Pages

Search

Unable to get Asian IME to show asian characters... - Microsoft Office forums

Unable to get Asian IME to show asian characters... - Microsoft Office forums


Unable to get Asian IME to show asian characters...

Posted: 04 Apr 2004 01:54 AM PST

FINALLY, I got it to work! It looked like I had to add more keyboard
layout/IME options for "Add Input Language" screen. I guess the defaults
additions were not enough because I didn't see all those fancy features
in Language Bar for Chinese language. I don't remember having to add a
lot of options for Windows 2000 with Office 2000.

How come there is no writing option like English with its drawing pad
option? It is greyed out.


On 4/4/2004 2:00 PM PT, CS wrote:
 
--
"I go out of my way to avoid stepping on ants." --Terry McGovern,
daughter of Senator George and Eleanor McGovern, subject of the book
"Terry by her father"
/\___/\
/ /\ /\ \ Phillip Pi (Ant); The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx
| |o o| | E-mail: netANT or com
\ _ / Remove ANT if replying by e-mail from a newsgroup.
( )

Frontpage2000 & office2003 ??

Posted: 03 Apr 2004 12:22 PM PST

DL wrote: 

Thanks........I wasn't sure if it would cause any problems by doing that.


Upgrading Off2K to Off2K3 sometimes requires Off2K CD's

Posted: 02 Apr 2004 05:41 PM PST

We're using the Enterprise Pro version of Off2003, so, Publisher IS in
there, but, FrontPage isn't ,but, I am using a link to install it, as well
as OneNote at the same time as the main suite.

Maybe that's it, though, although ALL our machines have FrontPage, so, I'd
think it'd happen all the time...

Thanks!
"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <org>
wrote in message news:phx.gbl... 
in 
asked: 


I installed SP3, I have an activated product, but I can't find my install CDs

Posted: 02 Apr 2004 01:14 PM PST

But, this is why I activated it! Doesn't that guarantee uniqueness,
and that I've paid full price? Don't they want me to install their
frequent security patches? Why make it hard?
Pah!
ion

customizing office 2003 Pro... removing update ability

Posted: 02 Apr 2004 12:37 PM PST

Thanks for the reply....I've looked through policy
settings are can't seem to lock down where I'd make this
modification.....if you have any pointeres, that would be
great. Thanks

 
Office. Likewise  
policies as well. 
intact. Due to 
to my personal 
sam asked: 
i'm 
help..thanks  

Office XP License Transfer

Posted: 02 Apr 2004 10:21 AM PST

Do NOT post attachments to this group. If this is an actual Microsoft
Patch, then post the URL so folks can read about what it does and decide if
they want to install it.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to
the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal
account will be deleted without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, C Gregory asked:

| Just apply this official MS patch.
|
|
|
| Bob Woolston wrote:
|
|| I would like to know how to transfer my Office XP from my
|| old compter (Win2K SP4) to my new computer (Win XP Pro SP1).
|| Thank You


Office 2003 GPO worksheet

Posted: 02 Apr 2004 08:12 AM PST

Yes

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <org>
wrote in message news:phx.gbl... 


MS Office 2003

Posted: 02 Apr 2004 05:37 AM PST

Thanks Milly Staples that makes sense to me so I will
leave it alone
Have a good one 
included with Office  
did not remove  
intact. Due to 
to my personal 
Ralph asked: 
mgs  

registration / activation

Posted: 01 Apr 2004 10:49 PM PST

Ah, the piracy accident :) ! Sort of an accident on purpose....


"C Gregory" <com> wrote in message
news:com... 


Normal File

Posted: 01 Apr 2004 06:13 PM PST

Thank you. It solved my problem
"Ian Baird" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:phx.gbl... 
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/b69c799adfa31ecc85256aa30052f4d 
3fa476a20285256ad3007d8cf1?OpenDocument&prod=&ver= &src=sg&pcode=&svy=&csm=no 
cpmsftngxa06.phx.gbl!cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTN GXA05.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08 
phx.gbl!newsfeed00.sul.t-online.de!t-online.de!newsfeed.wirehub.nl!news2.eu 
ro.net!62.253.162.219.MISMATCH!newsrout1.ntli.net! news.ntli.net!sn-xit-02!sn 

the 


Office 2003 issue

Posted: 01 Apr 2004 12:22 PM PST

The side-by-side scenario with the Assistant is fairly buggy (we're looking
into it).

You might find that turning off the Office Assistant in both XP and 2003
reduces the incidence of problems.

Sorry for the trouble.

Eric Lawrence
Program Manager
Assistance and Worldwide Services

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.


"Alys" <com> wrote in message
news:google.com... 


Office XP vs Office 2003

Posted: 31 Mar 2004 04:33 PM PST

Windows 2000 is no longer shipped either. Once Microsoft comes out with a
new version of a product, they stop production on previous versions.
Windows XP is still shipping in the Home and Professional versions and
Windows 2003 server is also shipping.

Companies that purchase new equipment but have standardized on older
versions perform what is called a downgrade of the license to allow them to
run Windows 2000 and Office 2000/XP. Very few companies downgrade to Office
97 as it is now unsupported by Microsoft.


--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to
the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal
account will be deleted without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, dt asked:

| Milly, I appreciate this may be not the correct group for this one but
| similarly what is Microsofts stance on the continued production of
| Windows 2000 & Windows XP clients?
|
| Dave
|
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
| <org> wrote in message
| news:eqeAd$phx.gbl...
|| They no longer produce Office XP. They only produce Office 2003.
|| Any availability of Office XP is due to warehoused stock. Microsoft
|| does not ship Office XP since last year when Office 2003 was
|| released.