Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - how can i get my ms word document titles to accept '!'s and '?'s?

Microsoft Word - how can i get my ms word document titles to accept '!'s and '?'s?


how can i get my ms word document titles to accept '!'s and '?'s?

Posted: 26 May 2014 05:38 PM PDT

it's such a pain to not be able to include a '!' or a '?' in my document titles, since i'm filing thousands of poem and prose titles that include those marks... is there any way to make it work? 

Pages keep flipping and won't scroll any farther

Posted: 26 May 2014 02:31 PM PDT

My word document is about 70 mirrored pages.  When I try to scroll down the document, it jumps to one page and these pages will keep flipping back and forth as I try to scroll passed the page.  I've tried removing all formatting and bookmarks.  Nothing seems to work. 

I'm using Word 13--Windows 8.1

Thank you!

Rebecca

Columns in mid portion of page

Posted: 26 May 2014 01:12 PM PDT

Hello,

What I want to do seems simple enough, but I can't seem to get it working! I did consult the help section of MS word 2010.

I'd like to create a section in the middle of a page for 2 columns. This section would take up about a third of the page, so after creating the column section, entering text into the columns, then I'd like to revert to the original "no columns" format, and complete the page as in a normal document.

Any directions will be appreciated.

Jack

Exporting word 2013 document to pdf causes table formatting error in pdf

Posted: 26 May 2014 12:49 PM PDT

I created a Word document (docx) using the elementary school newsletter template.

The Word document shows the table properly sized while the PDF shows the table running off of the end of the page.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Roseann

Cannot paste images together with text from web browers into offices 2010

Posted: 26 May 2014 10:34 AM PDT

Recently, my offices 2010 has gone strange. I tested with 3 web browsers, firefox and chrome (both were latest version updated regularly), and internet explorer pre-installed in my window 8. When i tried to copy (Ctrl +C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents consisting of text and images on many websites which opened by these web browsers, there were only text lines pasted successfully. The images could not be pasted in word, powerpoint and onenote. After pasting, all images only appeared as an empty rectangular or square, or appeared as an image showing two mountains and a sun. I have tried many solutions i found on internet to solve this problem, however nothing has worked. Please help me!

Style/paragraph definition that prevents isolated lines of text

Posted: 26 May 2014 09:33 AM PDT

I know that the "Keep with next" checkbox under a style's Pragraph settings can be used to prevent a single line of text to follow the title (heading), at the end of a page, thus inserting an automatic page break *before* the title, in order for it to start with plenty of space afterwards.

But is it possible to do anything so that the converse is also prevented, i.e. not having a single row at the start of a page, before a new heading begins?

What does the small square format symbol mean?

Posted: 26 May 2014 09:21 AM PDT

In WORD 2013 I have occasionally, small black squares which appear at the beginning of some paragraph headers and occasionally at the beginning of some regular text lines.  They are visible only when displaying all format symbols (Shift-Ctl-8).   What do they mean?  How do I get rid of them?

Mutiple asterics cause line of undeleteable little squares??

Posted: 26 May 2014 09:02 AM PDT

When typing a story I type 5 Asterisk and a carriage return for a scene change it sometime causes a line of little squares that I can't get rid of, what is the problem and how do I get rid of this line. It seem unreachable? I think Ctrl 'q' used to erase it now with Office 13 an Windows 8.1 nothing seems to rid this line??

 

"Ghost Document" Shows up When I Open Word

Posted: 26 May 2014 08:45 AM PDT

This strange document opens the same time I open any one of my word documents. When I try to click on it to open it and see what it is, it just says it is a corrupt file that cannot be opened. This only appears when I have the document sitting on my desktop and I open it from there. If you have any questions about the situation to get more clarification, please do ask

Is there any way I can keep this from happening?

Is there something wrong with my Microsoft Office - Word?

Font embedding issue

Posted: 26 May 2014 07:21 AM PDT

I've downloaded a font which I want to embed in a word document. The font's embedding right is "editable". Both right click on the font file->properties->details and the value returned by GlyphTypeface.EmbeddingRights say so, but word wouldn't embed it. I wrote a small app, which embeds the font in an existing document, but when I open the document in Word, it says:

READ-ONLY  To modify this document, remove fonts licensed for Print or Preview only. [Button="Remove Restricted Fonts"]

(The word web app accepts it just fine though)

I suspect, that Word still uses GDI functions like GetOutlineTextMetrics behind the scenes. I noticed that this function returns "wrong" information. The otmfsType-field of theOUTLINETEXTMEXTRIC-struct for this font is 12 (binary: 1100). The doc for this field says:

otmfsType

Indicates whether the font is licensed. Licensed fonts must not be modified or exchanged. If bit 1 is set, the font may not be embedded in a document. If bit 1 is clear, the font can be embedded. If bit 2 is set, the embedding is read-only.

Also, Control Panel->Fonts returns 2 values for the embedding restrictions:


Any Idea how to work around this issue?

Table limits in Word 2013

Posted: 26 May 2014 06:55 AM PDT

I have recently converted from Windows XP & Word 2007 to Windows 8 and Word 2013.

 

I am having problems with a file that I use as a bibliographic database.  It has a large table (387KB 77 pages 400 rows in one table).  With Word 2007 I could search within this table then goto the found results, I could also sort the whole table. 

 

In Word 2013 when I sort I loose the bottom half of the table - just a blank screen.

When I search for text a list of results appears but I cannot go to some of the results that were found - nothing happens, no error message or anything. 

 

I assume I have exceeded a limit for something but everything in the file is well within the limits listed in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211489/en-us, 

However, that document does not list any limits for tables.

 

Smaller tables in other files work as I expected.

What are the limits that apply to tables?  Are there any ways to avoid these problems other than splitting the file up (or buying decent software).

 

Thanks John Fisher  

 

 

Can't get MS Office 2007 working

Posted: 26 May 2014 04:36 AM PDT

I recently installed Microsoft Office 2007 onto my laptop (running Windows 8.1), but I forgot to uninstall my previous version (MS Office 2003). Now I can't get any of my documents to open with the 2007 version. Whenever I try to set the default program to a 2007 version it just says:

The 2003 version of Office still works fine, but I really don't want to have wasted my money on a product if I can't get it to work. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Word viewer shows blank

Posted: 26 May 2014 02:47 AM PDT

After sending a Word document as an attachment to email when I click on the

attachment it it opens in a Word Viewer frame, but the screen remains blank.

Why isn't the document content showing?

Office 2013 Word and Excel does not open at all and keep coming up with same error message

Posted: 26 May 2014 02:14 AM PDT

I just bought Office 2013 and installed in my laptop which is running on Windows 7 OS.

However, after installation, both Word and Excel does not open any documents and keep coming up with the following error message saying "...notify you if a solution is available...". This is very poor message. What if there is no solution? Do I lose my money buying Office 2013??????

Please let me know whether there is a solution.

Thank you

Microsoft Word 2010

Posted: 25 May 2014 08:57 PM PDT

I have Microsoft Office Word 2010 on Windows 7 for more than 2 years.Today when I tried to use it. I have this message.Location is not available.Q:/ is not accessible.Access is denied.

Microsoft office not working

Posted: 25 May 2014 04:49 PM PDT

I Uninstalled Norton Antivirus this morning because I was tired of the popups. Now my Microsoft office is not working.  When I click on Word for example, it changes from blue to white (like there is a flashbulb below the Word icon) then goes right back to blue and nothing happens. I restarted the computer twice and am assuming it has something to do with the Norton uninstall, but not sure what to do. Any suggestions?