Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - Is 6 pt available in Arial font?

Microsoft Word - Is 6 pt available in Arial font?


Is 6 pt available in Arial font?

Posted: 04 Apr 2013 12:32 PM PDT

Is Arial font available in 6 pt. or 4 pt.?

can highlight colors be adjusted in Word 2003?

Posted: 04 Apr 2013 11:00 AM PDT

I'm working on converting a massive document from WordPerfect to Word.  Certain sections are highlighted in pale yellow, pale green and pale blue.  The highlight color selection in Word 2003 isn't comparable (the only light blue available is turquoise, which prints so dark one can barely read he black text.

 

Is there a way to adjust the 15 highlight colors?

 

Alternately, my office is thinking of upgrading to MS Office 2013...are the options any different for highlighting with 2013?

 

Thanks for any help.

Replacing text in different case

Posted: 04 Apr 2013 07:27 AM PDT

Hi Guys

I'm working on a document in Word 2013, where I want to replace an abbreviation (typed in upper case) that appears many times with the full phrase (in lower case). The problem is when I hit replace the full phrase appears in upper case! I don't recall having this problem in Office 2007 or before. Is there something I should turn on or off so I can replace in lower case?

In document from template, Quick Parts>Field for Document Title, not updating

Posted: 04 Apr 2013 07:24 AM PDT

I have created a Document Template in Word 2010, and from the Quick Parts>Field menu I added several Fields that should contain the Document Title.

In the Template, all Title fields I added were showing the correct title that I added in Document Properties, "Go to File>Properties>Show Document Panel & fill in the Title".

However, when I created a new Document from this Template and changed the Title in the Document Properties panel, none of the Title fields I added updated and still say the message "Go to File>Properties>Show Document Panel & fill in the Title".

Am I missing a step here? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ASK QUESTION

Posted: 03 Apr 2013 06:28 PM PDT

Why I cannot post any word 2010 into my college blog. It always give me the option to save it ..always save it. And when I send this document to other students they never can open my word docx.  I need just to tell me how to fix it. I need just a simple .doc intead of .docx extension . Thank you

In MS Word I Cannot display F1 Help & Cannot locate "Symbols" on the Insert drop down.

Posted: 03 Apr 2013 03:08 PM PDT

Heading or taskbar has changed and I cannot insert symbols (not on the insert drop menu//// Help does not display and neither does the assistant.

Customizing (Normal.docx and Building Blocks)

Posted: 03 Apr 2013 01:41 PM PDT

I spent the time customizing my Microsoft Word 2010 software for the group by storing styles, building blocks, etc. that are specific to our company and have deleted the Microsoft Built-in Building Blocks.  I stored all this customization in my normal.dotm, normal.docx and building blocks.docx files. I am ready to push out to the group but have come across an issue. I have done a trial with someone in the group and have emailed them the three templated documents to replace on their hard drive. When we did this that person does see what I have customized but also still sees the built-in default Microsoft stuff that I have deleted. What is the best way to resolve this issue?

Old word docs unreadable

Posted: 03 Apr 2013 08:58 AM PDT

I have saved a load of old word documents from an old laptop to an external drive. It seems now that when I plug in the drive to my new vaio with windows 8 and office 365, I can't open them. They appear as OOBE.Document. How can I open these and work on them again?

"Wrap to window" how to implement on a formatted document?

Posted: 02 Apr 2013 05:44 PM PDT

Office 2003 on XP SP3.

I'm not sure how to describe this situation but I'm copying and pasting text from a PDF to Word and need to save it as a .txt file.  The line is wrapped so it doesn't go the full width of the screen.  I'm doing this to copy to an ereader (ebook reader) and can't have truncated lines everywhere.  Is there away of deleting all that wrapping in the document?  Under Tools, Options there is a Wrap to Window option which is unchecked.  What else can I do?


 For those of you struggling with reading PDF's on ereaders, converting them to .txt files really works.  You can't convert images, tables and other fancy stuff of course but the text is a dream to work with resulting in faster page turns and easy control over font style and most importantly SIZE.  Just copy and the text (use the Select Tool with Foxit) and paste to a document in Word that you save as a .txt file.  The file size is dramatically reduced as well.

Paragraph borders & shadowed text

Posted: 02 Apr 2013 03:05 PM PDT

When I both put a border around a paragraph AND shadow some of the text in the paragraph, the border doesn't print on those lines with text formatted as having the font shadowed (prints OK on all other lines), even though the entire paragraph appears bordered in print-preview. Any ideas what's going on? Thanks!

Cross-references

Posted: 02 Apr 2013 02:20 PM PDT

A user said that when she updated the cross-referencing in a document, a little "book with a pen writing on it' showed up at the bottom of the screen when she did this.  After her boss removed some of the cross references, she updated and the book showed up with a red 'x' on it.  I've never even noticed the book.  What is it and what did the red 'x' signify?

