Pages

Search

I can recieve but not send, what do I do? - Microsoft Office forums

I can recieve but not send, what do I do? - Microsoft Office forums


I can recieve but not send, what do I do?

Posted: 30 Jul 2006 03:14 PM PDT

Since you've posted no information in the body of the msg
I doubt anyone has any idea

"kimfree" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com... 


Vista/Office 2007 Unable to create Exchange Account

Posted: 29 Jul 2006 11:49 AM PDT

Glad you got it working for you. Solving a problem like this deserves a
cold one... have one on me!

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
reading.

After furious head scratching, com asked:

| Finally! I found it. Within the start menu I was able to right-click
| the Outlook icon and enter the properties which is the same as the
| control panel mail applet to access profilces, etc.. I was then able
| to configure the Exchange account. The mail icon is now also showing
| the the x86 Control Panel Icons.
|
| Thanks again for the help in solving this issue!
|
| com wrote:
|| Tried that, no go.
||
|| I've done a search for *.cpl files but still can't seen to locate the
|| mail applet. By chance would you know the name of the Mail setup .cpl
|| file in the System32 folder?
||
|| Thanks again!
||
||
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
||| Open Word 2007 and then close it - go back to Control Panel, ensure
||| you are using Classic view, and see if it is there now.
|||
||| --
||| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|||
||| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
||| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
||| reading.
|||
||| After furious head scratching, com asked:
|||
|||| Thanks for the reply. I do see an option in the control panel to
|||| display x86 control panel icons yet the only icon in there is text
|||| to speech. Still no Mail icon :(
||||
||||
|||| Milly Staples - MVP Outlook wrote:
||||| A 64 bit control panel does not show 32 bit .cpl icons - you need
||||| to specifically enable it. I don't have a 64 bit system to find
||||| it but the option exists in the control panel to show 32 bit
||||| icons. Look for it.
|||||
||||| --
||||| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|||||
||||| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
||||| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
||||| without reading.
|||||
||||| After furious head scratching, com asked:
|||||
|||||| Vista x64 Build 5384
||||||
||||||
|||||| Milly Staples - MVP Outlook wrote:
||||||| What OS are you using? 64 bit Windows Vista?
|||||||
||||||| --
||||||| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|||||||
||||||| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
||||||| All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
||||||| without reading.
|||||||
||||||| After furious head scratching, com asked:
|||||||
|||||||| This is driving me nuts. I'm trying to configure Outlook 2007
|||||||| to connect to my Exchange 2003 server. Can't create using the
|||||||| mail account wizard within Outlook, I get an error about
|||||||| having to use the Mail applet within the Control Panel. Well,
|||||||| there is no "Mail" icon in my control panel. Please help!
||||||||
|||||||| TIA!


Is MS Office 2007 beta (2) time limited / stops working e.g. 01. June 2007 ?

Posted: 29 Jul 2006 09:55 AM PDT

Uh you may have to re download, also turn off everything before intstall, no
other programs can run

"JamesJ" wrote:
 

Office 2007 Beat Setup Failure

Posted: 29 Jul 2006 03:44 AM PDT

I'm actually comparing other software with Access 2003 since
I have nothing else to compare it to.

James

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <com> wrote in message
news:com... 


how do i change office 2003 pro for running in greek to english

Posted: 28 Jul 2006 02:33 AM PDT

Where did you get this copy of Office? Was it ever in English? I suspect you
bought a Greek version and that you will need to buy an English one to get
what you need.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]




"panda" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com... 


Install of 2003 upgrade

Posted: 27 Jul 2006 07:40 PM PDT

Thanks

Randy Davis

"Gyorgy Moldova [MVP]" <org> wrote in message
news:com... 


Office 2007 beta , powerpoint

Posted: 27 Jul 2006 05:30 PM PDT

You may want to use the link below to post directly to the Powerpoint newsgroup as well and include specifics on your Windows
version, your CD make, your CD burner software and version and the steps you're using.

========
<<"BREAKERLL" <microsoft.com> wrote in message news:com...
Powerpoint does not recognize my cd burner and i cant publish to a cd, is
this program supposed to be fully functional,if so what am i supposed to do .
i've already changed drives with the same results. Any help would be
appreciated.>>
--
Please let us know if this has helped,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP
 

LINKS
A. Specific newsgroup/discussion group mentioned in this message:
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.powerpoint
or via browser:
http://microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/?dg=microsoft.public.powerpoint

B. MS Office Community discussion/newsgroups via Web Browser
http://microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx
or
Microsoft hosted newsgroups via Outlook Express/newsreader
news://msnews.microsoft.com



Two problems with using outlook and Word

Posted: 27 Jul 2006 09:09 AM PDT

Is it on all replies, no matter the sender? Do new messages from you
display appropriately (not in plain text)? And it wasn't always this way?

In your Tools | Options in Outlook, in the Mail Format tab, do you have the
checkboxes for using Word as your e-mail editor checked? (I'm assuming
yes). What happens if you uncheck those and try a reply? Does that resolve
both matters (though not allowing you to use Word as your editor).

Is the error message that "a program is trying to access e-mail
addresses..."? or something else?

