Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - how do I get help specific to the task I am doing in word 2010

Microsoft Word - how do I get help specific to the task I am doing in word 2010


how do I get help specific to the task I am doing in word 2010

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 11:44 AM PST

If I am in a dialogue box and press help, I am sent to the Main help browser. If I type a question, I am sent everywhere else than where I want to be. Is there a way to control how help works?

Insert symbol

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 07:32 AM PST

Is it or me that has gone mad? Using WORD with VISTA, I thought that if I wanted to insert, for example,  ♫ or other symbol, I clicked on Symbol and a wealth of symbols, arabic letters, mathematical squiggles and so on were presented to me to chose from.

Now I only get half a page, mostly of foreign accents.

 

What has happened?????

 

Bewildered,

 

David

Nothing works!

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 05:42 PM PST

MS word Starter stopped working so went online this a.m. & purchased & downloaded MS Office home & Student 2010.  Now I can't open any of my documents.  Starter opens and this comes up."MS office is downloading the required feature.  MS office may appear unresponsive temporarily as the required files are downloaded".  Yah right!! All that happens is that everything just freezes...Can I just uninstall Starter??--Period!Will this do any good??  Just don't know what to do!!