Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - ALIGN PICTURES AND TEXT IN WORD DOCUMENT

Microsoft Word - ALIGN PICTURES AND TEXT IN WORD DOCUMENT


ALIGN PICTURES AND TEXT IN WORD DOCUMENT

Posted: 13 Apr 2014 03:00 PM PDT

Hi.  It's me again with another stupid question and I'm sorry to ask, but I've tried to get an answer by researching "help", etc., to no avail.  All in the world I want to do is align some pictures with some text so that when the action is complete the text is not as small or big as the picture and or the text is centered while the picture is aligned left or vice versa.  I hope I'm making sense.  I am attaching a file and entered a note on the first page in red that may make more sense, but I'm not sure-I just hope so and hopefully you will be able to see what I have and what I would like to have.  

As you can see, if I try to make it happen the way I would like it to be, then either the text is not where I would like it or the picture is not where I would like it.  I'm so confused and I need so much help.

If anyone is willing to help me, please,  I will be very grateful.  Thanking you in advance, DRU (Boohoo)

OOPS!  No way to attach a file?!?!  I've added a screen print.

Transcriber here looking for ways to macro text /w carriage returns

Posted: 13 Apr 2014 02:43 PM PDT

I'm applying for work with a company  that likes docx files, so suddenly I own Office 2013.

In Open Office I'm able to do this by pairing f3 and a key to paste in both text and carriage returns, essentially tiny paragraphs with a single macro. How could I achieve something similar in Word?

I do a lot of work that looks like this:

Speaker 1: Foo.

Speaker 2: Bar.

Speaker 1: Baz.

  etc 

Manually hitting enter and typing speaker x, tab, and THEN transcribing is less than ideal, I'd like to take care of all this with either a macro or autotext.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Word 2013 unable to open files

Posted: 13 Apr 2014 02:41 PM PDT

Hello, i have office professional 2013 running with windows 8.1, for the last month (until today no problems) from my file menu, i cannot double click on a file and open it, it comes up with the following


"This action is only valid for products that are currently installed"

The D drive is a hard drive (not a cd/dvd drive)

i can however open word and then go in and find the file and it opens ok.

I can also open a file sent via email with no issues by simply double clicking on it, but i cant reopen if i save it to the computer by double clicking it from the file menu.

When using the file menu, i can see a preview of the file, it just wont open

Can anyone help please

Integrating work PC environment and apple home environment - help

Posted: 13 Apr 2014 01:57 PM PDT

I work on office 365 at work from a PC.  However I have recently taken the decision to buy a personal MacBook and an iPad.  I am ready to buy a home premium office 365 to get mac for office and have editable word docs on my iPad .  The main ideal use at work is to take my iPad or MacBook into meetings, view a doc that I have "sent" from my PC ( not sure easiest way?) edit a document in meeting and return it to the desktop PC environment to work on, thus saving time.  The main personal use on MacBook is to get an outlook system, and also to do a similar back and forth syncing of docs on personal projects.  I'd appreciate advice on how simple it is to toggle from work to personal use and how best to set up the relevant systems?  I have admin permissions to download extra stuff at work as we are a small organisation.

also, am I correct in saying that if I send a word doc from PC or Mac  to iPad, then start editing it there but eg go into a tunnel (London tube!) I won't be able to save it on my iPad because it needs to save to the cloud?  Tho if I started it on the iPad it will save to the iPad?  

Thanks in advance for all help

The name in the end tag of the element must match the element type in the start tag

Posted: 13 Apr 2014 11:45 AM PDT

I have an issue with the end tag error and i urgently need it fixed. Could someone please help me?

microsoft word 2007 problem

Posted: 13 Apr 2014 11:32 AM PDT

every time I start my laptop installer icon keep appear.. and everytime I click word 2007.. the same icon keep appear.. keep asking me to install it.. what the problrm is?? I cant open or use my word 2007 and even whole Microsoft 2007.. tis source also keep appear..C:\MSOCache\All Users\{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}-C\..

Help with Word 2010

Posted: 13 Apr 2014 11:27 AM PDT

My computer updates automatically.  Right after updating service packs 2 for office 2010, Word stopped working.  

error message - The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running.  Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86(32-bit) or x64(64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

confused? someone help me please.

I uninstalled and restalled Word and still error message.

Microsoft Word; does not respond when attempting to save also results in the loss of the document

Posted: 13 Apr 2014 10:55 AM PDT

I have Word 2010 installed on my computer and it's started to freeze or hang when I save a file. Any suggestions?

This has never happened previously; and only started after the applying of the latest updates for 8.1 professional.

I have had to switch to Office Org until this is resolved as I continually lose what ever document I am working on.

This may help as well:

Also document recovery does not work.

This happens with previously saved documents causing the loss of the document.

 .tmp files that remain with the following names:

~WRD3361.tmp

~WRL3396.tmp

Thank you

Steve

Error message 30029-4

Posted: 13 Apr 2014 10:23 AM PDT

I have had Professional Plus 2013 installed on my computer for over 2 months.  I just used Word yesterday, and today I am unable to access the program.  When I tried to complete the repair process, I received this error message.  Any suggestions for help?

Does anyone know of a good and easy PDF word document conversion tool or program

Posted: 13 Apr 2014 08:21 AM PDT

I am looking for a way to convert my PDFs two word documents so I can read them them and keep them

Installed Office 2013 - grammar checker works but spell check doesn't

Posted: 13 Apr 2014 07:57 AM PDT

Hi,

I have installed Office 2013. In Word and Excel the spell checker doesn't work, although the grammar checker does. I have checked that the language is set correctly and that the Do not check grammar or spelling box is not set. It makes no difference if the suggest from main dictionary box is ticked or not. The hide spelling errors in this document box is not ticked. Any suggestions?

Time difference between actual time and a saved document

Posted: 13 Apr 2014 07:23 AM PDT

The properties of a document in Excel of Word displays a different time (7 hours) than the actual time it was saved.  How do I fix it?  The computer displays the correct time.  Example - I just edited a Word document at 7:09 am, the properties displays a date modified time of 2:09 pm.

Page numbering in labels

Posted: 13 Apr 2014 04:05 AM PDT

Hi, I have produced a mail-merge document of 38 pages using one of the built-in label templates in Word 2007 (Ineta 105 x 37). Each page has 16 labels but no page margins for a header or footer. So my question is, how can I print the page numbers automatically without inserting a header or footer (no spare margin) and without inserting as a field in the label ( will display the page number on each label and not just once on the page).

Any suggestions please.

Thanks

Dale

how to sequentially add a number to each word in MS word file ?

Posted: 13 Apr 2014 12:09 AM PDT

I am trying to individualize each word in MS word according to its order. 

and I thought by numbering it would accomplish my goal. 

for example 

"1Create 2a 3new 4question 5or 6start 7a 8discussion"

If I can number all the words like so, I will be able to distinguish 2a , 7a,

any ideas on how I can do this? 


I am trying to apply different text setting to each word according to its position in the sentence. 

thanks! 


Need an automated way to convert plain text footnotes/endnotes to real Word footnotes/endnotes

Posted: 12 Apr 2014 11:03 PM PDT

I have several plain-text documents with footnotes/endnotes. The notes in the body are usually marked by a number in brackets ( ex: [1], [2], [3]), and the actual note has the same notation (ex: [1] See chapter 6 for more clarification).  What I'm looking for is a macro or VBA code to automate the process of making the notes true footnotes in Word. There are several hundred of them per document.

Very roughly the pseudocode would do the following

find and select the first note text

find and select the first note position

delete position ([1])

create footnote at current position

add selected text to footnote.text

loop till all notes complete

If it's easier, I could copy the notes themselves out to separate text file to aide in processing if it makes things easier. Any help or suggest or snippets that would get me on my way would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack

cannot run the winword,or excel after installation office 2013

Posted: 12 Apr 2014 10:11 PM PDT

I just install a office 2013 in windows 8, everything smooth. It install itself behind the scene.

After everything done, I went to look for the winword and excel executable file, and run them, nothing happen.

What went wrong?

Thank You.

Ps: The office just bought from the stall and is a licensed one.

Thanks in advance!

How do I fix a blanket change from .doc to .docx

Posted: 12 Apr 2014 05:17 PM PDT

I recently had a supposedly certified person come out to remove malware on my laptop (Sony Vaio running Windows 7). I have Office 2007 on here but I have many older documents that I have left as .doc and I always save everything as .doc. Same with Excel. I have older laptops I use as a writer that require older versions. When the technician left although the malware issue seemed to be resolved I started noticing all of my files had changed from .doc to .docx et al.  He claims that is impossible and that he didn't do anything. Can someone tell me what might have happened? What did he do and how can I fix it? Does this mean my old .doc files from the 80s were actually converted to .docx? We are talking hundreds of files so it is impossible to go and change each one individually, and obviously he didn't alter them one by one.

Just to qualify why I believe this tech did something,  while I was not watching him he had changed the position of my task bar, added tap capability to my mouse pad, and altered the aspect ratio of my screen as if I was some little kid who needed my defaults reinstated. These things he admitted to because I caught him. He clearly had no respect for my personal preferences. I have had other techies also mention to me that they can "fix" the .doc issue but this guy didn't give me the opportunity to decline.

Thanks for your help!