Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - i change my MS world language to polish how i can change it to english again

Microsoft Word - i change my MS world language to polish how i can change it to english again


i change my MS world language to polish how i can change it to english again

Posted: 16 Mar 2015 02:23 PM PDT

i change my MS world language to polish language ,how i can change it to english again, while i can not understand polish language , any one can help me plz

I want English to be the display language in my office 2013

Posted: 16 Mar 2015 01:28 PM PDT

I want English to be the display language in my office 2013. When i download the English interface pack a message appeared in the screen with this notice: ""The expected version of the product was not found on the system."

help me

Need to Know How to Stop Word Macro at EOF

Posted: 16 Mar 2015 12:54 PM PDT

I have a macro that searches for something, backs up, inserts a word, then moves forward. This needs to be repeated throughout the document but stop when the document reaches the end of the file. The search information is not being deleted, so without a way to stop the macro, an endless loop will occur. I think something is needed in front of "With Selection.Find" and after "Wend" so the whole thing is captured, but I'm not sure how the EOF function is used.

Here's the macro:

Sub InsertBasic()
'
' InsertBasic Macro
' Insert Basic before each basic flow table
'
  Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
  With Selection.Find
        .Text = "basic flow"
        .Replacement.Text = ""
        .Forward = True
        .Wrap = wdFindContinue
        .Format = False
        .MatchCase = False
        .MatchWholeWord = False
        .MatchWildcards = False
        .MatchSoundsLike = False
        .MatchAllWordForms = False
    End With
    While Selection.Find.Found
        Selection.Find.Execute
        Selection.HomeKey Unit:=wdLine
        Selection.MoveLeft Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=1
        Selection.TypeParagraph
        Selection.Font.Bold = wdToggle
        Selection.TypeText Text:="Basic"
        Selection.MoveDown Unit:=wdLine, Count:=3
    Wend

End Sub

Equation editor 3 is not showing minus signs in an equation

Posted: 16 Mar 2015 11:24 AM PDT

Hi,

When I type the equation shown below in equation editor 3, the negative sign before the two appears as a space instead of a negative sign. Any help would be appreciated. (I'm using Word 2013 and Windows 7 professional) I tried pasting my equation below, also, but it may not show.

delta_phi = e^-j2pif_c/f_sn

Thanks,

Jeff W.

Size and Position not an option for image pasted into a MS Word 2013 table

Posted: 16 Mar 2015 10:59 AM PDT

I have just started using MS Word 2013, and I noticed that I cannot right click on an image pasted into a table to resize it.

If I paste an image into the body of the document, outside of the table, I can right click and select "Size and Position" and adjust the scale easily.

If that same image is pasted into a TABLE cell, the "Size and Position" option does not exist.

How do you resize an image pasted into a table ???

This is RIDICULOUS.

to resize the image, the only way I have found to do it is to paste it into the document, guess at how much it needs to be resized, resize it there, then copy and past it into the table cell.

Word 2010 Macro Only Runs when Initially Created

Posted: 16 Mar 2015 08:42 AM PDT

I created a macro in Word 2010, by recording and then editing it in VB. But it only ran once. It's stored in the normal template and is visible when I view macros in any other document. But it won't run. Nothing happens when I view and then attempt to run it.

When I run it initially it works perfectly. Here's the code, in case that helps:

Sub RemoveRequirements()
'
' RemoveRequirements Macro
' Remove all requirements table titles and tables from a document.
'
    Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
    With Selection.Find
        .Text = "requirements"
        .Replacement.Text = ""
        .Forward = True
        .Wrap = wdFindContinue
        .Format = False
        .MatchCase = False
        .MatchWholeWord = False
        .MatchWildcards = False
        .MatchSoundsLike = False
        .MatchAllWordForms = False
    End With
    While Selection.Find.Found
        Selection.Find.Execute
        Selection.HomeKey Unit:=wdLine
        Selection.EndKey Unit:=wdLine, Extend:=wdExtend
        Selection.Cut
        Selection.MoveRight Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=1
        Selection.Tables(1).Select
        Selection.Cut
    Wend
End Sub

Templates and Add-ins dialog box wont open in Word 2013

Posted: 16 Mar 2015 08:29 AM PDT

Having a consistent problem with a Word 2013 template (that is stored on a OneDrive) and I've like to remove it or at least see what path its getting it from.  One problem with this is the Templates and Add-ins dialog box wont open at all.  Other ones will like add ins, but not the Templates.  I've seen this on two Windows 7 machines so far.  Any ideas or 3rd party tools I can try ?  This is costing me serious time.

