Pages

Search

Office 2003 Standard to Office 2003 Professional .. - Microsoft Office forums

Office 2003 Standard to Office 2003 Professional .. - Microsoft Office forums


Office 2003 Standard to Office 2003 Professional ..

Posted: 04 Jan 2006 08:03 AM PST

Bob Buckland ?:-) typed:
 

Hi Bob, Thanks for the reply. Following your post, I backed up my .pst files
just to be on the safe side, uninstalled the Standard Version, rebooted,
installed the Professional edition and everything works fine (Outlook kept
all the old data, so didn't have to do a thing). Just downloaded the service
packs and other updated again too.

Thank again! :)

--
Nige

Admin install of Office XP now I want to add Frontpage

Posted: 04 Jan 2006 05:50 AM PST

Yep, that did it! My situation was a little unique since I am using
Zenworks 6.5 and my users are only members of the users group. I
needed to get the maintwiz.exe to run as a admin user or else it would
fail so here is what I did to get it to complete successfully.
1. Used the Custom Maintenance Wizard to create the CMW file on the
server.
2. Created an application object that did the following.
Run Options/Application - In Path to File- %my path to
maintwiz.exe%
- In Parameters- -c "%path to
..cmw file%" /qb-
Run Options/Environment - Run and Secure System User
I have no progress information but I did add a post launch script to
logoff the user so at least I know it is done.
Run Options/Launch Scripts - Run After Termination -
#c:\windows\system32\shutdown -L

Thanks for your help
Duncan

Office 2003 Error 0xc0150002

Posted: 03 Jan 2006 02:09 PM PST

That is my exact situation, except I use Windows XP Home edition.

How do I delete unnecessary Office 2000 disc 2 files?

Posted: 02 Jan 2006 10:21 AM PST


See if these two articles help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/239938/EN-US/

hth


ECW125 wrote:
 

need ms office

Posted: 02 Jan 2006 05:01 AM PST

If you don't have the CDs, you're out of luck.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]



"coolbeerche" <com> wrote in message
news:com... 


Office Professional 2003 (Re)installation Problems

Posted: 02 Jan 2006 01:44 AM PST

Hi Lar,

If the Local Installation Source (LIS) for Office 2003 that is stored under \MSOCache folder, then you may want to use the LISTool
utility to disable then rebuild the Cache.

The link to the tool is under Question 8 (Q8) in this article
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830168/en-us?FR=1

========
<<"Lar" <microsoft.com> wrote in message news:com...
I bumbled my way through this part of the problem, after finding references
to LocalInstallation Service and Windows Installation Cleanup Utility. A
missing MSOcache is preventing installation. If I don't find a solution
myself, I'll start a new post.
--
Lar >>
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/administrativetipsandtricks.mspx



Sending and Receiving faxes downloads

Posted: 01 Jan 2006 03:55 PM PST

Depending on your OS, Windows 2000 and XP include fax services.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
reading.

After furious head scratching, Jody asked:

| When my microsoft program was installed they did not install sending
| and receiving fax services. I don't have the disk to install this
| now. What can I do to get this service.


Unable to Fix O XP Pro

Posted: 01 Jan 2006 01:01 PM PST

Thanks for your comments. I too, had not understood the fact that running
the msicuu2.exe file was just the installation of the clean up utility.
After actually running the utility and deleting the installer for Office XP
Pro, I was able to reinstall successfully.

Joe

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:
 

Office 2003 Student Teacher - reload

Posted: 31 Dec 2005 11:45 PM PST


For Students and Teachers versions of Office 2003, you can install it on only 3
computers for use in the household. Once you have used up all three licenses,
you can't install it on any further systems. Also, transferring on another
system is strictly not allowed.

Hope this clarifies your position.



Steven J. wrote:
 

How can I obtain a copy of my product key code if Ilost it?

Posted: 31 Dec 2005 03:00 PM PST


NO

What link are you talking about and in what connection?

Why have you deleted previous message which we can't now follow through
your query?

You should always create a new message/thread if the problem is not
related to any other already dealt with.

This link would prove very useful for you (and it works!):

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

hth


"com" wrote:
 

Switching HTM editor in I.E.

Posted: 31 Dec 2005 10:37 AM PST

Everything now OK after a custom reinstall of Office/Frontpage.

What actually happened was very peculiar. When I originally
wiped and reinstalled msOffice 2000, I had inadvertently installed
a slightly different Office 2000 bundle -- which didn't include
Frontpage. Even tho the Frontpage directory remained intact,
some of the requisite dll's never got installed.

Even tho I was able to download and replace the missing dll's,
I still was unable to successfully open Frontpage.

Thanks for helping out.

digger

Problems with uninstalling Office 2003 and installing Office XP

Posted: 30 Dec 2005 03:50 PM PST

Assuming you have used Add/Remove dialogue to uninstall o2003
Locate the OL data folder, by default;
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook.
and delete the data files, or if you actually used OL2003 save them to
another backup location.
OL2003 uses a different pst file format to OLxp, and OLxp cannot use this
format
You will have to set up OLxp again.

"KingB" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com... 
Office 
folders. 
on 
is 

problem 


Office 2003 preinstalled. I have no product key for the SetUp and.

Posted: 30 Dec 2005 01:27 PM PST

Office Basic is an OEM only installation so your product key should be with
your computer information, perhaps on the case.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
reading.

After furious head scratching, DL asked:

| Are you sure it is not a trial version?
|
| "roroki" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
| news:com...
|| I received my computer with MS Office Basic Edition 2003
|| preinstalled. There is no Product Key or CD available for the Setup
|| of the program. Is there a way to get around the setup or obtain
|| the product key?