Pages

Search

Upgrading Office 2003 Small Business to Pro - Microsoft Office forums

Upgrading Office 2003 Small Business to Pro - Microsoft Office forums


Upgrading Office 2003 Small Business to Pro

Posted: 24 Mar 2006 07:52 AM PST

It would appear then that I need to add Access to the existing installation
and forget about upgrading.
--
Dusty


"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
 

how do I get the product key from my existing computer

Posted: 23 Mar 2006 05:09 PM PST

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 17:09:01 -0800, Courtney wrote in microsoft.public.office.setup:
 

Which version of Microsoft Office? AFAIK nothing will work for version 9 (2000).

There are several programs to show that key.

Key Finder by Magical Jelly Bean:
<http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml>

ProduKey by NirSoft:
<http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html>

Belarc Advisor:
<http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html>

--
Michael Bednarek http://mbednarek.com/ "POST NO BILLS"

After downloading MS Office 2003, no longer have Adobe Acrobat.

Posted: 23 Mar 2006 04:15 PM PST

Before you've downloaded the Adobe Reader (it's no longer called Acrobat
Reader), make sure you have an antivirus program installed. (How could you
not have one installed/current these days?)


--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]



"gemthornton" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com... 


Strange Office 2000 behavior.

Posted: 23 Mar 2006 10:19 AM PST

We where reinstalling because the 1st install was in french and for
some reason the user wanted to use a multi-lingual version of Office
and to finally go back to only french (don't ask me why those request
where accepted).

We where uninstalling using add/remove program and installing with with
the same command line we used to install on all computer (msi with a
mst).

The installation was basically a normal install of office 2000, so
per-machine.

Office2000 Installer Problem

Posted: 23 Mar 2006 06:58 AM PST

Hi,

You may be experiencing the problem where MSIEXEC starts for the wrong
product? When you start Outlook, an Installer pop-up starts in the
middle of the screen and then asks you for a disk, is that right? If you
are able to see the title bar of the Installer pop-up it will tell you
the product it's trying to "repair" and then usually the first step to
fixing it all is to get rid of this other product first.

Then uninstall the whole of Office and then re-install it. Test your
Office CD on a different machine first to ensure there's nothing wrong
with it.

AWJ wrote: 


--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)

Error Installing Security Update for Excel 2003 (KB905756)

Posted: 23 Mar 2006 03:39 AM PST

uh I've tried to use windows and office update.
Neither worked, so where can I download these patches?

Apply CMW file after Custom

Posted: 23 Mar 2006 01:44 AM PST

I also have the same question as Bob Buckland I just deployed office
via group policy and I want to make some modification like add some
components I used custom maintenance wizard and I have the .CMW file I
wanted to apply to the already deployed offcice to make these changes
where do I add it in the group policy is it the same place as with the
SMT file is so which one will take effect first help.

Dawit

User license problem

Posted: 22 Mar 2006 01:23 PM PST

It amazes me that some people will assume a problem is related to Office
first. If I couldn't get my email, I wouldn't blame Outlook. I'd call my ISP
and make sure everything was okay on their end. And if it was I'd get them
to help me verify my settings.

I guess everything is Microsoft's fault. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]



"Peter Foldes" <com> wrote in message
news:ueZ%phx.gbl...
They all forget this Jo-Ann. Anyway they never finalize a disc so they can
continue to do other things with it. (hint to the poster)

--
Peter

Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <com> wrote in message
news:com... 


Office 2003 Installation Source Troubles

Posted: 22 Mar 2006 03:00 AM PST

so far no answers here... I really hope someone could give me some
advice.

What I did meanwhile:
- used the MSI Cleanup Utility to remove the Frontpage 2003 install
- tried to update Office 2003 Standard: no go
- Removed the Office 2003 Standard MSO Cache using LSItool.exe
- again tried to update Office 2003 Standard: no go.
- Reinstalled Frontpage 2003
- Checked if in the registry all keys to a valid source where still
there according http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884298/en-us
- Checked if all needed files in Windows\installer are still there and
with good permisisons - they are.

When running an update, I always get that "Update Failed"
Ohotfix.log gives me this:

Starting the log on 03/22/2006 at 18:58:21...
Loading the resource .dll...
Reading the settings...
The settings are:
IsNormalUpdate=1
AdminUsesShortFilenames=1
AdminPath=""
MessageTitle="Office 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2)"
CopyFilesToRerun=1
ShowSuccessDialog=1
RebootInQuietMode=0
RunSetupWatson=1
RequireAllPatchesNeeded=0
RequireAllProductsAtMinVersion=0
MinProductVersion=""
MinMsiVersion="2.0"
UpgradeMsi=1
MsiUpgradeURL="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=20610"
OHotfixLogLevel="v"
MsiLogLevel="v"
OHotfixUILevel="n"
MsiUILevel="n"
FeatureToCheck=""
Making sure only this instance of the bootstrapper is running...
Making sure the environment is okay for patching...
Getting the patches...
Getting the products to patch...
Seeing if patch C:\DOCUME~1\Paul\LOCALS~1\Temp\IXP000.TMP\MAINSP2f f.msp
is needed...
The update failed.
Finished processing the update on 03/22/2006 at 18:58:21.
Encountered error 1612 while updating.
Launching Setup Watson...
Could not find dw.exe.


So it's about "error 1612 while updating". Can't find a lot about this.

Meanwhile, some news:
- when going to Office Update -> check for updates -> still doesn't work
- BUT I went to Microsoft Update, which suggested me Office SP2 and I
could even download and install it!
So I'm now on SP2 but still in the same situation as before: can't apply
any other updates (not manual, not through Office Update). Can't Repair
& Detect, can't re-run setup, can't even remove Office without that
"local Installation source error" or "update failed" error.


--
Paul


How do I add an "insert address" button to Office

Posted: 20 Mar 2006 09:00 AM PST



"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote: