Pages

Search

YI561403.CAB not found while installing - Microsoft Office forums

YI561403.CAB not found while installing - Microsoft Office forums


YI561403.CAB not found while installing

Posted: 27 Sep 2004 04:04 PM PDT

The MS Office 2003 Basic Edition is an OEM package
(i.e. sold with new computers). That cab file should
be available on your Office CD.

======
<<<microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03c701c4a4e7$c54ff9d0$gbl...
I'm sorry... I'm trying to install Office 2003 Basic
Edition on my XP Professional system. Is this the problem? >>
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx


Installing SR3 for Office 2000 with SR1 installed

Posted: 27 Sep 2004 10:11 AM PDT

This may sound crazy, but I would recommend that you
try going to the Microsoft Windows Update site at:
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp.

Update your Microsoft Windows here, and when that is finished
click on the words on the page heading that say "Office Update".
This will take you to the site to update all of your Office products.
Both of these sites will search your computer to determine what
updates you need for your computer. It takes all the guess work
out of it. I suggest you use them on a regular basis.

At the Office Update site, I suggest that you do them in sequence:
I.e. do not install SP3 without first installing SP2. You WILL have
to make several trips at each of these sites as there are some
of the updates that must be installed by themselves.



"Jack_bman" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com... 
However, 
downloaded 
install 
only 


Patch Package error on reinstall

Posted: 27 Sep 2004 07:28 AM PDT

My guess would be that you didn't clean enough stuff out with the
installer utility, so the installer program is still looking for the
same patch as earlier or maybe it's looking for a different patch now.

joel wrote:
 

My first computer died and I am trying to reinstall my XP Office .

Posted: 26 Sep 2004 04:41 PM PDT

No you don't have to uninstall it first because the machine has gone kaput so you can't do anything with it. I have intsalled the same copy of my XP Office Professional on many machines and I have lost count of them now!.

Also, you can install OEM on any machine you want provided it is not linked to the bios of the PC. Dell and most OEM software isn't and so multiple installation is quite possible.

Rules are made by Bill Gates to be broken. So break them to avoid disppointing him!!.


garfield-n-odie wrote:
 

--
I use non Microsoft products wherever possible which requires no activation.

I use Netscape 7.2 as my default browser which has everything I need for my work.

I believe in good Financial Management!! I do not believe in enriching rich jerks!



My Office XP Cd is BROKEN!!!

Posted: 25 Sep 2004 09:26 PM PDT

"Barry" <com> wrote in
news:phx.gbl:
 

How about a million dollars? Just email it to me, you can send it as
an attachment or... why not just give us your credit card number and we
can all take what we think is fair.

NOTE! I don't think anyone's that foolish, but I'm KIDDING! PLEASE DO
NOT POST YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER HERE!

Is it possible to install Office 97 onto Windows XP

Posted: 25 Sep 2004 08:46 PM PDT

"Ken" <microsoft.com> wrote in
news:2dbf01c4a37b$7364d770$gbl:
 

Yes. You should install Office 97 and ALL the updates from the MS
website before installing Service Pack 2 or you could run into
problems. You can google prior posts here and in the Windows XP group
for details.

Accelerator for Proposals, Spanish installation error

Posted: 25 Sep 2004 07:21 PM PDT

Hi Marcos,

MS Office Business Accelerators are supported in a different area.
You can access that area from the information on this page.
The discussion group was setup mainly for the scorecard accelerator
http://www.microsoft.com/office/solutions/accelerators/scorecards/faq.mspx

You may also want to post in the Sharepoint Portal Server discussion
groups on this error.


==== 
news:com...
Hi,

I downloaded Office Solution Accelerator for Proposals in spanish (because
our Sharepoint Services version is in Spanish). When I tried to install it, I
found an error 2368 in Windows Installer. I wanted to report the issue in the
main Support site of Microsoft, but I didn't find the product listed. <<
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx


Office 2000 Installation Disk Corrupted

Posted: 25 Sep 2004 01:44 PM PDT

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <org>
wrote in message news:phx.gbl...

snip! 
snip!


What kind of virus is the "(insert latest virus name here) virus"?


sp3 for Office XP

Posted: 25 Sep 2004 01:26 PM PDT

Hi,

What is the exact error/warning message you receive?

I suggest you try the steps in the following KB articles:

232143 Various Error Messages When MSI File Creates and Modifies Files and
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=232143

837826 "The expected version of the product was not found on your system"
error
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=837826

837827 "Setup cannot update the file... " error message when you install
Office
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=837827

330043 The "Microsoft Office XP Update Deployment" white paper is available
at
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=330043

I hope it is helpful.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Sarah Lu
Microsoft Online Partner Support
Get Secure! - <www.microsoft.com/security>
================================================== ==
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
================================================== ==
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

? - User License Question - ?

Posted: 25 Sep 2004 01:08 PM PDT

Thanks Milly!

--
howard


"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <org>
wrote in message news:phx.gbl... 

Do I uninstall Office 2000 before I install XP Office?

Posted: 25 Sep 2004 11:27 AM PDT

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<org> wrote in
news:phx.gbl:
 

There may be some settings in Office 2000 you'd like to keep,
installing 2003 on top of 2000 should retain them for you.