Word, how can I allow other users? On administrator, Word says other users are allowed, but when I sign on as another user, Word is not available.

Posted: 02 Apr 2013 11:07 AM PDT

I have Windows XP on a 5 year old Toshiba laptop.  I've had Word 2007 for years.  I now want to make Word available to a different user.  As the "administrator", I give permission for the other user.  But when I sign on as the other user (I've tried it with 2 different user names), there is no sign of Word, and apparently no way to get it.  

Hyperlink URL text to a local document

Posted: 02 Apr 2013 10:35 AM PDT

Hello,

I am looking to hyperlink a citation that begins with a URL (e.g., "http://www.census.gov/ - Median Household Income.") to a file saved in my local folder. Currently, if I select the text and hyperlink to the document, the physical text shown in the citation will change. For example, if I have the citation "http://www.census.gov/ - Median Household Income." and I hyperlink it to a document entitled "Median Household Income," the text shown in the citation will change to "Median Household Income.xlsx." 

This does not occur if I change the order of the citation. That is, if I have the citation "Median Household Income - http://www.census.gov/" then I can select the entire text of the citation and hyperlink it to the "Median Household Income" Excel file, and I am left with the citation text as originally entered as well as a hyperlink that takes me to my Excel document. So, this leads me to believe it has to do with the fact the URL is listed first in the citation. Obviously if I could just change the order then I wouldn't have brought this to the forum, but it is important I list the URL first in my citation.

Thanks for your help in advance,

EDIT: I suppose I should add that the "citation" I refer to is a footnote, if this makes a difference.

How to add page numbers to a book made in word 2012

Posted: 02 Apr 2013 08:44 AM PDT

Hello everybody,
     I have just created my project book in word 2010. It has
1. A title page
2. A certificate page
3. List of Contents
4. chapter wise written code like chapter 1 --Introduction, some 20 pages,a blank page, then chapter 2 some 30 pages,a blank page, .....

What I want is how to start page numbering at chapter 1 without numbering the blank pages and continue the numbers till conclusion, i.e., last page.

I think I made my problem clear in some way. Please help me achieve this. Thanks in advance.

How to do a Pass/Fail check in Word field?

Posted: 02 Apr 2013 08:26 AM PDT

I have a table in Word 2010.  Cell B7 has a product formula.  B8 has a product formula.  I want B9 to say "pass" if B8>B7 or "fail" otherwise. 

I have tried {IF B8>B7 "true" "false"}, but it does not evaluate the expression.  It just gives me "true" no matter what.

I have tried {=IF(B8>B7,1,0)}, which gives me the correct evaluation, but only outputs the numbers.

I have tried {=IF(B8>B7,true,false)}, which outputs 1 or zero, just as above

I have tried {=IF(B8>B7,"True","False")}, which throws a syntax error

I have tried {IF(B2<B1,"true","false") }, which yields a blank cell

Is there a way to pull this off?  I would not be opposed to having the pass/fail test done in the text outside of the table if I must.

I'd be mighty appreciative if someone could chime in with the magic formulation.  I can't believe this is beyond the capabilities of Word.

Thanks

"We're not showing definitions because we're having trouble connecting to Merriam-Webster."

Posted: 02 Apr 2013 01:05 AM PDT

Hi all, I've been getting this message in Word 2013 for at least the last 24 hours and off and on ever since I upgraded.

 

If I use the Define command in the context menu, I get an IE error page that tells me navigation was canceled. When I refresh this page, I get a page about the security certificate being invalid. If I choose to continue on to the site, the m-w.com environment does appear, but closing out of the app and using Define again takes me back to the start.

 

As a writer I've long relied on Word's integrated dictionary. I didn't complain when it went away. I didn't even complain when my best choice going forward was Merriam-Webster. But if we're not going to have an integrated dictionary anymore, the app substitute really ought to work, don't you think? The longer it doesn't, the more time I spend at oxforddictionaries.com.

MS Word 2010 document properties

Posted: 31 Mar 2013 11:54 PM PDT

Dear All ,

 

How to disable to write functionality once a doc file has been saved and right click on it,

 

navigate to properties -> Details - > Origin.

 

I want to block the modification of the parameters such as Author,Version etc...

 

Thank you ,

Nilay

Printing sections of a document

Posted: 31 Mar 2013 08:54 AM PDT

I have a word document with numerous sections from which from time to time I need to print specific sections only. Is there an easy way to identify the section number I need  to print from and to rather than having to count the section breaks from the start of the document, I thought it may be easier to use print selection but that omits the page numbers in the footer.