Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - How can I eliminate a gap that appears between the end of footnote text and the bottom of page?

Microsoft Word - How can I eliminate a gap that appears between the end of footnote text and the bottom of page?


How can I eliminate a gap that appears between the end of footnote text and the bottom of page?

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 07:44 AM PDT

My footnotes are suddenly not going to the bottom of the page.  There is a space now between the footnote text and the bottom of the page.  This happened after I deleted a footnote that was strangely appearing twice.  I inserted it again and now I have a formatting problem that affects all footnotes.  I have gone into paragraph and style.  When I turn on the formatting marks I notice a large paragaph sign next to the line that is aotomatically inserted above the footnotes.  I wonder if has something to do with that formatting  which I don't know how to access.

I would appreciate any help

Thankd

Word 2013: Accessing own document styles

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 04:27 AM PDT

Hello,
how do I access my own document styles? If I click on "New", I only see Program-Styles, but not my own. I changed the paths in the Program-Options to my folders. In Word 2010 it works without problems.
Regards,
Carl

Word and Powerpoint 2003 mathematical symbols

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 02:08 AM PDT

How can I insert matrix notation in Word and Powerpoint 2003?

 

Thanks,

Jimmy See

just recently downloaded 2010 starter. When I try to print the paper comes out without print. Same problem with word pad

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 02:51 PM PDT

My starter 2010 and word pad will not print. Paper comes out without print. Ink ok

Error: Cannot open existing normal.dot

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 11:34 AM PDT

I have a Windows7 machine with Office Pro 2003 installed. Wednesday it locked up and I had to restore to a saved restore point. Since then, opening any Word document (or Outlook, which uses Word) give the message:

 

Word cannot open the existing Normal.dot...

 

If I proceed past the warning, it says that the file is locked by another user (there is of course no other user!) and it will only open read-only. On closing Word it attempts to save the changed (!?) Normal.dot, and errors out whether I say yes or no.

 

I've reinstalled Office to no avail.

 

Any suggestions for a frustrated Access MVP working way outside his comfort zone?

 

WORD - Administrator - add-ins

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 10:46 AM PDT

I have a notebook with Windows 7, IE9, Office 2010 and all the latest updates.  I am the sole user and I am an Administrator. When I attempt to remove add-ins and toolbars I get an error message that only an Administrator has these rights.  I am the Administrator!

Word table split over two pages

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 10:41 AM PDT

I have a table that is split between two pages. Is there a way to have the header row appear at the top of page 2?

I just printed about 2,300 labels using word 2010. Most are wrong ZIP code prints with out the "0" 2730 should be 02730

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 10:02 AM PDT

how the h... do I get ZIP codes to print properly?

Archiving files onto dvds. Now a Thumbs .db file in each folder and now I cannot amend the disc.

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 05:13 AM PDT

I have been archiving old files onto dvds.  Last time I tried to access the files, there was a Thumbs .db file in each folder and now I cannot amend the disc.  How can I remove the db files and prevent this happening again?  Many thanks.

Text marked with "do no check spelling or grammar" was skipped

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 05:05 AM PDT

 

I am using Word 2007

I have reviewed all the posted answeres & tried all the suggestions... no luck.

 

While working trying to fix this problem I did have a two instances when spell check

picked up errors, but only for the immediate misspelled work -- and because I was

trying so many things.. I don't remember what I did to "fix" it. But it only fixed that

one word - not the rest in the document, nor any of my attempts worked on future

documents.

 

I believe I have covered all the bases that have been suggested ---I have gone into "proof", "language," & "style"

 

I have no idea why I am having this problem --- everything was fine two days ago!?!

 

PLEASE HELP

 

thank you!

Help with printing 2003 document using 2010 ...

Posted: 25 Oct 2012 02:52 PM PDT

Hi, 

Has anyone experienced problems printing a Word 2003 document in Word 2010 that contains an imported PNG graphic?

I created a Word 2003 template and e-mail this document to a client. The imported graphic was placed in the header of the Word 2003 document similar to a watermark. However, when my client tries to print this document, the image does not print.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Greg

Word 2010 & Speech Recognition to apply Style Headings

Posted: 25 Oct 2012 02:12 PM PDT

System: Windows Ultimate 64x

Software: Word 2010 & Speech Recognition

 

I've just setup speech recognition, worked through a part of the tutorial, and then began dictating into Word and love the results! However, probably because I haven't made the time to complete the tutorial just yet, I am unable to apply Style Headings to selected text.

How do I use speech recognition to apply a Word style heading to selected text?

Thanks,

Buck

 

Macro Programming: Creating a Variable Name

Posted: 25 Oct 2012 06:56 AM PDT

I would like to create a variable name from text and other information contained in variables. I could do this in another language but cannot discover how to do it in VBA. I have some code below. In my document I have bookmarks and variables with the same name. When the user clicks on an area of the document, I want to test to see if the bookmark is in that area, and if it is, display a message box with some help text. As you can see in the code below, I am looping through to test for all bookmarks and I would like to create the appropriate bookmark name from the variable indices and some text.

I tried the command CVar but that just changes the type of variable, not the variable name.

Right now my message box says "BatTip21111" and I would like it to say "Define standy and fully off." Any ideas? TIA.

