Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - Microsoft Word Works Processor 9.0 Vista...

Microsoft Word - Microsoft Word Works Processor 9.0 Vista...


Microsoft Word Works Processor 9.0 Vista...

Posted: 01 May 2014 02:14 PM PDT

How do you get a image to go in the background and have words on top of it?

Microsoft 2013 Is not working

Posted: 01 May 2014 01:13 PM PDT

I am trying to use Word and it is not opening any documents.  I have tried to uninstall it and it will not un istall.  I have doen virus checks and nothing has popped up.  I have done a disk defragmentation and nothing is still working.  How can I get it to work again? If I uninstall it and use the same key code when I purchased it, will it work again? Any ideas?

Creat a New Tab using a Template in Startup

Posted: 01 May 2014 12:53 PM PDT

I was given a .dotm file which I was told to put in my STARTUP directory.  When I do that, a new Tab appears in my ribbon.  When that file is deleted, the Tab disappears. 

How do I do this?  I want a template document that can be put into Startup and have this Tab appear. 

I have created a dotm file right now.  It contains 1 macro.  The macro works when I open a blank document based on this template.

I closed Word.  I put this template in the STARTUP directory.  But when Word starts, it won't pick up the template.

How do I link the Tab to the .dotm file?  and how do I tell Word to pick up this template when it starts up.  Everything works fine with the original document, I just don't know how to replicate it.

Thanks.

MM

Can you set up input fields to "tab" between each one so that you're not just tabbing inside the input field?

Posted: 01 May 2014 12:22 PM PDT

I'm trying to find out if you can set up input fields to "tab" between each one so that you're not just tabbing inside the input field?

I set up input fields in a word template and  I want to be able to just tab from one input field to another but whenever I click the tab button it just tabs over farther into the input field that I'm in.

Is this possible? Any help appreciated and thanks.

Word does not open due to an error

Posted: 01 May 2014 11:03 AM PDT

Hello there,

I'm trying to open my word 2013 on my new laptop.  At first, it was working well but a few days ago when i tried opening word, the system gives me the following message:  "we're sorry but word has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly.  Word will need to be closed as a result.  Would you like us to repair it now?" and it has 3 options... Repair, (which does nothing), Help (which tries to open an internet window but keeps reloading without opening) and close.  I'm kind oof desperate since i'm on finals and cant use word, even though all my other office products open as excel, power poin and so... PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!!

How do I lower the baseline of a picture bullet?

Posted: 01 May 2014 10:05 AM PDT

I am using a picture bullet that takes up more than one vertical text line and would like to align the top of the bullet with the top of the text, or at least the middle, but have been unable to figure out a way. I've tried adding white space above the picture, but it only lowers the entire line of text where the bullet is located. Here's an example of how it looks now:

The Alpha Numeric Keypad is used for direct entry of text messages, status messages, DTMF interconnect, etc. 

Any help would be appreciated.

How ro set a numeric value in a list with more than 4 digits

Posted: 01 May 2014 09:44 AM PDT

When I try to set a New value to a list and use a number with more than 4 digits, the the program reset the number to 0.

Is it possible to assign a number with more than 4 digits in a list?

Allow cursor in MS Word Protected mode

Posted: 01 May 2014 09:23 AM PDT

I have a protected document with legacy form fields, and some sections that are editable.  There are some pages that are entirely restricted, and when they are clicked on, Word will skip to the next input.  I'd like to know if there is an option or coding that would keep this from happening.  If possible, I would also like to allow the selection of text in the restricted portions.

How do I display guidelines in Avery labels?

Posted: 01 May 2014 09:00 AM PDT

Not wanting gridlines, butGuidelines that show you where the next label begins on a sheet of labels.  These have disappeared since I upgraded to MS 2007.  Is there any way to restore this view?  Thx

[New question split by moderator from a question about Word on the Mac]

Avery labels no longer show outline, how to show outlines? - Microsoft Community

Headings in Outline Format

Posted: 01 May 2014 08:38 AM PDT

I have a very long (800 pages) existing document that has many headings in it.   I would like to use heading styles so that the headings are in numbered outline format, thus:

I.  Main Topic

    A.  Sub-topic

    B.  Another sub-topic

II. Next Main Topic

    A.  Sub-topic

    B.  Another sub-topic

And so on.  I have tried to use Styles to achieve this.  But when I tell MS Word that Heading 1 style is to be numbered with Roman numerals and Heading 2 style is to be numbered A, B, C, D, . . ., what I get is this:

I.  Main Topic

    A.  Sub-topic

    B.  Another sub-topic

II. Next Main Topic

    C.  Sub-topic

    D.  Another sub-topic

I.e., the numbering for the Heading 2s just keeps going from the last Heading 2, incorrectly ignoring the fact that there has been an intervening Heading 1.  How do I tell MS Word that I want the numbering for the headings to start over each time automatically?  This needs to work for all the heading levels.

