Pages

Search

Office 2004 needs regular Force Quitting Microsoft Office for Mac

Office 2004 needs regular Force Quitting Microsoft Office for Mac


Office 2004 needs regular Force Quitting

Posted: 21 Jul 2009 11:31 AM PDT

What you describe can usually be rectified by (a) updating Office, (b)
restarting your Mac & (c) repairing disk permissions.

Also, even if fully updated, the issue can arise if you leave the Mac
running 24/7 and/or leave programs launched for days at a time.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac



On 7/21/09 2:31 PM, in article caR9absDaxw,
"com" <com> wrote:
 

product key validation problem after sp2 update

Posted: 21 Jul 2009 02:33 AM PDT

Just to keep you in the loop, i spoke to support at Microsoft and basically there is no way of my short circuiting the system without my serial key. So until i get home to england, there is no way for me to access my programs and the suite it technically locked. I am going to have to go and buy another version of office 08 and see if that serial number will activate the software i have installed.

expensive update. thanks MS.

Document Connection: Can't connect to Sharepoint (option grayed out)

Posted: 21 Jul 2009 12:43 AM PDT

Exactly the same greyed out thing here. I also have the student/teacher edition. It would be an absurd restriction if this is the problem as Microsoft are trying to push schools into using their software for learning platforms.

12.2.0 backward compatibility

Posted: 20 Jul 2009 04:48 PM PDT

Hi,

Can you send me a sample file with the issue you describe above? You can email it directly to me at com.

Thanks,

Marcos Montenegro
Macintosh Business Unit
Microsoft Corp.

This posting is provided *AS IS* with no warranties, and confers no rights.

12.2.0 will not install

Posted: 20 Jul 2009 03:33 PM PDT

I don't claim to be *any* kind of "guru" & I don't work for MS.

Just because my reply offered no immediate *solution* doesn't mean it wasn't
helpful. If you open your eyes you'll understand that my reply to the OP
actually *was* helpful because I didn't just spout of a line of pap hoping
it "might" be the proper suggestion. In order to be "helpful" advice needs
to be based on information woefully lacking in the OP's message. Otherwise
it's liable to cause more harm than good... Or perhaps you're the type who
prefers to just to phone the doctor to say "I don't feel good" & have
him/her simply phone in a prescription for whatever the drug of the day
happens to be. I don't work that way.

Good Luck |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac



On 7/20/09 10:18 PM, in article caR9absDaxw,
"com" <com> wrote:
 

Document Connection- Cannot connect to sharepoint site

Posted: 20 Jul 2009 03:31 PM PDT

I am having the same problem of not being able to connect to my sharepoint server through Document Connection. For the address, user name, and passworld, I typed into Document Connection exactly what I do when I access my sharepoint server through web access. Yet, I am prompted with Connection Failed in Document Connection when I can log in through web access just fine. Any suggestions?

[ANN] Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Service Pack 2 (12.2.0) availablefor download

Posted: 20 Jul 2009 01:39 PM PDT

In article <C68A526F.1FC6E%com>,
Diane Ross <com> wrote:
 

Thanks......just wanted to check before trashing the old updates. I
don't have a 12.1.0 update. The last time I had to re-install my disk
put on 12.0.0 and the first time I tried to launch it. the updater jumped
in and moved it to 12.1.0. Hopefully, I will not have to do it again.

The new 12.2.0 has been working great

Thank

Office service pack 2

Posted: 20 Jul 2009 12:36 PM PDT

I placed office 2008 in the trash and reinstalled from the disc downloaded sp1 then 2 and all is working.

I previously had a legal copy of office and SP1 and other update no idea why the install of SP2 is failing

lee

Problem connecting to Sharepoint site

Posted: 20 Jul 2009 10:57 AM PDT

Also, my Sharepoint address is an alias on a network (in my case it's just "http://sharepoint <http://sharepoint>").

I've tried linking to the IP also, but still not working.

Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Service Pack 2

Posted: 20 Jul 2009 09:47 AM PDT

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4590

Monday, 20th July 2009, 11:07 am*
*
Microsoft Corp.¹s Macintosh Business Unit (MacBU) released Microsoft
Office 2008 for Mac Service Pack 2 (SP2) today ‹ a midcycle free update
that is designed to improve the Office 2008 experience where it matters
most to customers: speed, stability and compatibility. SP2 delivers
highly requested features throughout the suite as well as a new tool,
Document Connection for Mac, that helps improve access and browsing to
documents on SharePoint Products and Technologies and Microsoft Office
Live Workspace. These new improvements and features are part of
Microsoft¹s long-standing investment in delivering excellent
cross-platform collaboration and compatibility for Mac users, and the
commitment has paid off. According to a recent study, customers indicate
that the ability to share files while ensuring document fidelity between
colleagues and friends on Macs and PCs is a top advantage of Office for
Mac.1 This customer confidence in Microsoft Office compatibility is the
biggest reason why nine out of 10 Office for Mac users would recommend
the software to others

Replacement Office 2008 Media

Posted: 20 Jul 2009 07:31 AM PDT

I'm not sure where you actually searched, but the info is available on the
MS web site:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/326246

--
HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
Office:Mac MVP

<com> wrote in message
news:caR9absDaxw... 

Cannoy install update

Posted: 19 Jul 2009 12:51 PM PDT

> com wrote:
Bill, This worked perfectly- Thank you! 

cannot get product ID because disk is bad...now what?

Posted: 16 Jul 2009 08:27 PM PDT

On 7/17/09 4:24 AM, in article C685D7A7.4F546%cast.net,
"Bob Jones" <cast.net> wrote:
 

Feel free to post which vendor so others will know to avoid them as well.

--
Diane

Opening Office 2003 files in Office 2008

Posted: 16 Jul 2009 05:19 PM PDT


Thank you for the quick reply. Very helpful!!

Install Office for Mac 2008 without Excel 2008

Posted: 16 Jul 2009 10:33 AM PDT

On 7/16/09 10:33 AM, in article caR9absDaxw,
"com" <com> wrote:
 

Adding to Bob's advice. If you select to do a custom install, updating in
the future could be problematic. The actual applications take up very little
room. Just because they are installed, doesn't mean you have to use them.

Excel is 54.9 MB

--
Diane

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.5.0 Update

Posted: 11 Jul 2009 04:09 PM PDT

If that doesn't work, I finally fixed my problem simply by restarting my computer. It's worked fine ever since.