Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - In Microsoft Word 2013, I can't copy images from the internet into a word document.

Microsoft Word - In Microsoft Word 2013, I can't copy images from the internet into a word document.


In Microsoft Word 2013, I can't copy images from the internet into a word document.

Posted: 06 Oct 2013 02:56 PM PDT

I have Office 365 University. I can't copy and paste an image into a word document. I need to do this for school and its creating a serious inconvenience.

Getting microsoft word 2013 has stopped working, can't start it in safe mode either

Posted: 06 Oct 2013 12:16 PM PDT

I just installed Microsoft office 2013 and Outlook works, but get the above message for Word, Excel and Powerpoint.  I tried to start Word in Safe mode and got the same message.  Suggestions?

"Windows has experienced a problem" opening Word 2013

Posted: 06 Oct 2013 12:09 PM PDT

I use Windows7 and downloaded Windows Office 13. When Windows Word is activated the message "Windows has experienced a problem is displayed" and the program shuts down.

 

[Original title: Programs Compatibility Application Applications App Apps Game Games Legacy Crash Crashes Hang Hangs]

How keep a Normal Text period bolded in the Math Zone?

Posted: 06 Oct 2013 11:39 AM PDT

There's a standard logical operator that the math zone doesn't provide. It's the conjunctive period (meaning "and") with equal space on either side. It should be bold, and in the Cambria Math font the period is square, which is very suitable, especially when bold.

I made a macro that breaks out to Normal Text in the math zone, turns on bold, types the period, toggles off bold, and leaves Normal Text. It works as I record it, but when the macro is played later, 2 things happen: (1) the bold attribute disappears, and (2) the math zone treats the period as needing space to the right.

(2) can be handled, since as an operator it ought to be spaced on both sides, and it's easy to incorporate different fixed spaces to balance the spacing of the period. But how can (1) the bold attribute be retained? 

The math zone is constructed so that bolding can't be turned on except in Normal Text. That's fine. Bolding in Normal Text is retained for other characters, but not for the period (and its logical synonym, the ampersand). What can be the workaround? There must be a way to consolidate the following keystrokes in the math zone:
  • Normal Text on
  • space
  • bold on
  • .
  • bold off
  • space
  • Normal Text off

Hourglass Persists

Posted: 06 Oct 2013 09:10 AM PDT

Hourglass does not disappear on Word (Office 2007) and flashes on the document page. Hence, cannot place cursor within existing or new document. Tried diagnostics and repair. No solution.

If I don't have Office 2007

Posted: 06 Oct 2013 08:20 AM PDT

do I have to download all the 2007 service packs for that particular year?  I have 2003.  I don't see the point, really...

what do you think?

I ran MBSA and there are all these things that I don't have that they're telling me I should download.

I just don't see the point to slugging down my pc with allof them.

kat

thankyou

 

Save .docx as .doc Problem

Posted: 06 Oct 2013 06:37 AM PDT

I developed a document in Word 2010 and saved it as a .docx file - 257Kb in size.  I then saved it as a .doc file - the size increased to 3,237 Kb.  The file contains a few pages of text, with the vast majority being a table for data collection.  Is there a way to save the .docx version as a .doc file, while maintaining the same size file? 

Security Alert - Office File Validation (received after accepting changes in document)

Posted: 06 Oct 2013 01:40 AM PDT

I'm having an odd problem and hoping someone can help. 

I'm running Word 2007 on Windows 8. I was using track changes while editing a lengthy document. Once I finished editing, I saved a copy of the document and did an Accept > Accept All Changes in Document. I saved the file in Compatibility Mode (Word 97-2003) which was the original format.

When I went to open the file (still on my machine) I received the following security alert:

Microsoft Office Security Notice

Security Alert - Office File Validation

Warning: Office file validation detected a problem while trying to open this file.

Opening this is probably dangerous, and may allow a malicious user to take over your computer.

