I used to be able to view any PDF whether it was from my e-mail {Microsoft Outlook} or if I was trying to download a PDF it would show up in English, as that is the language I speak. However, a few months ago, this is the kind of view I get when I click to open it. This jibberish means nothing to me. If anyone can help me I would be most grateful. I have no idea why this started as I have done nothing differend with my computer. Weird as it may seem, my husband's home computer does the same.

Helen Lehman *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Word 2010 not replacing "-->" with arrow character

Posted: 08 Mar 2013 02:18 PM PST

In previous versions of Word entering "-->" would be automatically replaced with a light arrow pointing right, "<--" with a light arrow pointing left, "==>" with a heavy arrow pointing right, and "<==" with a heavy arrow pointing left. This does not seem to be happening in Word 2010. I can't find any options for this in the Auto-Correct/Auto-Format settings. What do I need to do in order to get this behavior back?

All Available Programs in Office 365 Home Immediately Close Upon Opening even after running quick repair and online repair

Posted: 08 Mar 2013 02:16 PM PST

I just purchased and installed Office 365 for Home. Every program in the Office Suite Immediately closes with the error message "something is wrong with the program and it is closing."  I need Word so I have been working with it first.  I followed instructions to disable the add-ins by running Word in Safe Mode.  Although I am the Administrator, I cannot remove the add-ins because the System doesn't recognize me as the Administrator. What are my next steps here short of uninstalling Office 365 and reinstalling Office 2010?

Create and save letterhead in Office

Posted: 08 Mar 2013 12:57 PM PST

I would like to create and save a letterhead as a template so that I can use it for all my letters.

Office Word icon becomes generic look

Posted: 08 Mar 2013 07:47 AM PST

I have the generic office word icon in my desk top after it install in my 64bit win 7 , but it works normally when I double click it, and my excel 2010 icon looks normal , only the word icon become generic, anyone can solve this problem?

Problems with deleting file from printer queue

Posted: 08 Mar 2013 02:11 AM PST

I have tried to delete a file from the printer queue - it says it is deleting but has not done so, and is stopping me from printing other files.  I am using a Kodak wireless printer.