Pages

Search

Office XP with manditory profiles - Microsoft Office forums

Office XP with manditory profiles - Microsoft Office forums


Office XP with manditory profiles

Posted: 07 Jan 2005 09:00 AM PST

No Joy. I installed the tool. Then I granted the user I log on as to
create the profile administrative rights. Set the profile so it's not
mandatory. I logged on, ran the Office applications, entered the user
name and made setting changes. Then I logged off, rescinded the admin
rights, renamed the profile directory and dat file so it's mandatory
again. Logged on and when trying to start Word I get the installer
progress bar then Word opens and asks for the user name and initials. So
frustrating! I can't figure out what I'm missing here.


Brandon Smith wrote: 

Outlook 2003 has extra pst file attached that I cannot delete...

Posted: 06 Jan 2005 02:25 PM PST

Thanks - that worked.



"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <org> wrote in message
news:phx.gbl... 


Where is the Office Tool Bar in office 2003?

Posted: 06 Jan 2005 01:39 PM PST

I am me wrote: 


Another NSF. If you'd spent five minutes searching or RTFH you'd have found
your answer. The OSB is obsolete. Reason? Office 2003 only installs on three
operating systems (2000 (SP3+), XP and 2003) and they all have innate
functionality that renders it so. You can create a new toolbar (on the
standard Windows toolbar) that performs the same function. I have *never*
used the OSB - ever and I've been using Office (or its components) for over
15 years.

1) Open the drive Office is installed on.
2) Navigate to the Office folder (Usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office 11)
3) Open another instance of your same drive and create a new folder in
the root
4) Name the folder Office and drag the Office executables to it and
shortcuts will automatically be created. Do this for as many apps as your
version of Office contains (I have Pro, and I have added Visio and Project,
so I have 9 icons in that folder).
5) Create a new folder within that one and name it 'Tools'.
6) To this one add anything that isn't a main Office program (I'm talking
about the Language Settings, Document Scanning, etc that isn't a main
application).
7) Right click the Toolbar and select 'create new toolbar'
8) Navigate to the folder you have just created and click 'OK' You will
now have a new toolbar that will perform the same functions as the OSB.

--
Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling
on salads.



Can not patch Office XP

Posted: 06 Jan 2005 10:10 AM PST

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for the information. According to the MS web site SP3 is
supposed to included all previous patches. At least that's the way I
read it.

I will try it your way since I have not had any luck and was about to
give up Office XP.


Thanks,

Charles

On 1/7/2005 11:41 AM, Brandon Smith wrote: 

Office XP Pro Custom Installation Wizard

Posted: 06 Jan 2005 06:25 AM PST

MS Access (other than Snapshot Viewer) was set to Not Available.
Freshly built PC on each occasion with no Office installation whatsoever.

"JarrE" <ulrik.uio.no> wrote in message
news:com... 


How can I install Office 97 on Windows 2000 system?

Posted: 06 Jan 2005 12:45 AM PST

Thanks, I've already installed it, but it doesn't work correctly. On Windows
98, it used to put links in the start menu. It doesn't in Windows 2000. In
the programs menu, instead of having a link to Office, there is a link to
Office Setup. Also, everytime I start Windows, my dialer pops up. I can't
seem to tell it not to do so.

"Hank Arnold" wrote:
 

installing upgrade on a new computer

Posted: 05 Jan 2005 05:17 PM PST

rhubarbny wrote: 


None whatsoever. Your upgrade licence is now void. You see, when you use a
product to qualify for an upgrade the two products become inseparable and
one cannot be sold or given away without the other. If you no longer have
the *original* qualifying product, then you do not qualify for the upgrade.
If you want Office on the new system you must purchase the full version.
--
Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling
on salads.



Running Office 2000 & 20003

Posted: 05 Jan 2005 11:21 AM PST

You might want to give Virtual PC a try then. There is a 45 day trial
download available on Microsoft's site. The beauty of that solution is that
you do not need to shutdown and restart the Windows session to have access
to the other version of Office.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to
the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal
account will be deleted without reading.