This ONLY happened when I accepted all changes. If I saved a copy without accepting all of the changes, I did not get the security alert. Through trial and error, I discovered that it was one deletion in particular that was causing the problem. As long as I did not accept that one particular change, I could accept every other change in the document and it would open without the alert.

Does anyone know what might be behind this? Is there really something in the file that is dangerous? I'm at the point where I'm scared to send any Word documents to clients and coworkers in case they really are dangerous/something on my computer is making them unsafe. So far, the issue only seems to affect this one file but, unfortunately, it's a file I do need to send out at some point. 

(I did scan the file with my AV program and it didn't find any issues)

Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated. 

Microsoft 2007 "Word" : Sending File as an Attachment directly while working on it.

Posted: 05 Oct 2013 11:10 PM PDT

I'm unable to get the option of sending the file as an "word" attachment. This is kind of strange as I get all other options like email as "PDF/XPS attachment/email recipient as txt".

However-- I want to email as a "word attachment" .
I tried to explore all options but so far have been unlucky. 
I seek your help. Thanks

Shiv

I can't see the image I pasted onto Word 2010?

Posted: 05 Oct 2013 09:32 PM PDT

The other day I copied a Google Image and was going to paste it onto Word 2010, but when I did, it showed a blank image. Like, you can still press on the image but it's a small box but with all of the image's settings. I tried Googling solutions to this problem, but all of them says to make sure the picture placeholder is unchecked and the other setting is checked. Thing is, those were my default settings. When I called Microsoft Customer Service, they said something about Premium Support for $99. That's way off, because I purchased a family pack Office Suite for the same price. I've already tried uninstalling the entire Office suite, but it gives the same results. Any solutions?

Microsoft Office Starter 2010 pre-installed

Posted: 05 Oct 2013 08:35 PM PDT

My desk top and my lap top both had Microsoft Office Starter 2010 installed on them when I bought them.  Now any of the documents that I had saved to "documents" I am not able to open with Microsoft Office Starter 2010.  How can I fix this problem?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Word+keyboard problem

Posted: 05 Oct 2013 05:28 PM PDT

I have Hp 4540s laptop.When i open old document i cant type in my language chars like šđčćž at all.When i open new document i can only type my language chars if i type in any other char that isnt  šđčćž before i attempt to writhe those char from my language.As you can see those letters work in other programs but not in Word.Pls help someone since i cant figure this one out alone.

Cannot change default font setting in 2010 Word

Posted: 05 Oct 2013 03:30 PM PDT

I am not on a network.  I have a home computer.  I don't see any solution that is listed to correct the problem I have in not re-setting the default which is programmed into Word 2010.  It opens as Calbri, font size 11.  This cannot be changed.  I am the administrator of my user account.  When I make the changes necessary and choose default for all documents it will not save except in a separate document to the desktop.  Which means I cannot use the original Word 2010 document.  I have to use the saved document.   This is not right.

 

I don't know anything about add-ons, so I can't do anything about them.

 

I had to have my original user account removed and am using a new user account.  The old documents already saved open up correctly.  I do not know what I did in the original user account to Word 2010 to make these changes default.

 

Please advise!

Office 2013 Home and Student (Word 2013) opening DOCX, missing pages

Posted: 05 Oct 2013 03:23 PM PDT

Hi,

I have a legit Office 2010 at my office and purchased Office 2013 on my laptop at home.
I have written many docx files on my office computer. I came back home and when I opened the file, pages were missing!

I tried to talk to the tech support of MS but they were suggesting me to purchase this technical support plan for $100.

When I open this file on Office 2013, on the top it says [Compatibility Mode].
I remotely connected to my PC at work and checked if that file is opening correctly. which it did.

It looks like it's a bug for Office 2013.

I need some help with this desperately.

Spacing in a list

Posted: 05 Oct 2013 03:22 PM PDT

When I create a list, I usually use either 1.25 or 1.5 line spacing.  Most of the time, the spacing holds when I add a new item, but sometimes it reverts to single spacing for no apparent reason.  I didn't change the settings, so what would cause this to happen (besides an unseen malevolent force in the Universe)?