Thanks in advance.

Alternate page designs in a Word 2013 template?

Posted: 01 May 2014 08:18 AM PDT

Hi All,

Had a look round and can't find anything that really answers my question, wondering if anyone here could help. I'm designing a new Word template to be handed over to a client for them to use when creating new documents - proposals, reports etc. My question is - is it possible to specify alternate page designs that are applied automatically?

I'm looking to effectively produce a two page spread in the template, so the user would create a new document, populate the first page with 'design option A' and when they move onto the second page, the template would apply 'design option B'. From that point on, the document would apply the designs alternately (so page 3 would be A, 4B, 5A etc.)

Am I missing something simple? Or hoping for too much out of a template?

Thanks in advance!

-Mark

something that bugs me in speech Recognition

Posted: 01 May 2014 07:42 AM PDT

My problem may come from expectations formed from using Dragon speech recognition software. I own it but it keeps crashing, and physical problems have turned me once again to the Windows alternative, where I have just encountered a familiar problem. The software quits recording my dictation. It will happen, let me make up a quick example,  in a sentence like, "I understand." I will go to edit that sentence, to insert more words, and to do it I place the cursor before the I and after the opening quotation marks, and dictate I know, with the expectation that the new sentence will read, "I know, I understand." But this dictation will not go through, and the software begins making loud ugly beeps indicating its confusion with the dictation, which interrupt my thought (I'm writing fiction, that matters). To make the software accept the dictation, I have to go make a space there, between the opening quotation marks and the first I in I understand, and then the dictation will go through. Dragon doesn't make you do this (no, its dictation just goes off the rails for other reasons!). I am hoping there is some formatting option I could select somewhere that will work. I hope there is. Frustration with this inability to dictate with the cursor 'against' another word caused me to quit using the software before, and now my arm pain is back! One inserts and edits a great deal in writing and my habit of just putting the cursor where I want to do so appears to be quite well established!

Thank you,

Janet

Chicago

Office can't (won't?) find the original documents

Posted: 01 May 2014 05:57 AM PDT

This is a relatively new company laptop running Windows 7 pro, Word & Excel 2013, and a corporate web based email system.  We send documents back and forth, modify them (it's our job!) and route them accordingly.  I just had a question that something may have been accidentaly deleted from the original and went to the first email to re-download the original to check and see.  The re-download opens with the latest modified document!  And when I check in the directory of the download folder, I see LatestDocument.docx, LatestDocument(1).docx, LatestDocument(2).docx, etc.  (file names are examples) 

Has Windows overwritten all my copies and won't let me do otherwise?  Can I not load or find OriginalDocument.docx?

how do i fix these settings??

Posted: 01 May 2014 05:52 AM PDT

I use Word 2013 on Windows 8. Recently my setting have changed and I cannot figure out how to fix it.

My margins are the default setting but when a new document is open the cursor is at the top edge of the paper. The header is set at .5 but the cursor is still above that. The page doesn't seem to break it looks to be continuous however in the setting, continuous is not selected. Any ideas?

Microsoft Word error

Posted: 01 May 2014 04:58 AM PDT

Hey I keep trying to go onto Microsoft word but it says 'oops something went wrong'.

I cant find out how to fix it or what to do can someone please help me?

thanks

Word 2013 -- Problem with autocorrect

Posted: 01 May 2014 04:26 AM PDT

I tried entering 3 hyphens to create a border line, but it's now creating 3 of them at once. It's only just started doing this.

Is there a way I can correct it?

Thanks

i have to double click on save to save my word document

Posted: 01 May 2014 04:22 AM PDT

When ever i save a word document even when im saving it as i go along and i press save it comes up with this at the bottom so i have to double click to save my document

Second multilevel list in same document

Posted: 01 May 2014 01:37 AM PDT

Hi,

 I'm having some problems trying to create a second multilevel list in a document.

I am able to create the first multilevel list without any problems: I created three styles, Head1, Head2 and Head3, then used 'Define New Multilevel list' to create my first multilevel list. Everything works as it should with this list.

I then created three more new styles, Level1, Level2 and Level3. I placed my cursor on the first line of one of the styles, and click on the 'Define New Multilevel List' option. However, when the dialog box opens, it shows the settings and styles from the first multilevel list.

I have tried changing the settings in the dialog box to link to the new styles and then giving the list a new ListNum Field List Name, but when I click 'OK' it does not apply the new list correctly and instead screws up the second set of three styles that I created.

Am I missing a step here, or is there any reason why this is happening? Do I need to create each multilevel list in a new section?

Thanks!

toc and hyperlinks, Word for Windows 2010.

Posted: 30 Apr 2014 08:54 PM PDT

I think my TOC, which seems correct in all other ways, is supposed to support hyperlinking; that is, clicking on a TOC entry should go to that section or page. But nothing  happens. What should I do to make it work? The Navigation pane does hyperlink correctly and F9 updates correctly.

Still unable to use Word2013

Posted: 30 Apr 2014 08:28 PM PDT

I have uninstalled Office 2103 and reinstalled. The reinstallation was completed and I got a message that I can use the program now but please dont go offline or restart the computer as Office is installing in the background(88% and it ramins at that % even after 1hour). I tried to use Excel2013,PowerPoint2013,  and I could use them. But when I tried using Word2013 I get  the same message as in my earlier question to you (X) We're sorry but Word has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Word will need to be closed as a result. Woud you like to repair now. [Repair now][Help][close].

Why can't I use Word2013?

Auto Populate Auto Correct Settings to be retrieved from a corrupt profile

Posted: 30 Apr 2014 07:16 PM PDT

Hi all,

I have a client here who had her roaming profile corrupted, so I have recreated her roaming profile and local profile on her dedicated machine.

Now the problem is she needs the auto populate and auto correct settings plus building blocks to be retrieved from the old profile.

Is there any way to do this, if yes please help me

Cheers

Josh

Embedded Links in Word from Excel Problem Opening and Saving?

Posted: 30 Apr 2014 05:25 PM PDT

(I have seen other posts and it seems like everyone is having this problem, but I have not seen a solution??)

I have many excel fields linked to a large word document.

Everytime I open word or save it, like many other posts, all the excel fields have to open. 

It is literally impossible to work with the document as it takes 15 minutes to open, 15 minutes to save, etc. 

I have tried to disable all the links by either setting to manual or locked and nothing works.

It DID NOT do this in Word 2007. I have searched high and low for a solution and can find nothing. 

Thought I was moving forward by upgrading to a newer version of word but this is a huge step back?

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Using Text boxes in mail merge giving unexpected results

Posted: 30 Apr 2014 04:39 PM PDT

Hi,

I'm trying to create a mail merge doc using a jpeg as my background and creating text boxes over the areas I want to add information to. Everything looks good in word, and when I print, but if I try to email it as an html I get some unexpected results. The issue seems to be that the image scales but the text does not. I keep trying to to change the settings on my text box from absolute position and size to relative to the page but the changes don't stick. Any suggestions would be welcomed, thanks.

Microsoft Word

Posted: 30 Apr 2014 04:19 PM PDT

I am unable to run Word. This message always comes up.

X We're sorry, but Word has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Word will need to be closed as a result.

Would you like us to repair now.

[Repair now]       [Help]       [Close]

I have tried the option [Repair now] but nothing happens.

I have tried to [close] and restart Word but the same message appears. Can anyone help.

Cycling through a series of check boxes in VBA

Posted: 30 Apr 2014 03:18 PM PDT

In Word 2010 VBA:

I have a user form with several check boxes, say CheckBox1 through CheckBox6.

For each check box, in the actual document, there will be two check boxes (Check1Yes and Check1No, for example). In each case, the "No" box will be selected by default.

If I select a particular check box on the user form - say CheckBox3 - then in the document, Check3Yes should be selected (X'd) and Check3No cleared.

The following code works fine, but I'd have to have an If for each check box on the user form (in actuality there are over 40 of them - not all visible at once, however).

If CheckBox3.Value = True Then
    ActiveDocument.FormFields("Check3Y").CheckBox.Value = True
    ActiveDocument.FormFields("Check3N").CheckBox.Value = False
End If

What I'd really like is a way to cycle through all the check boxes on the user form - maybe with a For loop. But since the check box identifiers (CheckBoxN) aren't in an array, I can't just increment using the array index.

I've tried string concatenation - something like:

For I =1 to 3

   If "CheckBox" & I & ".value" = True then

         ActiveDocument.FormFields("Check" & I & "Y").CheckBox.Value = True
         ActiveDocument.FormFields("Check" & I & "N").CheckBox.Value = False
End If

But this produces strange gagging sounds from VBA (actually, you get an: run-time error

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thank you!