Pages

Search

Switching computers - Microsoft Office forums

Switching computers - Microsoft Office forums


Switching computers

Posted: 24 Oct 2004 05:14 PM PDT

If Office XP is retail version, you can install or renstall on as many machines as you wish provided not all of them are used simultaneously. There is no need to uninstall from the old machine!. Activation is normally automatic if you are reinstalling after 120 days of the first installation via internet. Otherwise, you will need to activate by phone. I suggest read this article first:

http://www.microscum.com/mmpafaq/

Hope this proves useful.


T Martin wrote:
 

--
I use non Microsoft products wherever possible which requires no activation.

I use Netscape 7.2 as my default browser which has everything I need for my work.

I believe in good Financial Management!! I do not believe in enriching rich jerks!



I don't have the MS OFFICE 2000 code to install the program

Posted: 23 Oct 2004 09:57 PM PDT

As in another response to How do I reinstall Office 2000, below, you could
try and call MS, here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823570


kip



microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com... 


Network Resource

Posted: 23 Oct 2004 10:37 AM PDT

If you have your Office CD in the CD drive and point the installer to it
when it asks, does it help?

What is the original problem that you are trying to fix in Outlook? Perhaps
all of this is unnecessary?


--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to
the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal
account will be deleted without reading.

After furious head scratching, JohnnyM asked:

| Milly: Thanks for the reply. I installed it on a single PC (No network
| involved).
|
| JohnnyM
|
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
|
|| How was Office first installed?
||
|| --
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
||
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to
|| the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my
|| personal account will be deleted without reading.
||
|| After furious head scratching, JohnnyM asked:
||
||| I have been having problems with Windows Installer window appearing
||| every time I go into OUtlook. I want to reinstall Office Pro 2003.
||| When I run the intallation disk I get the following message "The
||| feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is
||| unavailable". It then ask for me to find another location, which I
||| have no idea where to look. Any help will be appreciated.


I had someone help correct my computer & lost Microsoft Office. C.

Posted: 22 Oct 2004 10:37 PM PDT

YES. It looks like the links on the desktop have disappeared so do a search for the following:

1) Excel.exe
2) Frontpg.exe
3) MSAccess.exe
4) Outlook.exe
5) PowerPnt.exe
6) WinWord.exe

Just right-click on these and select create a shortcut on Desktop!! Or simply look for MSOFFICE.EXE and run it and it will create a shortcup toolbar in Office XP Professional. Office 2003 does not have this and so there is no point in buying this!

I find it difficult to comprehend Office can be deleted so easily. Uncle Bill does not like his progs to be dumped easily for substitutes such as WordPerfect Office!!

Did that "someone" format the hard drive? If sothen don't waste time searching for anything but get hold of original CDs and/or use restore CDs supplied by your PC vendor.

Hope this helps.


SLLynch wrote:
 

--
I use non Microsoft products wherever possible which requires no activation.

I use Netscape 7.2 as my default browser which has everything I need for my work.

I believe in good Financial Management!! I do not believe in enriching rich jerks!




i bought a office cd 2003 but i lost the product key and i want t.

Posted: 22 Oct 2004 07:13 PM PDT

You can get this from your existing computer by using the pirating tool supplied by Micky Mouse Stevens {M$ MVP - Lier) called ViewKey. Just do a search for ViewKey and ee what you get on the internet. Failure this, you need to contact Uncle Bill's Office in your country who can help you out. Failure this, you need to get pirated keys from here:

http://www.serialarchive.com

All this info is supplied by Micky Mouse Stevens on other newsgroups. He is the sole supplier of pirating tools for M$ products in the world.

Hope this helps.


vladimir wrote:
 

--
I use non Microsoft products wherever possible which requires no activation.

I use Netscape 7.2 as my default browser which has everything I need for my work.

I believe in good Financial Management!! I do not believe in enriching rich jerks!




How do I transfer all e-mail data to new computer?

Posted: 22 Oct 2004 08:55 AM PDT

I would make use of Uncle Bill's File & Settings Transfer Wizard and you access this as follows:

Start, All Programs, Accessories, Systems Tools, Files and Settings Transfer Wizard

This is fine if your old/current computer is already running XP. If not then you need to run this from the Windows XP CD (which you should get with your new PC) on your old PC and follow the instructions.

Then in the new machine, again use the same thing but this time select that "this is a new PC" or something similar to import the data.

If you don't get a CD with the new PC then you are wasting your money as a PC without the actual CDs {of all preloaded software} is useless!!!

I would always rely on Uncle Bill's programs as these must be working otherwise he can't make money!!

Hope this helps.
Micky {Mouse} Stevens [MS-MVP] is a lier and I wouldn't buy a second hand car from him!!


raevynn wrote:
 

--
I use non Microsoft products wherever possible which requires no activation.

I use Netscape 7.2 as my default browser which has everything I need for my work.

I believe in good Financial Management!! I do not believe in enriching rich jerks!




Before I set up 2003, lingering 2000 problem

Posted: 21 Oct 2004 11:35 AM PDT

Hi, Ariel. It's good that you read the instructions. I wouldn't try
the utility with Windows XP; it might work just fine, or it might mess
up your Office installation to the point where you have to uninstall and
reinstall. I think your approach of fixing old problems before
upgrading is a good one. But now that you've already upgraded twice and
are about to do it a third time, and as the annoyance doesn't seem to be
adversely affecting how Office is working, and since you don't want to
do a clean install, I'd say it's probably better to let sleeping dogs
lay.

Ariel wrote:
 

Office and Microsoft Express

Posted: 21 Oct 2004 09:53 AM PDT

Tootsie wrote: 

Please quote the post you are replying to - no-one knows what on earth you
are talking about.