Office XP SBE Licence query

Posted: 24 Sep 2004 03:27 AM PDT

I don't know why you want to create Admin Install for the machines which already has XP Office preinstalled. I suggest the following:

1) Run the following utility on each machine to obtain the product keys for the machines and write these down on sticky labels and stick them at the back of the machines.

http://www.magicaljellybean.com/downloads/kf141.zip
http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/keyfinder.exe

2) Now logon on EBay and see who is selling Office XP CDs and buy just one copy for future reinstall in case of hard disk crash. People do have these problems quite a lot on these Newsgroups!! Also, make sure you have kept 3 copies of the CDs you buy so that installing Service Packs bcomes easy!!

Microsoft will NOT sell you any volume licenses for Office XP as they want to oush their latest software o generate more revenue for poor old Bill Gates. You could buy 20 VLKs for Office 2003, or wait until next year for Office 2005.

You already have 20 licenses, OEM though, but who cares unless you want to create more work (i.e. make yourself look busy – mind you I used to work for an American Corporation in London – Tyco remember? where I found that Americans like keeping themselves busy pen pushing!) for you to reinstall Windows XP and Office XP on each machine.

There is nothing illegal in what I have said because you have inherited the machines and therefore the licenses that came with them. When you say inherited do you mean you have just changed jobs and so you are now in charge of the IT systems?

Hope this helps.


DanF wrote:
 

--
I use non Microsoft products wherever possible which requires no activation.

I use Netscape 7.2 as my default browser which has everything I need for my work.

I believe in good Financial Management!! I do not believe in enriching rich jerks!



Can't setup Office XP 2002

Posted: 23 Sep 2004 11:53 AM PDT

Gene wrote: 


You cannot figure what is wrong?! You cannot figure what is wrong?! You
cannot comprehend an error written in plain and simple English?! Makes me
wonder how in Hades name you managed to post!

You have an upgrade. If you no longer possess the product you used to
qualify for the upgrade, or it came preinstalled on another system, then you
may not use the upgrade. You cannot use any other product, other than the
one used originally, as the licence is now 'assimilated' into the upgrade
and the two are inseperable. If you no longer have it, you will need to
purchase Office 2003.

--
My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually
lose his marbles?



Office 2003, Compressed CD Image, MST files, no Local Install. Sou

Posted: 23 Sep 2004 08:19 AM PDT

Hi GMan

Many thanks for that info - it's given me a good place to start.

It looks like the setup doesn't like creating the Local Installation Source
unless I put in the full path for everything. I've copied a part of the log
I've got below.

I've got a few days off work now, which should give me a bit of time to
ponder :¬)

Once again, many thanks for your help.

Adrian


*************************************
Found NTFS drive.
Local Cache Drive: C:\.
Found enough space on drive "C:\" to cache all feature cabinets.
(CDCACHE=AUTO) - There is enough space to cache some or all of the image.
Drive for this download is C:\
Adding temporary sources
Added temporary source: temp-setup200904a.MST (\MST\)
Failed to download file: setup200904a.MST.
Error 0x8007000f
Failed to download file.
Retrying error for resource: setup200904a.MST
Download retry 0 failed: 0x8007000f
Download retry 1 failed: 0x8007000f
Download retry 2 failed: 0x8007000f
Error 0x8007000f
failed to wait for file
Cleaning up temporary sources
Deleted temporary source: temp-setup200904a.MST (\MST\)
Couldn't perform local caching.
***************************************
"GMan Slater" wrote:
 

proret.msi

Posted: 23 Sep 2004 04:17 AM PDT


Thanks, thayt's what I finally did do - at first I thought I could 'repair'
it

 
cant 
install 
no 


Change shortcuts to usual (Paste = Ctrl+V i/o Shift+Insert)

Posted: 22 Sep 2004 01:10 PM PDT

At installation my shortcut keys in MS Office are all weird. For example,
Paste is Shirt+Insert and not Ctrl+V. Same with Cut, Copy, etc. Does anyone
know how to get them back to what we are all used to without head-on
reprogramming each of the commands?

MSO 2000 Outlook

Posted: 22 Sep 2004 09:54 AM PDT

..pst

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to
the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal
account will be deleted without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Roland asked:

| Thanks for your post. I tried exporting and when selecting
| "Import/Export" my two export options are to export to a file and to
| the timex data link. I selected "export to a file" and options are
| many and none metion address book. Maybe you could guide me through
| this. Many thanks...


How do I get Setup to recognize a "missing" file upon installation

Posted: 22 Sep 2004 09:01 AM PDT

After trying different drives and exiting all other programs something caused
the file read and copy to work. I got a copy on my hard drive and completed
the installation. Don't know what made the difference - one of those
mysteries of life.
Office SP1 update executed without problem.
BrianD


"BrianD" wrote:
 

Microsoft Office XP registration via telephone

Posted: 21 Sep 2004 07:59 AM PDT

For information about replacement manuals, disks, drivers and service packs,
product orders, policies related to copying software on additional computers,
licensing, and product registration, Microsoft Customer Service is available
Monday through Friday, from 6:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. Pacific time. To contact
Microsoft Customer Service, call (800) 426-9400.

To register your product and to find information about product registration
issues, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

https://register.microsoft.com/regsys/regsys.asp?sl=10&wizid=6225

"Danni R." wrote: