Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - I keep losing my Auto Text entries. How can I prevent that?

Microsoft Word - I keep losing my Auto Text entries. How can I prevent that?


I keep losing my Auto Text entries. How can I prevent that?

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 05:24 AM PST

I have a lot of Auto Text that I use regularly. Since I 'upgraded' to 2010, data that I enter into the Auto Text library in Quick Parts works fine during that session; but when I return for a subsequent session, all the data is lost except for the 3 I don't want that came with the softward. This is in Office Professional 2010. Help, Please!!!!

Problem printing labels

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 10:55 PM PST

I am creating a mailing list in mail merge, from an excel file, and everything is fine, I have selected the correct avery template, and measured the dimensions, but every time I print out the labels, the address does not stay in the same position on every page, so some addresses are being printed across 2 labels, what am I doing wrong ? the avery code that I'm using is L7165 2 x 4, 8 to a page

Win 7 Font/Language changes on the fly

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 03:34 PM PST

I'm trying to identity the cause of font/language changes on a specific system. I'm assuming that it is a configuration issue with the laptop.

It happens in Word 2010, Thunderbird, Chrome and IE.  As I am typing, the current ongoing text changes to a non-english font  I'm not sure which
font in Chinese or Korean that is being used.  The base language used on the Win 7 menu, and win 7 toolbars change to this new font.

Further use of the window is in the new font, the previous text retains the same font, language and formatting until it is selected, when it changes to the new font/language/format combination.

I have not noticed this issue on any of my other machines  (only on the laptop used by my parents.  :-)

  Is there a key-stroke combination or configuration option to enable a language bar change? If somehow the language bar selection is getting invoked somehow.

Word 2010 won't open a .doc mail attachment.

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 02:14 PM PST

Just says it has encountered an error in trying to open the file. However, it will open it successfully if I first copy the file to a flash drive, and open it from there. Weird. How do I fix this? Has happened to two separate attachments.

How do I list all Word Shortcuts

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 10:38 AM PST

I've asked this question and answered it to serve as a reference for other Word users visiting this forum.

With the Word user interface, you can print your custom key assignments or you can create a document that contains an "incomplete"  table of the current keyboard settings.

I've combined the two processes in a macro that creates a composite list of "ALL" keyboard shortcuts in one convenient document.  See: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tip_pages/list_all_keyboard_shortcuts.html

 

Unable to print from Word 2010: "No open notebooks"

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 08:21 AM PST

Original Title: "Problems with Word and One Note"

With this morning's Windows 7 and Office 2010 updates,  Word suddenly won't print (it was fine yesterday) and I instead get a message that there are no open notebooks. I've never used the One Note and notebook function (intentionally) and never had this problem in the past so assume it's a glitch in the updates they just released.  Anyway, how do I fix this, and fast? I need to print some documents!

How do I remove table from the words I typed in a table

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 08:16 AM PST

I inserted table and type in the column and rows of the table I inserted, but now I want the words I type out, I do not need the table to show, just the words. How do I copy my words I type out without the table I inserted showing. Please help me. My pc iss window 7 starter. I type in Micros ft Word.
from Sage 180 

Automatically switch fonts upon switching keyboards

Posted: 09 Nov 2012 05:10 PM PST

I use MS Word to type in a variety of languages that require different keyboards.  Is there a way to set MS Word so that the default font for an English keyboard is different than the default font for a Greek keyboard, so that when I switch keyboards, it automatically switches fonts?  I would like to do the same thing when switching to a Hebrew keyboard.

I know that Times New Roman (my default font for English) contains character sets for Greek and Hebrew, but I need to type Greek and Hebrew in industry specific fonts (I am a scholar, and scholarly journals can picky) produced by SBL (www.sbl-site.org)