 

Dim BatTip1111 As String
Dim BatTip1112 As String

BatTip1111 = "Define standby and fully off."
BatTip1121 = "e.g., oxygen rich areas, corrosive, materials or liquids, MRI, high electromagnetic fields"

For i = 1 To 5
    For j = 111 To 999
        If ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Exists("BatTip" & j & i) Then 'Ensure bookmark exists
            If Selection.InRange(ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("BatTip" & j & i).Range) Then
                strBatTip = ???("BatTip" & j & i)
                MsgBox strBatTip, vbOKOnly, "Battery Section Tips"
                Exit Sub
            End If
        End If
    Next
Next

French characters not displayed correctly in Word 2007

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 09:43 PM PDT

I have Word 2007. The Windows keyboard language is set to have both the US English and Canada French keyboards with the Canada French keyboard to be the default input device. My understanding is that the Office Language settings is for proofing tools and the such in the office suite. Either way it is set to Canada French. Results are the same even if I have only the Canada French keyboard listed.

When using Wordpad, Notepad or another non-Office application, clicking ^a will result in the proper â. Yet when you are Word (or Excel or Outlook) typing the same ^a results in ^^a being displayed. Similarly typing 'e should result in è but instead you get ''e displayed. Similar result for the other accented characters such as a, i, o, u, etc.

Pre-pending the CTRL key to the key sequence will give the desired results in Word (or Excel or Outlook) but should only be required if using a US English keyboard. Not when using a French keyboard and it has worked in the past without the CTRL key in the sequence.

Results matrix

     Key sequence             Office application result             non-Office application result
           ^a                                       ^^a                                                  â
            'e                                        ''e                                                    è
       CTRL + ^a                                â                                                    a
       CTRL + 'e                                 è                                                    e

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jason

Can't open Word File because of end tag/start tag mismatch error

Posted: 23 Oct 2012 10:27 PM PDT

I get the following message when I try to open a word document that I prepared for weeks: 
The name in the end tag element must match the element type in the start tag
Location: Part: word/document.xml, Line: 2, Column: 16257916

I've googled and read a few threads here and i think it requires xml experts to fix it. I am hoping if anyone can help me fix it as i've prepared this documents which is of about 70 pages and with lots of diagrams for a really long time and i desperately need it.
Here's the document, i've uploaded to two spaces so that you can download it more conveniently: 
4shared: http://www.4shared.com/file/QlYdTKEK/Anatomy.html
Thank you very much for your help.

Word 2007 randomly stops working when trying to close or save a document.

Posted: 22 Oct 2012 01:12 PM PDT

When trying to close and/or save a Word 2007 document, Word randomly stops working.  I have reloaded Office Pro 2007 3 times and made sure all updates have been installed but still haven't resolved the issue.

Word 2010 freezes when trying to save (problem corrected once but back again)

Posted: 21 Oct 2012 06:53 PM PDT

Last time I found directions to fix the problem on a random site, it worked for a week or two, but it's back again. The directions I've seen on this site (supposedly from tech support), I couldn't find the file/key in question to follow through with the instructions, but regardless others respondents said it didn't work anyways. I could try to find those other directions again, but obviously I'd rather have a long-term fix.

When typing this problem into Google, this appears to be a common issue. I can't imagine why a company like Microsoft will not address this problem in a clear and efficient manner (since it's been around for at least a couple weeks now), and instead is basically telling their customers to go find another company for all future purchases. 

How do I change font size in MS2010 labels?

Posted: 21 Oct 2012 02:55 PM PDT

I am running  Microsoft 2010. How di I change the label size?

How do I set up my word documents to have a book look?

Posted: 21 Oct 2012 01:25 PM PDT

http://s1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc422/kewlkitty123/?action=view&current=SSofStory.

I set up one of my documents to look like this, but it was a long time ago and I can't remember how to do it anymore? Any one have a clue? Please I really need to know.

Hyperlinks in WORD (Word only. I can do it in Excel)

Posted: 21 Oct 2012 12:38 PM PDT

How can you highlight complete document and remove all hyperlinks at once.

Can't open Word files directly

Posted: 20 Oct 2012 09:25 PM PDT

Hi everyone, 

Firstly, I have Microsoft Word Starter pre installed in my computer. 

Then I downloaded MS Office 2010 trial and recently uninstalled it bcos it expired. Now I couldnt double click on the word document to open it. (when i did this b4 i installed MS trial, it opens with MS Word Starter) Instead I have to open Word Starter first, then open the file from there. 

It didnt work when I tried to right click on the word file and choose the default program to open it as MS Word Starter. It's like, when i choose MS Word Starter, it automatically becomes 'open with' 'MS Office Virtualisation Handler'.

Anyone knows how to solve this, so i can open my word files directly? 

Bug in MS Word 2010 "Can't Preview"

Posted: 20 Oct 2012 08:09 PM PDT

The bug in MS Word that you can't preview a Word document while in Word is a big issue.  If it is not fixed in 2010 I don't expect it to be fixed in the next version.

i need product key to use trial microsoft office and home

Posted: 20 Oct 2012 01:55 PM PDT

i am down loading micro soft office and home free down load trail 60 days and i need a product key to activate software