After furious head scratching, jbc asked:

| I don't need daily access to Office 2000. Right now I have a dual
| booting machine with Windows 2000/98 and that is working fine.
| Before I did that, I tried to have 2 versions of Office on the single
| boot machine. I remember following the microsoft instructions and it
| running fine MOST of the time. I can't remember the particulars
| anymore, but there were certain features that didn't work correctly.
|
| I don't have a problem creating a dual booting machine, I still need
| to go back to Office 2000 once in a while and want to make sure that
| everything is running properly 100% of the time. I get slightly
| nervous when I look at a kb article and microsoft doesn't really
| recommend having 2 version on the same machine.
|
| Thanks for the input.
|
| jbc
|
| "garfield-n-odie" wrote:
|
|| That would work too, except that you would only have access to one
|| version of Office at a time, and a dual-boot configuration would use
|| more space on the hard drive because of having to install two
|| operating systems.
||
|| jbc wrote:
||
||| Garfield,
|||
||| Thanks for your quick response. Would it be better to have a dual
||| booting machine?
|||
||| jbc
|||
||| "jbc" wrote:
|||
|||
|||| Hi,
||||
|||| I'm getting ready to purchase a new pc. The pc will come with
|||| Windows XP. I need to run 2 versions of Office Professional (2000
|||| & 2003). What do I need to do to have both version of Office run
|||| properly?
||||
|||| Thanks.
||||
|||| jbc


OE will not send after upgrade / restore

Posted: 05 Jan 2005 09:24 AM PST

com wrote: 


OE has nothing whatsoever to do with Office. It is part of IE. Please repost
in the appropriate place (i.e. an OE group).
--
Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling
on salads.



Lost OE and Outlook Calendar & Contacts

Posted: 05 Jan 2005 09:20 AM PST

Creat a new mail profile under Control Panel->Mail Icon->Show Profiles->New.
Do not copy the old profile.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to
the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal
account will be deleted without reading.


After furious head-scratching, com asked this group:

| Hello,
|
| Using XP Prof on a Dell PC with Office Proff 2002. After buying
| Office Prof 2003 it was upgraded. The install / upgrade went fine.
| But now in Outlook express I lost my contacts and email.
|
| In Outlook 2003 the calendar is lost. Can you help? It is a
| different location for the files and folders?
|
| Is there a Microsoft support document for a 2003 upgrade?
|
| Should the upgrade disk have asked where the old folders where or at
| least broadcast an information window explaining after the upgrade
| everything would be lost or need reconfiguring?
|
| Thank you,
|
| com
|
| http://clickers.org
|
| microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers, microsoft.public.office.setup,
| microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlooke xpress


can not install office 2000 on win 2000

Posted: 05 Jan 2005 06:17 AM PST

No need to re-post. Just explain in more detail what problems you are
having. Office2K runs fine on Win2K. We need to know the errors you are
seeing and any errors showing up in the Event Logs.

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

"Tim" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com... 


Re-installing Office XP Standard on a New Computer

Posted: 04 Jan 2005 09:43 PM PST

Clayton wrote: 

You tell the OP to be careful not to break licence agreements when you have
told them to do precisely that! No, "any" will *not* work - the EULA is very
clear on that. If the OP no longer has the *ORIGINAL* (and only the
original) qualifying product then the upgrade licence is null and void - you
see, once you use a product to qualify for an upgrade the QP licence is
amalgamated into the upgrade licence and, essentially, they become one and
the same licence. If you give away/sell the QP you must also give away/sell
the upgrade with it.

--
Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling
on salads.



error 1321 setup cannot modify c:\config.msi\??????.rbf

Posted: 04 Jan 2005 08:21 PM PST

Thanks i saw that one already, no help there. It was set that way already.
Thanks for responding. If I find I fix I will post it.

Clayton

"Susan Ramlet" wrote:
 

What Office version is on CD?

Posted: 04 Jan 2005 05:33 PM PST

Hi,

Great, I had looked in the root of the CD. I did not think to look in
the sub directories, shame on me.


Thanks,

Charles

On 1/4/2005 11:46 PM, Geoffw wrote: 

Path to Personal Folders (Outlook)

Posted: 03 Jan 2005 11:27 PM PST

I have the Problem that, we have 15'000 Clients. The Path to the Users PST
Files is in MyDocuments. The My Documents Folder ist redirected to Server
Share (\\server??\userhome$\user????\).

Wenn we must change a Server in a location we must move the Userhome
directorys to another sever. (The name of the server change) or a User change
the location we must move the Userhome to another server.

The Problem is Outlook save the UNC Name to the PST File
(\\server??\userhome$\user????\otlook\outlook.pst) Wehen the servername
change outlook d'ont find the File.
outlook.pst is not the Problem i find the Path in Registry, the Problem are
the Personla Folders that the users can creat self. I can not find the
Registry entry, .ini File or what ever.

I need a Script that can run on Client and change this Paths.

Sorry for my English i speek (Swiss)German ;-)

Thanks

The Outlook Version is 2003!




"Clayton" schrieb: