Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - Language bar is lost when I open the "Save as..." dialog in Word 2013

Microsoft Word - Language bar is lost when I open the "Save as..." dialog in Word 2013


Language bar is lost when I open the "Save as..." dialog in Word 2013

Posted: 28 Dec 2013 10:46 AM PST

I have a Windows 8.1 installation, having upgraded from Windows 7 and Windows 8 respectively. I have a language bar with the following layouts:

1) English US
2) Greek
   a) Greek
   b) Greek Polytonic

After installing Office 2013, whenever I open the "Save as..." dialog in Word 2013, the language bar is lost and I can only type in English.

To fix the issue, I found this workaround, which is rather frustrating, though:
I go to the language options and I set Greek as the default language, then I set English back as the default language and this re-enables the language bar.

I have waited for Windows and Office updates for 2 months now but nothing fixes it. I need a solution, as this is very frustrating and time consuming.

Thank you.

Table of Contents Entry Fields

Posted: 28 Dec 2013 10:18 AM PST

I'm trying to create a table of contents by using field codes in Word 2007 on Windows 8.1.

When I try to insert a {TC} field code using the drop down menu via "Quick Parts", the field code never shows up (I am using Alt-9 and can view all the other hidden text and other field code types).

Next, I tried to manually insert a {TC} field code, but whenever I finished typing the "C" in "TC", the field code disappears and I can no longer input keystrokes unless I move the cursor or do a control-command of some sort.

This is driving me crazy and makes no sense.  Please help!

Curser bounces all over the place, making it impossible to type

Posted: 28 Dec 2013 09:23 AM PST

  • It does not matter if I am in Word or a web page (like here) my curser bounces all over the place and puts my typing in the middle of other words/lines.  I disabled smart curser but it still does it. Here is an  exampatter if aim anot mle. It is driving me nuts and I cannot write. How do I fix this. I type 80 wpm but with this issue that has me pulling hair out it's more like 3.

Excel and Word keep shutting down

Posted: 28 Dec 2013 08:19 AM PST

I have Office University and it has worked perfectly fine for months until today. Now, whenever I try to open an Excel or Word file, I get an error message that says, "A problem has caused this program to stop working," and that I'll be notified of any solutions. Then the program closes.  I used Word all day yesterday without a single problem, but today I can't even keep it open for longer than 15 seconds. I've tried regular repair and Internet repair; I rebooted my computer and flat-out shut it down and restarted it--nothing has helped.  All the other Office programs are working fine. The operating system is WIndows 8; laptop is a Dell Inspiron 14R (i5).

Help!

Word 2013 can't publish images on blogger via blog post

Posted: 28 Dec 2013 07:43 AM PST

Hi everyone and Merry Christmas!


Okay so I'm experiencing some problems with Microsoft Word 2013. I'm not kinda sure if its MS Word problem or the blogger itself.
When I'm trying to insert an image via Word's blog post, it says that the post is published, but there is no image on the blog post whatsoever, only letters and a blank space for the reserved image.
What seems to be the problem? Does anyone know? Please help me!


-Nick

Installed Software Expired?

Posted: 28 Dec 2013 07:10 AM PST

My laptop is a little over a year old and it is saying my subscription to Microsoft word and excel have expired.  Why would that happen if they were installed on the laptop when I got it?  Do I have to buy new software?

Office 2013

Posted: 28 Dec 2013 06:50 AM PST

For some reason or other I find that I cannot open any of my Word 2013 or Excel 2013 files.

office 365

Posted: 28 Dec 2013 06:20 AM PST

just purchased and installed 365 on two laptops. it is working ok on the windows 8 machine but on the windows 7 machine when we try to open word it come up with a message "microsoft word has stopped working" - then  tells us to close the program!! Any ideas????

Indent margins in an outline

Posted: 28 Dec 2013 12:06 AM PST

I am typing an outline using Word 2013. Using a preset outline in Word, it keeps changing the indent margin. I am spending more time trying to fix that then I am typing information. I liked the tabs ruler at the top of the page in the older versions of Word or Works because I could just slide the tab to adjust the margins. Any ideas on how to fix this?




Trying to find out how to save from Office 365 to Dropbox

Posted: 27 Dec 2013 08:09 PM PST

I have been using Dropbox for some time to collect my docs from home and office in one place. I have a Dropbox app on my new laptop with Windows 8.1 and Office 365. However, I cannot seem to find a way to save to Dropbox from my new Office suite.  There is a function under File to "Add a location" for saving files, but it does not seem to permit really adding any other location in addition to Office 365 and SkyDrive. I begin to fear they are learning from Apple and refusing to "play well with others." Since I already have many docs on Dropbox, this is not welcome.
 
Any fixes?  Thanks for your help!

Equation Editor in 2010: How to type text after the equation on the same line

Posted: 27 Dec 2013 06:05 PM PST

I want to label an equation the usual way (such as: eq. 1) to the right of an equation. However, after I write the equation, exit the equation box and press the space bar, the equation shifts to the far left and the font changes to a smaller font.  Does anyone know how to do this simple thing?
Rob

Playing back Audio notes recorded on a Word document on Mac over on Word on a Windows PC

Posted: 27 Dec 2013 04:01 PM PST

I am a learning disabled student who is using Office 365 University edition on a PC.  I have a a note taker who also has Office 365 University edition with Word, but on a Mac. She sits in the classroom and takes notes for me using the Audio Notes feature. This feature allows her to type notes for me and record the audio of the lecture at the same time.  Then when I get the Word document file from her I can review the notes and listen to the exact point in the lecture where the instructor was talking.  I am able to use her files on my Mac mini, but when I try to use the same file on my Windows PC, there doesn't seem to be a way play back the audio.  I can't seem to get s straight answer to as to whether this is

a. Not possible to do
b. Possible to do but I need to apply a fix
c. Possible to do, but I am not using it correctly or need another piece of software installed

Additionally there is some confusion at Microsoft about this capability versus something called Microsoft OneNote.  I don't know if they are compatible and can't find any information about it, I eventually landed on this page, but can't find an answer. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/onenote-help/upgrade-to-onenote-2013-HA102749817.aspx?CTT=1     I am willing to install OneNote if it in fact will open the Word file that my friend has sent me with the lecture notes and audio in it.

If you answer this question please forward this answer to the AnswerTech people for the Microsoft Windows and Mac PC support groups because neither of them knew what I was talking about.  Please also forward to the Microsoft Pro Support group and the University365 support groups who handles the activations.

Thanks

Different line layouts

Posted: 26 Dec 2013 08:47 PM PST

I have noticed many times that as I switch between Draft View and Print Layout View, the number of characters on a line changes, with Draft mode putting more text on each line. (In both modes, the text measures 4.7" inches wide, correct for 6" page width and 0.5" margins and .3" gutter. The letter spacing is Normal.) This inconsistency makes it hard to do several kinds of checks at once as I go through the document. Does anyone know why this exists and if there is any way around it?