Thanks in advance!

How can I stabilize my desktop

Posted: 16 Mar 2015 08:13 AM PDT

I had a variety of shortcuts on my desktop that would take me straight to the program or a file that I was working on. I lost the mall yesterday and I'm trying to set them back up and I'm trying to do it in an orderly fashion. I feel that some of them are still there, but I do not know how to make them show I go to view by name and nothing comes up that just can't be. Have I lost my entire desktop set up? If so, how do I stabilize it, so that I don't lose it again? This is very disheartening. Any help will be appreciated. I feel like a babe in the woods and it's not a good feeling . None of these categories fit my exact problem. I chose Microsoft Word, but I am not a programmer. I am simply a user

Word 2010 & 2013 CSI.dll Crash on Save Button Click

Posted: 16 Mar 2015 07:34 AM PDT

Our company has been experiencing issues with Word 2010 & 2013 crashing lately when the user has a file checked out of SharePoint and [ironically] goes to click on the Save button in Word to save and close their document- Word will lock up and present the "Sorry this program needs to close" error. 

Looking at the event logs I see that the CSI.dll module is faulting (the Microsoft Office Document Cache app) which is responsible for uploading files between SharePoint and the local machine.

This issue randomly occurs and thus far is not possible to replicate on demand but enough of my 100 users are seeing it that I see a help desk ticket on an almost daily basis across both office 2010 and 2013- our line of business involves nearly 100% work in Word.

Since I do not have many options in terms of support I decided to give posting to this forum a shot. I haven't found much online dealing with Word and the CSL.dll module (there are lots of OneDrive posts though).  

Have you experienced this issue? The issue began back in October of last year with the batch of Office 2010 SP2 updates- rolling back at this point is not possible.

Here is my environment:

Office 2010 and 2013 32-bit

Windows 7 Pro x64

Internet Explorer 10 (Can't upgrade past this yet)

All newest Windows Updates installed

SharePoint Online (Office 365)

And a copy of the event log error:

Faulting application name: WINWORD.EXE, version: 15.0.4691.1000, time stamp: 0x54ab960b

Faulting module name: csi.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x54bf6ace

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x002a0baa

Faulting process id: 0x11e4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d05a6f98e5c279

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\Root\Office15\WINWORD.EXE

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Office15\csi.dll

Report Id: d311482c-c671-11e4-8fa1-7c7a91bf0459

 

Faulting application name: WINWORD.EXE, version: 14.0.7145.5001, time stamp: 0x54e3da8e

Faulting module name: Csi.dll, version: 14.0.7137.5000, time stamp: 0x543f2886

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0004c3db

Faulting process id: 0x1e70

Faulting application start time: 0x01d05d9ece51971c

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\WINWORD.EXE

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14\Csi.dll

Report Id: a2a5e3b5-c995-11e4-9cff-28d24479abf9

 

How do I change the file name of a document on Word for iPad?

Posted: 16 Mar 2015 07:31 AM PDT

How do I change the file name of a document in Word for iPad?

Word 2013 opens window for document but no file

Posted: 16 Mar 2015 05:52 AM PDT

Frequently when I try to open a document in Microsoft Word 2013 a blank gray window will appear when I hover my mouse over the Word icon, but no file opens. I have to close the window and try again. Sometimes the problem occurs multiple times. I have tried the quick repair and the online repair twice, but the problem persists. Frustrating!

Gujurati document translated into English

Posted: 16 Mar 2015 12:14 AM PDT

Hi,

I need a word document translated from Gujurati to English.  Gujurati is not on the list of option.  How do I either change the font somehow to change it to English, or how do I add language in Translate option?

Saving changes to Normal.dotm when already in use

Posted: 15 Mar 2015 11:03 PM PDT

I have created a macro that add's "building blocks" quick parts to the Normal.dotm via a document that my team use quite frequently when writing up reports etc. 

But I have run into the issue of actually saving these changes to the Normal.dotm template as my team is always using Word the Normal.dotm is always open and in use.

Is there any way I can save these changes without having to manually kick everyone off word to save them?

Or a way to kick everyone off and save it automatically? 

as currently I have to go to every office that uses this normal.dotm and ask them to close word so i can apply the changes.

Here's a screen dump of the macro's code:

Need assistance to edit a specific document in MS WORD

Posted: 15 Mar 2015 09:47 PM PDT

I have a particular word document which could not be printed by custom pages selection. That document have 9 pages but when i choose pages 1-4 or anything, it prints the entire document. Because in the navigation pane, i shows the total pages in the sequence as 1,2,1,1,2,3,4,5,6,7  its was not in correct sequence. And i tried removing page numbers, footers and everything but i could not make the document as 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. i cant find the solution for this. please help me. i tried in different office versions too. I attached the image of the doc. see the navigation pane. i need them in continous sequence as 1-9

Problem in Cross-Reference

Posted: 15 Mar 2015 08:30 PM PDT

Previously, my List of Tables look like this:

Table 1.1  list of A's

Table 1.2  list of B's

Which, no problem in applying cross-reference.

And current, my List of Tables look like this:

1.1  list of A's

1.2  list of B's

by applying PamCaswell solution here (thank you)

unfortunately for the current setting, i cannot insert cross-reference for Only Label and Number, as is I'm inserting the Entire Caption. How can I insert cross-reference for Only Label and Number using the current applied Caption..??? Please help, thank you.

Strange "Save As" WIndow--what happened?

Posted: 15 Mar 2015 08:16 PM PDT

I noticed today as I was saving a Word document that the usual "Save As" window I have known for years has suddenly changed!  I have no idea what happened.  But it makes navigating to the proper folders a bit more challenging since I can now see only a small part of the selection of folders and files.  Now I have this huge expanse of space under "Save As Type."  Apart from "Authors" I have no idea what all this stuff means.  Manager?  Any ideas?  I sure don't: I have a solo law practice.  And I am scratching my head at "Company."  I don't work for Hewlett Packard although I have nothing against them.  I have an HP laptop.  Does that make HP "My Company?"  Sort of like my cell phone company is "My" Verizon--as if!  Did I miss some upgrade along the way?  Or did I inadvertently hit a button somewhere?  Was I asleep for years and just awoke, wondering how I got to Sleepy Hollow? 

Page layout varies

Posted: 15 Mar 2015 08:04 PM PDT

1. I note that when I switch from Header to Body (main text on the page) mode, the page layout changes. This makes it much harder than necessary to assign correct headers.

2. When I switch from Draft to Print Preview mode, the page layout also changes and small changes occur even within some lines.

Is there a rational reason for these variations? Why can't the layout be exactly the same in all cases?

How to open new blank document by default?

Posted: 15 Mar 2015 07:05 PM PDT

A long time ago, Microsoft Word used to be set up to open a blank document when you executed the program. Now it doesn't - it takes you to a screen where you have to click on the Blank file to open it.

How do I eliminate this step and have Word open a new blank document using the default Normal template every time I execute winword.exe?

Word Document on iPad not opening?

Posted: 15 Mar 2015 06:08 PM PDT

I had worked on an assignment for uni which i had all typed on microsoft word on my ipad air

but now whenever I try to open it, it starts to download but then straightaway says that the file has either moved or deleted - however I cannot find it anywhere on the app or onedrive (which is where i saved it), not even the recycle bin. Help?

clipboard not pasting

Posted: 15 Mar 2015 05:25 PM PDT

In Microsoft Word 2010, I can copy items to the clipboard but when I paste I get something I copied a few days ago. I can see the newly copied items in the clipboard, but no matter what I do it keeps pasting this same item from a few days ago. This happens whether I use keyboard commands or paste all directly from the clipboard. I have cleared the clipboard and I checked add-ins and all is fine there. Clipboard works fine in other programs such as Excel. Any ideas?