Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - "look up' function has stopped working.

Microsoft Word - "look up' function has stopped working.


"look up' function has stopped working.

Posted: 02 Feb 2013 11:26 AM PST

I'm using WORD 2010, and the "look up" function has stopped working. The Thesaurus still works, but I cannot look up words in my document--I have to use the internet! This started a few days ago, and I cannot get it to acknowledge that it is not working! I've tried hitting "update" on the "look up" section, and it says everything is up-to-d, ate. The "look up" dictionary is the Encarta Dictionary. This is what I usually use, however, I have Bing, Factivia iWorks, and High Beam (TM) Research installed under the research sites, as well. I have not changed any settings, except to hit update. Please help!

In Word 2003 this message keep poping up "The document contains no comments or tracked changes" when I wantt to see the changes I know I have just made?

Posted: 02 Feb 2013 07:56 AM PST

In Word 2003 with Tracking Changes on I can see the change in the doc as I am making. Then I click on Accept All Changes in Document and the display of the changes becomes hidden. Nothing that I do will show the changes. When I click on Next a message comes up "The document contains no comments or tracked changes." Yet I know that it does.

Find and Replace number sequences

Posted: 02 Feb 2013 05:15 AM PST

Using Word 2010.  I have a long series of telephone numbers where the "-" is missing.  They appear as (111) 1111111 instead of (111) 111-1111.  I need help designing a Find and Replace fields to locate and replace various phone numbers with the "-".

How do I change full justification settings

Posted: 02 Feb 2013 04:30 AM PST

I use Word 2010. I want to have full justification within each column of a three column newsletter.

When I type in a new line - almost immediately after the second word in the sentence it begins to justify. If I type on two words in the line - one is justified left and one is justified right. The last line of a paragraph will justify with huge spaces.

In my 2010 Word "Hyphenation Options" box - there is no % but rather, inches.

Display of Calibri font in Outlook and Word 365 is corrupted

Posted: 01 Feb 2013 01:48 PM PST

How can I repair the corrupted display of Calibri (body) font in Outlook and Word 365? Can I download/reinstall Calibri font files?

 

The display of Calibri font on one of my computers was corrupted at some point during or after upgrading to Windows 8 (from Windows 7) and to Office 365 Home Premium (from Office Home & Student 2010). This problem never existed prior to the upgrades.

 

I first noticed this in Outlook text e-mails where the font was a gibberish of music notes and symbols (I do have music software installed on my computer by the way, to include Sibelius 7, Pro-Tools, Adobe Creative Suite CS6 apps). Display problems with Calibri font also exists in Word (which I understand works within Outlook). No other fonts or apps on my system have this problem.

 

Steps I have taken so far (that have not resolved the problem):

 

  1. Tested other apps and fonts to determine which are affected
  2. Ran scan for virus/malware (IOLO System Mechanic Pro) and no viruses or malware were detected
  3. Determined that display of Calibri (body) font is the only corrupted font, and only in Word and Outlook 365
  4. Determined that Calibri font works fine in all other Office Apps (Excel, Access, Publisher, One Note)
  5. Deleted Calibri font from the fonts folder (but somehow applications still find and use Calibri)
  6. Ran the Office 365 on-line repair function, but corrupted display of Calibri in Outlook and Word still exists
  7. Submitted my question to this forum :-)

 

 

Note that although I changed the default Outlook fonts to Arial, when I reply to messages, the automatically generated From, Sent, To, and Subject header information is still in the (corrupted) Calibri font, though I can highlight and change that font to one that works.

 

Note also that this is apparently only a display problem. If I forward an e-mail with corrupted Calibri font to another of my e-mail accounts and access it from any other computer or smartphone, the text displays properly.

 

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

 

 

I would like to create a template in Word 2010 where the first few pages are numbered i to vii and the rest from 1 - 100

Posted: 01 Feb 2013 09:40 AM PST

The contents, list if illustrations etc are numbered with lower case Roman numerals and the rest of the main pages numbered with Arabic numbers.

How do I fix my Tab button

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 06:51 PM PST

So I was writing a paper and I needed to indent my paragraph twice but when I pressed the tab button twice, the WHOLE paragraph moves. So I right-clicked and did something so that I could press the tab button twice without having the whole paragraph move and now I can't get it back to normal. I like doing my study guides in lists so I'll have the question numbered  and the answer next to a bullet. Usually I can just press enter then tab to get to the bullet but now I can't (since i did that right-click thing)

Here's how I want it:
  1. What is 2+2?
  • 4
How I get It:
  1. What is 2+2?
  2.  4
Please tell me how to fix it. Thank you!

Outline numbering to continue on level 2

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 12:38 AM PST

I want to number book sections and chapters as follows:
A, 1, 2, 3,
B, 4, 5,
C, 6, 7, 8
 etc.

Note that I want the 'heading 2' to continue numbering through the first level. But if I set this to "continue previous list", I still get the numbers re-starting with B, then again, with C, etc. Any ideas?

word 2010 mail merge labels - cannot tell what label vendor & product # is being used.

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 08:03 AM PST

What label option is being used in this Word doc?

Hi,

I've received a Word 2010 doc that has 10 labels/pg created using Mail Merge. I would like to know what label vendor & product was selected for these labels. (Ex.: Post-It 2500-H 3-1/3" x 4").

I've searched around in the doc, even clicking thru the 'Table Tools' contextual tabs ('Design' & 'Layout'), but can't seem to get that information.

Thanks.

Add image to style

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 07:06 AM PST

What is the best way to use an image with a style?

I would like to use textheaders (styles) and on the background an image (just for the text alone)

tnx

When can i get A LIP danish for office 2013

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 06:47 AM PST

I´ve got office 2013 plus through HUP but only in English, when can i get a Danish LIP ?

Word 2013 it crashes right when I try to open a blank doc.

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 05:10 AM PST

I just loaded Office 2013 and when I open word 2013 it crashes when I try to open a new doc.  It also crashes when I open a old document as soon as I try to work with it.

I have office 2010 and it always worked great. 

 I have windows 7

Is there a way to create a chart in my Word document from maimerge data?

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 11:07 PM PST

I'll try to explain : I have an excel file with per row client information containing name, address, some other data and spread over 4 columns sales data from for example year1, year2, year3 and year4. I've created a mailmerge document which collects data from this excel file (per row) so I have a seperate page per client which shows his info.

Now, I would like to have on each page a chart created from that sales data, so this chart should be dynamically updated with the info which is on each page (and of course is different). Is there any way to do this automatically? I really can't get my head around this. When I add a chart it starts a small (new) excel file, and there seems no way to link the chart to either info on the word document itself, nor to the excel file which I use to gather the mailmerge data.