Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - Why doesn't Microsoft Word allow me to change the background color?

Microsoft Word - Why doesn't Microsoft Word allow me to change the background color?


Why doesn't Microsoft Word allow me to change the background color?

Posted: 12 Dec 2012 06:59 AM PST

I am trying to change the background color while typing, however, just cannot find the suitable option.  I tried using the highlight tool and other tools within the toolbar, but Word just won't change the background color from gray, which it inherited from the previous paragraph.

Help with custom numbering for flashcards

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 07:17 PM PST

Hi all,
I need to number the pages of a word document I made to print out as flashcards (duplex). That means that two pages are really one page where numbering is concerned. Is there any way to make the numbering go 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, etc.? And is there a way to do that and not show every other page's number (like if I did different even and odd and just didn't have numbers on odd pages, but that even pages just counted 1, 2, 3, 4?)

I hope this isn't confusing, I can explain better if need be.

Thanks!

evrything I type in Word 2003 is underlined despite the fact that the underline icon is NOT highlighted?

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 02:30 PM PST

This is a computer used by a friend for years--I can't picture it not being a disturbance



*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Microsoft Office 10 Word or Excel Stops working and hangs -Happens Every time

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 10:30 AM PST

Microsoft Office 10 either Word or Excel after about 30 seconds gets a message indicating Microsoft Word has stopped working.
Sometimes it is when I am saving a file. This might have happened sometime after I installed SP1 update for MS Office 10, but I am not sure.

I have tried going into safe mode and I see no add ons..
I try going to Control panel to change repair and I get this message

cannot find office.en-us.dwdcw20.dll

and it asks me to find it ?  and I cannot.

Where is it so that MS Office can repair itself?

Thank you


jivesspell

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 08:50 AM PST

I can not download jivespell on my laptop

MS Word 2013 stops working with The Dragon Naturally Speaking version 12

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 01:57 AM PST

Have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windws 8 and have thereafter installed the Office 2013 trial version on my HP Pavilion dv7 laptop. The Dragon Naturally Speaking version 12 works with MS Outlook as well as MS Excel however whenever I attempt to open MS Word i get a response Microsoft Word has stopped working: A problem caused te program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. Please help me or inform me how long shall it take to provide the solution.

 

Apurva

Error! Not a valid embedded object. when I try to insert a .wmf file as clipart

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 01:40 AM PST

I am running Windows 7 with Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010.

 

I may have changed some settings when I was trying to find and delete a virus from my computer recently.

 

I get this error when I try to insert clipart from Microsoft Online:

Error! Not a valid embedded object.

I have emptied my temporary internet files and made sure the folder is moved to the correct location.

 

I have run a repair on my Office software...

 

I am having the same trouble in Publisher - however, I only get a blank box and an error message when inserting it.

 

HELP PLEASE!! 

Could it be my firewall? 

Word opens new pages with previous text

Posted: 10 Dec 2012 10:01 PM PST

when i open each new page in word 2010 i see one sentence that i wrote became default and didn't go even if i renew install the Office 2010,what am i should to do with this,that i will not see it in evry each new page of my word's page?
Please help me... 

Word template problem

Posted: 10 Dec 2012 01:34 PM PST

When I try to create a new document I get a template from a previous document instead of a blank sheet. Obviously I inadvertantly saved the previous document in the process. Is there any way I can delete this so it does not come up when I ask Works to create a new document?

Mutiple Line Dropdown Box

Posted: 10 Dec 2012 10:23 AM PST

I have a Word document 2010, that I want to build off of as the case progress. Is there a way to get a dropdown box/option that I can put multiple lines into?  What I want to do is combine 3 forms into one, but do not want everything to show right off the bat, I want to build off of the first form including the other 3 documents I have created.  Example: A kid is late for school so we do an attendance plan (Phase I form), he is late again; we now have (Phase II Plan) that has more information to fill out.  I don't want to have to use another form that has the basic things in it, as to not duplicate work and kill 10 more trees.  I want to use a dropdown option that I would like "Phase II" and it would have all that information comes on the form.  Just using one form to combine all the items. 

mail merge records

Posted: 06 Dec 2012 06:01 PM PST

I'm trying to Mail Merge Excel Records into a calendar template created in Word 2010. I'm trying to create a merge that allows me to control & select which record comes next. eg. Data from record #4, next date record#8, etc...
Also, is it possible to merge multiple spreadsheet pages into the same doc?

Thanks.

Section breaks and page numbering

Posted: 06 Dec 2012 04:00 PM PST

I have a large document (120 pages).  Wherever there is a section break inserted, the page numbering gets screwed up.  How do I fix this?

how to remove mark entry in word?

Posted: 06 Dec 2012 02:51 PM PST

how to remove mark entry in word 2010?

It says "click 2 run" What happened to my original word starter?

Posted: 06 Dec 2012 02:42 PM PST

I had word starter already on my laptop when i bought it, then i installed the student trial version, it expired and now i am not able to use my original starter again. It says "click 2 run" What happened to my original word starter