Do you happen to have Word 2000 installed, as well? Do you use Norton
AntiVirus?

You might also try re-generating the email.dot file that Word uses as the
default template:

1. Click Start, and then click Search.
2. Click All files and folders.
3. Type email.dot in the All or part of the file name box.
4. Click Search.
5. After the file is found, right-click Email.dot, and then click Rename.
6. Type old_email.dot, and then press ENTER.
7. Close the Search window.
8. Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl in the Open box, and then click
OK.
9. In the Currently installed programs list, click your version of Microsoft
Office XP, and then click Change.
10. On the Maintenance Mode Options screen, click Repair Office, and then
click Next.
11. On the Reinstall or Repair Office installation screen, click Detect and
Repair errors in my Office installation.
12. Click to select the Restore my Start Menu Shortcuts check box, and then
click Install.
13. Click OK when the installation has completed successfully.

Any luck there?
--
Susan Ramlet
MVP - Office

Please reply to the newsgroups where others may benefit.


"news.microsoft.com" <net> wrote in message
news:phx.gbl... 


office activation does not work what can I do?

Posted: 27 Jul 2006 07:07 AM PDT

Hi Susan

Tried this, same result - I'm wondering if having MS Office 2000 installed
at the same time is part of the problem. To my suprise, although Word 2003
doesn't work, a macro I recorded in Word 2000 turned up on the Word 2003
toolbar when I tried to activate it in this process. Odd!

Thanks for your help

Peter

"Susan Ramlet" wrote:
 

Problems with shortcuts in help files

Posted: 27 Jul 2006 05:45 AM PDT

Hi Bob,

If there is a risk of having some secutiry problem, I'm not replacing this
file.

tks for your help
Fábio

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:
 

How to put installation files back on PC?

Posted: 26 Jul 2006 05:59 AM PDT

The LIS tool worked great to fix version 2003 install. Very happy about
that. My users can update Office without the disk. Great.

I'll try the suggested fixes for 2000 tomorrow. If it wasn't for Front
Page 2000, I'd just remove the whole 2000 suite, but one user still
needs it. That's why I have to have it alongside 2003.

Thanks.



Susan Ramlet wrote: 

Office 2007 Beta cannot install on Windows Vista Beta 2 Build 5384

Posted: 25 Jul 2006 08:46 PM PDT

What a statement. No question, no nothing, just a list of stuff.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
reading.

After furious head scratching, Brian asked:

| What a reply!
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
| <org> wrote in message
| news:phx.gbl...
|| Bummer.
||
|| --
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
||
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
|| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
|| reading.
||
|| After furious head scratching, Cacique asked:
||
||| After an unsuccesful upgrade from Windows XP SP2 to Vista Beta 2, I
||| purchased a new 250GB SATA drive and did a new install. Installing
||| Windows Vista Beta was at first unsuccessful as it did not have RAID
||| controller drivers to detect my new HD. However, installing WINDOWS
||| XP and immediately upgrading to WINDOWS VISTA was succesful. Prior
||| to the installation, I read the release notes for VISTA which
||| advised that Office 2007 would not install unless I did a clean
||| install. I tried installing Office 2007 Beta and immediately got an
||| error message. I had office 2007 working fine on Windows XP and was
||| hoping since I'm now running Windows Vista Beta 2 Build 5384 in
||| perfect condition, that I could also continue to enjoy using the
||| new office system. Unfortunately it will not install.


OFFICE 2003 SETUP INSTALLATION DAMAGE

Posted: 25 Jul 2006 03:08 PM PDT

Maybe someone will help you if you turn your caps lock off.

"boah" wrote:
 

www.tools4windows.net - check it out!

Posted: 25 Jul 2006 01:20 PM PDT

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote: 


A bit like me then! :-)

How do I set up another computer with my Office license?

Posted: 25 Jul 2006 12:20 PM PDT

Thanks for your help. I cannot recall for sure...but I think I "activated"
the trial version of the program so that when I go to Help and then Activate
- it tells me that it has already been activated. When I initially looked at
the version, it seemed to me that it was the Standard version but then later
when I went into help, I noticed that later on in the same paragraph it
stated Student/Teacher version. If, in fact, that is what I did - shall I
wait until I get one of those reminders that indicates to me that my "trial
version" is just about over and then call. BTW, will it tell me the
telephone number that I need to call to activate my license on this new
computer? Sorry to be such a dolt.

Church Lady

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:
 

Excel default number format problem

Posted: 24 Jul 2006 08:08 AM PDT

You crosspost the same way as you address an email to multiple addresses
i.e.
Enter each newsgroup addresse separated by a semicolon

"Jason" <com> wrote in message
news:googlegroups.com... 
here 


Outlook in Image

Posted: 24 Jul 2006 05:55 AM PDT

You are doing a great job in explaining things. :)

Is the custom11.prf file being created on your test machine? (I believe it
will be created in the same location Office/Outlook gets installed into)


The other thing I would like you to check is to see if the registry value
ImportPRF being created. I believe it gets created under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\O utlook\Setup

While you are in this location, please check to see if there is a
First-Run/FirstRun value.


"Joanne Finger" <nhs.uk> wrote in message
news:OmYl$phx.gbl...