Pages

Search

Custom field formulas and inserted projects Microsoft Project

Custom field formulas and inserted projects Microsoft Project


Custom field formulas and inserted projects

Posted: 24 Feb 2005 09:59 AM PST

Ah, so simple and obvious! :-) I hadn't set it to use the formula for summary
tasks. Thanks! I'll also amend to use the "&".

I appreciate the help! ...L

"JackD" wrote:
 

Project Professional licensing quetion

Posted: 24 Feb 2005 09:33 AM PST

That is the answer to a different question.
Project Server does NOT come with a free copy of Project Pro.

--
-Jack ... For project information and macro examples visit
http://masamiki.com/project

..
"Steve House [MVP]" <send.hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:%phx.gbl... 
one 
it 
need 
part 


custom field inforamtion to be limited to task row only

Posted: 24 Feb 2005 06:31 AM PST

In article <com>,
"Majid" <microsoft.com> wrote:
 

Majid,
I find it easier to help someone if they explain what they are trying to
do rather than how they are trying to do it. So, instead of telling us
you want to highlight Flag1, how about explaining what Flag1 represents.
In other words, what determines if Flag1 is "yes" or "no"? Is there some
kind of criteria (formula or VBA code)? Is it changed manually by the
user? Whatever.

When you say you want Flag1 highlighted, what do you mean? There are
several text formatting options - color, italic, bold, etc. What is
special about summary lines? What determines why and when they will be
highlighted?

More questions than answers I'm afraid.
John
Project MVP

Who does what when

Posted: 24 Feb 2005 05:03 AM PST

In article <com>,
"jzis" <microsoft.com> wrote:
 

jz,
Boy wouldn't that be great - Shilling versus Johnson.

Let me answer the two questions I saw in your multiple posts. First, the
data on the right side of Usage reports is for numerical information
only. It is possible to achieve what you want, but you will have to use
VBA to export the information to another application (e.g. Excel).
Second, Gantt bar text cannot be wrapped. The intent of being able to
attach text to a Gantt bar is to provide simple reference information on
the graphic, not to give details such that text wrapping would be
required.

Hope this helps.
John
Project MVP

Elapsed Time tasks show as non-critical in a critical path display

Posted: 24 Feb 2005 02:29 AM PST

You're welcome, General - good luck :-)

Mike Glen
MS Project MVP





General M wrote: 



Auto Save as Web Page?

Posted: 23 Feb 2005 05:37 PM PST

"=?Utf-8?B?bWN1YmE=?=" <microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<com>... 

Go to Tools, Macro, Record new Macro, and then with the macro recorder
running, complete the File-SaveAs function, with the required options.

In the future, to re-run the macro, use Tools, Macro, Macros (Alt F8)
to run the saved macro.

You can also assign shortcut keys / toolbar items if this is something
you do frequently.

Here is what I got, but you may have different preferences:

Sub Macro2()
' Macro Macro2
' Macro Recorded Thu 24/02/05 by Michael Murray.
FileSaveAs Name:="C:\My Documents\testproject.html",
FormatID:="MSProject.HTML", map:="Default task information"
End Sub


Hope that helps,
M.

Combining Linked Projects

Posted: 23 Feb 2005 02:15 PM PST

In article <com>,
"Roland67" <microsoft.com> wrote:
 

Roland,
Did I misinterpret what is happening? I understood you to say that when
your subprojects were inserted into a master, some of the tasks slammed
over to the Project Start date of the master, however (and I had to
confirm this with my own test), this will only occur if the subprojects
are statically consolidated into the master (i.e. subprojects not linked
to the master). In a dynamically consolidated master, the tasks in each
subproject adhere to the Project Start date of their respective
subprojects.

Perhaps we need a re-statement of what is happening before we can offer
other suggestions.

By the way, I understand about customer wants. I just hope they are not
looking for detail planning of any tasks beyond 12 months. Tasks beyond
the rule-of-thumb 12 month window should be expressed as "planning
packages". That is, they have a rough idea of Duration and perhaps even
cost, but no details. As time marches on and those out-year planning
packages get within 3 months of the present, then they should be detail
planned.

Just for reference, I am a firm believer that the constraint types
"must-start-on" and "must-finish-on" should never be used. When you get
down to it, they defy reality. It is said there are only two certainties
in life. One of them has to do with "rendering unto Caesar" and the
other has to do with the grim reaper. The "best laid plans" do not fit
into either category. Oops, there I am on that soapbox again. Sorry.

John
Project MVP

1 Task, x Resources

Posted: 23 Feb 2005 01:21 PM PST

Jan De Messemaeker wrote: 

Hi
thanks for your patience.
OK, here is what I mean.
I have 10 stones I have to bring from A to B.
I can only carry one at a time.
For each stone I take one hour
So if I do it alone it is 10 hours of work for me.
So is the "duration" I meant.
Now my neighbor is popping by, as weak/strong as I
am and offers me help.
So we do it parallel.
So we carry the stone in 5 hours. 2 people carry 5
stones.
So the "elapsed time" is 5 hours although the
actual working hours (man days usually called) are
10 hours as planned.

So if I know how much effort a task is (in my case
10 hours) I want to see how much faster I am
throwing in more ressources (people). Yeah Yeah, I
know that in software dev it does not work this
way, but I am not talking about software dev.
So with four ressources I can finish the task in
2.5 hours
I hope this is clearer now, because I doubt my MSP
would add value to your understanding
Kay

levelling & the status line

Posted: 23 Feb 2005 11:24 AM PST

Dale,

Thanks so much &ndash; this feature does exactly what I wanted.

Syd.

nntp://news.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.project/<#phx.gbl>

Syd --

Open the project in question and then do the following:

1. Click Tools - Tracking - Update Project
2. Select the task(s) for which no actuals were entered in the past
reporting period
3. Click Tools - Tracking - Update Project
4. Select the "Reschedule remaining work to start after" option
5. Select the date one day BEFORE the next reporting period
6. Select the "Selected tasks" option
7. Click the OK button

This will move uncompleted work to the next reporting period for the
selected tasks only. Hope this helps.

--
Dale A. Howard [MVP]
Enterprise Project Trainer/Consultant
http://www.msprojectexperts.com
"We wrote the book on Project Server"


"Syd Millett" <send.infusiondev.com> wrote in message
news:phx.gbl... 




[microsoft.public.project]


Scheduling from fixed finish dates?

Posted: 23 Feb 2005 09:32 AM PST

Yup.

Stick to FS dependencies.

--
-Jack ... For project information and macro examples visit
http://masamiki.com/project

..
"Tom G." <net> wrote in message
news:46.248.16...