Pages

Search

how to remove word 2000 - Microsoft Office forums

how to remove word 2000 - Microsoft Office forums


how to remove word 2000

Posted: 18 Apr 2004 07:38 AM PDT

Some versions of the Works Suite include Word, and are supplied preinstalled
by sys supplier.
If installed I would imagine it would be listed in add/remove dialoge as
'Works Suite'

"Dave" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0a3201c42577$8f56c1a0$gbl...
Milly
I forget to add to ask question. by the way how to
uninstall Works? where?
:-)
Thanks again
 
that included Word 
intact. Due to 
to my personal 
Dave asked: 


Office Prof 2003 Home Use Program Installation

Posted: 17 Apr 2004 09:34 PM PDT

Contact your support folks at work then to ask them about the Home Use
product ID key that you were given. You might even want to take in your
machine to show them what is happening. I am not all that familiar with the
offering from SA 6.0 so perhaps the admins at work can be of better
assistance.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to
the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal
account will be deleted without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Dan asked:

| Let me explain this a little clearer.
|
| I install Office PE 2003. Installation appears to work
| fine as there are no error messages. However, I find it
| odd that no icons are created on my desktop.
|
| When I want to start Word (or any other office program) I
| select START - All Programs - Microsoft Office - Word.
| Word starts loading. Then before I can do anything, I get
| a dialogue box asking fro my name, initials, company, and
| product key. If I key in the product key from my home use
| program cd, I get an error message stating "You have not
| entered a valid Product key." I have tried this on
| several occasions.
|
| This is a brand new pc with Windows XP Home edition. Do I
| need a product key for each individual program? I thought
| having one for Office would do.
|
| Thanks,
| Dan
|
|| -----Original Message-----
|| What is the rejection message? Is it saying the license is not a
|| valid one? If yes, then ensure that you are correctly typing in your
|| 8s and Bs as those are the most easily confused entries.
||
|| --
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
||
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to
|| the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my
|| personal account will be deleted without reading.
||
|| After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Dan asked:
||
||| I purchased the Home Use Program through my company and
||| attempted to install. No problems occurred during
||| installation, but when I attempt to start office or one
||| of its components, the program asks for product key. I
||| input the one off the Home Use program, but it is
||| rejected. How can I use the program now that it is loaded
||| on my pc? thanks
||
||
|| .


Cannot Install Office XP SP3

Posted: 17 Apr 2004 02:46 PM PDT

Office professional 2003 is NOT Office XP so you can install it. PERIOD.

HTH


"Dennis Steinauer" <net> wrote in message
news:<064c01c424c5$6b73e090$gbl>... 

Using a full version of SB2003, to upgrade SBEXP

Posted: 16 Apr 2004 04:45 PM PDT

Hi Bruce,

If you use a 'full packaged version' of any Office Edition you don't need a qualifying product on the PC or CD from a prior version.
It will install and can upgrade prior Editions. If you have the Office XP OEM Small Business Edition you can upgrade to Office 2003
Small Business Edition (retail) using the Office XP Small Business Edition as an installed, or on CD qualifying for upgrade program.

=====
<<"Brucefl" <com> wrote in message news:phx.gbl...
I want to use all the updated programs on SB2003, the only difference I see
from the xp version is that 2003 has powerpoint >>
--
I hope this helps you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*

U.S.: MS Sweepstakes & Office 2003 Contest/Trial Software
http://microsoftofficecontest.com

Office 2003 explained
http://microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.asp




unable to click hyperlink to open browser

Posted: 16 Apr 2004 03:41 PM PDT

Can you import the key from a working machine?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to
the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal
account will be deleted without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Abby Browne asked:

| Thank you very much for your advise. Yes, I have done this three times
| before and just now three more times to be sure. I am still unable to
| click hyperlink to open browser in Outlook, Words, and Excel 2002.
|
| Can you tell me how to reset this register?
| HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Classes\htmlfile\shell \open\command
|
| ======================================
| I performed this:
| 1.. Start Internet Explorer.
| 2.. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
| 3.. Click the Programs tab, and then click the Reset Web Settings
| button.
| 4.. Under Internet programs, verify that the correct e-mail program
| is selected.
| 5.. Click to select the Internet Explorer should check to see
| whether it is the default browser check box.
| 6.. Click Apply, and then click OK.
| NOTE: You may receive the following message when Internet Explorer
| starts: Internet Explorer is not currently your default browser.
| Would you like to make it your default browser?
| If you receive the message, click Yes.
| ===========================================
|
| When I use Internet Explorer 6, Outlook Express 6, FrontPage 2002,
| WordPerfect 9, I am able to click hyperlink to open browser.
| I am using Microsoft Windows XP Professional. Thank you
|
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
| <org> wrote in message
| news:phx.gbl...
|| OL2002: Error Message: This Operation Has Been Cancelled Due to
|| Restrictions in Effect on this Computer...
||
|
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310049&Product=ol200
| 2
||
|| --?
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
||
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to
|| the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my
|| personal account will be deleted without reading.
||
|| After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Abby Browne
|| asked:


Office 2003 Personal Folders file(.pst)

Posted: 15 Apr 2004 05:09 PM PDT

Thats true Milly. I should double check our help :)

Office Saving Problems...

Posted: 15 Apr 2004 10:06 AM PDT

Forgot to check the obvious. Had some bad drive mappings. Disconnect bad
maps and worked ok...opps!
"Olen Chiddix" <com> wrote in message
news:com... 
Pro - but it hasn't helped. 
2 minutes -- but it seems like an eternity. 


The Pach Package could not be opened

Posted: 15 Apr 2004 09:35 AM PDT

Thaks alot, That did the trick 

olemsg.dll was unable to register itself in the system registry

Posted: 15 Apr 2004 07:46 AM PDT

Hi Susan,

Thank you for your reply. Some troubleshooting methods (such as
"Check the Win.ini" and "Use the Standard VGA Video Driver") in the
Knowledge Base article Q179783 also apply to Windows XP. You may try them.

If the issue still persists, I suspect that some remaining information of
the installation of Office 97 in your previous Windows system may prevent
it from being installed properly in Windows XP. After performing further
research, I suggest you use a tool named Eraser 97 to completely remove the
remaining Office files and registry keys. For more information about how to
use and where to download this tool, please refer to the following
Knowledge Base
articles:



OFF97: Utility to Completely Remove Remaining Office 97 Files and Registry
Entries (Q176823)

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q176823



After completely removing remaining Office 97 files and registry keys,
please try to install Office 97 again.

Please let me know...

Thank you,
Raghu...
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Leftovers from Adobe Acrobat in Office cause error

Posted: 14 Apr 2004 10:09 PM PDT

Thanks!!!
Thomas
"Anders S" <com> wrote in message
news:%23$phx.gbl...
Take a look at this:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410

HTH
Anders Silven

"Thomas Lindberg" <com> skrev i meddelandet
news:2Oofc.89728$telia.net... 
hidden 
any