Pages

Search

Office 2003 with Access 2000 - Microsoft Office forums

Office 2003 with Access 2000 - Microsoft Office forums


Office 2003 with Access 2000

Posted: 24 Jul 2006 03:42 AM PDT

Well the MS advice for running two versions of office/components is to
install earliest first update then install later versions. And to install
into seperate folders.
Unfortunately Office2k installs by default into the Office Folder, whilst
later version install to a version Specific Folder.
Having said that I have run an Access2k at default location with Office2003
installed without a problem.
So you should be just able to install Office2003 with whatever method you
use to roll out, ensuring that the install doesnt remove Access2k (This will
only be an option if your Office2003 includes Access2003)
Be aware if Office2003 features Access 2003 you might want to ammend any
Access2k shortcuts prior to install as these will be overwritten.

"nik" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com... 
to 
install 
to 
there 


My PC back Up Routine

Posted: 23 Jul 2006 08:24 PM PDT

I use a similar back up regimen, using DriveImage 7.0 to my USB 200GB
external hard drive about once a week. I have GoBack as my first line of
defense with DI 7.0 as my emergency repair. I back up my Quicken banking
info on my other USB drive on a daily basis.
--

Darrell R. Schmidt
B-58 Hustler History: (see below)
http://members.cox.net/dschmidt1/


"JP" <nospam> wrote in message
news:%23kGZ$phx.gbl... 


the functions of keys on my keyboard have transposed

Posted: 22 Jul 2006 07:28 AM PDT

It sounds like your keyboard thinks it's for another language.

Use start and settings to go to the control panel.
Choose Regional and Language Options.



--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]




"toronto" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com... 


Import profile

Posted: 21 Jul 2006 04:51 PM PDT

The rules are in the .pst, the account settings in the registry and your
signatures in a folder under Application Data.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
reading.

After furious head scratching, Rayo K asked:

| Then there is no way to recover my rules, account settings ,
| signatures, etc.?
|
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
|
|| Create a new profile and configure it to use your saved .pst file.
||
|| --
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
||
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
|| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
|| reading.
||
|| After furious head scratching, Rayo K asked:
||
||| I recently had to reformat my hard drive and reinstall all my
||| software including Office 2003. I want ot restore my old profile,
||| dta files, and rules. I ahve a backup of all the files btu I can't
||| figure out how to get outlook to recognize the old profile. How do
||| I do this?


Bundling all updates together

Posted: 21 Jul 2006 11:38 AM PDT

Fabulous! That could be just what I was looking for!

:-) Cheers.

Regards and thanks.

JP
---


"ANONYMOUS" <COM> wrote in message
news:COM... 




Office 2003 Unattended Installation Problems

Posted: 21 Jul 2006 11:23 AM PDT

I've used both a unc path, local path etc. Each time I couldn't run the
install.

Ted

"neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:
 

lost my activation after removing a trial version of Office

Posted: 20 Jul 2006 10:03 PM PDT

*That* is the information I needed. :-)

When you install it you should be prompted to activate by telephone. Select
that. Call them and explain the situation. They will help you.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]




"dena" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com... 


need a product code to reinstall after crash

Posted: 20 Jul 2006 07:58 PM PDT

A workaround is to download Open Office from
http://download.openoffice.org/2.0.3/index.html and use it to open your
older Office files.


"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <com> wrote in message
news:com... 


Word 2003 corruption

Posted: 20 Jul 2006 01:14 PM PDT

Well, it was not the "normal.dot" it was the "Send to laserfiche.dot"

http://www.laserfische.com/

This is a program that allows us to scan paper documents into a server on
our network. A few people have the Administration tools on their machines so
they can take a PDF file and scan into the database. I guess Laserfische
uses Word somehow to do this? I don't know, I have to look into it more.

But in C:\documents and settings\user\application data\microsoft\templates

Where Normal.dot is located, there is also a file called: Send to
Laserfische.dot

When we deleted the Send to laserfishe.dot, Word started working again.

wait, our developer just found an article on the Laserfische website about
this exact problem.

==================
In certain situations, the Send to Laserfiche feature may prevent the mouse
from functioning correctly in Microsoft Word 2003.
Resolution
The "Send to Laserfiche.dot" template is corrupted and is incorrectly
affecting Microsoft Word 2003. Delete the template and restart Word 2003. The
template will be automatically regenerated the next time you start Word.
To delete the template
Close all instances of Microsoft Word 2003. Use the Windows Task Manager to
verify that there is no WINWORD.EXE process still running.
Browse to C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application
Data\Microsoft\Templates.
Delete the "Send to Laserfiche.dot" file.
=====================================



"Tim" wrote:
 

How can i get this ? File: A2561405.CAB

Posted: 20 Jul 2006 10:44 AM PDT

Did you try Google?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]




"nally" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com... 


shortcuts bar - how remove office shortcuts bar

Posted: 20 Jul 2006 03:04 AM PDT

Scaring it away was going to be my next suggestion!

Cheers, Charlie -

Chris

"hitwithahammer" wrote in message 


install office2003 pro. from backup

Posted: 19 Jul 2006 02:52 PM PDT

By reboot it is assumed you mean reinstall?
Depends what 'exactly' you mean by 'backup'
If you mean you used the default backup app, allmost certainly you would
only be able to recover data files.

"com" <microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:com... 


Office Shortcut Bar Not Launchinng on Start-up

Posted: 19 Jul 2006 09:35 AM PDT

Many thanks for the info. Greg, especially the KB link. You wouldn't believe
how long I've worked on this, on and off (only a small problem, but I don't
like loose
ends)!

I've tried the '... start when you next start Widows'/Yes thing, but it
hasn't changed or introduced any icons anywhere. There's still only the one
I copied from the Start Menu in All Users/Startup - but since it looks like
it's not an apocalyptic event in itself, I'm going to just leave it (as it
does work).

Note that I was never asked about automatic start up of the bar when I first
launched it from the Start Menu shortcut, though, only when I manually close
it down. Still, it seems okay, so, okay then.

Thanks again, Greg,

Chris


"Greg Lindsay [MSFT]" <com> wrote in message
news:ez$phx.gbl... 



Office 2007 Silent Installation

Posted: 19 Jul 2006 02:46 AM PDT

Thanks Bob, Your answer solved my problem.. you've really hit the spot :)
Cheers :)

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote: