Pages

Search

Microsoft Works - Amortization table length

Microsoft Works - Amortization table length


Amortization table length

Posted: 26 Feb 2008 04:56 PM PST

rod wrote: 
Excellent. Thank you.

gm 

insert problem with works 8.5 word processor

Posted: 23 Feb 2008 10:22 AM PST

it does work, with a couple steps more than with auto insert, but thanks
"Ken" wrote:
 

How to have a blank sheet when I open "Microsoft'sWorks WordProcessor "?

Posted: 20 Feb 2008 01:31 PM PST

Normal.wpt is Works word processor Default Template...

Works can/will create a new default template If it becomes corrupt, simply
go to it's location and delete it, the next time you open Works word
processor a new Normal.wpt will be created.

In your case, because you have created a new template with the name of Blank
Document, you will need to do this to have Works create a new Normal.wpt.

After deleting Normal.wpt, Open Works word processor then....

==>File ==>Save As, in Save As dialog window click Template, in Save As
Template dialog window click Default, then click Reset.

Ken

PS: Normal.wpt is located C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Template for WindowsMe
or C:\Document and Setting\user\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates for
Windows XP.

You will also notice your Blank Document.wpt is also located there.

I should mention, by default, the Application Data folder is hidden on
Windows XP.

To show hidden files.

Go to Control panel and open Folder Options or open My Documents, choose
Tools on the menu bar, then choose Folder Options on it's menu. Either way
opens the Folder Options dialog window. Choose the View tab then tick "Show
hidden files and folders", click OK.

While there you might also want to uncheck "Hide file extension for known
file types"



"Soldier" wrote in message

| 1. Click on Blank Word Processor Document. This will call up document you
| want to get rid of. 2. Click Edit, then Select All (all the text will be
| highlighted in black). 3 Press Delete button on keyboard. 4. Click File
tab
| (at top left of screen), then Save As. 5. Save As box appears. Click Save
As
| Type box and select Works Template. 6. Name in File Name box automatically
| reads "Untitled Document". If it doesn't, type that name in. 7. Click
| Template (at bottom right-hand corner of Save As box). 8. Save As Template
| dialog box appears. 9. In box "Type a name for the template below" type
Blank
| Document. 10. Click box "Use this template for new Word Processor
documents"
| and tick should appear. 11. Click OK. All should be well. It worked for
me,
| only a few minutes ago. The problem was driving me nuts, as well, but I
used
| bits of the other replies that you received to get the desired result.
Best
| of luck.
| --
| Soldier.
|
|
| "URBAN" wrote:
|
| > Hello,
| > I feel such a novice. When I open the Microsoft'sWorks Word Processor
| > (I've a Widows XP Media Center PC) , it is not a blank sheet I have,
| > but a sheet with 3 lines
| > A. True
| > B.Flower
| > C.Scent
| > as it is written above. I know I typed these 3 lines before but
| > somehow I must have done something extra so that they appear all the
| > time now. I know I can delete them and have a blank sheet in front of
| > me, but the point is I DO NOT WANT THEM to appear. What should I do
| > to
| > have a blank sheet as I used to have before?
| > Please help, it is so horriby frustrating.
| > Thanking you in advance,
| > Urban
| > ************************************************** ****
| >

works 2006 and new hp color printer.

Posted: 20 Feb 2008 08:29 AM PST


"DaveLovesTrains" 

Right!
I assert my geekness, by collecting stamps.
To return serve, of he who is to be disciplined
is to always to return the constant questions...
"Dad...what is....."
by explaining all via the perforated paper.

His first homework this being his first year in high school?
"design your own postage stamp, topic WW1"
hehehehe.
(there <is> a God)



Running a report from 2 databases

Posted: 20 Feb 2008 07:25 AM PST


BTW,
it is possible to run your report from 1 database,
"copy report output"
paste this report into a blank database,

do the same with database 2



"rln3333" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com... 


Paragraph formatting

Posted: 18 Feb 2008 08:07 PM PST

I use Works 8. When I want to change the look of a paragraph I highlight it
and make the changes using the drop-down menus and hit enter. The paragraph
changes according to what I asked for. Hope this helps.



"nefret" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com... 


Database: # of filters & reports

Posted: 18 Feb 2008 11:13 AM PST

Hi Rod,

Thanks for your answer. great idea to combine the different reports. Simple
but I never thought about it! Sure I'm going to play with this now.

I already use some spreadsheets as templates. I just delete the old records
and paste the new report-output in it. That's all. No need to change headers
and foorters or columnwidth.

When using your idea I just have to make one step extra: Paste the
reportoutput in a blank spreadsheet and delete the columns I don't need.
After that I can paste everything in the template-spreadsheet.
--
With kind regards,
Leen



Time calculation

Posted: 18 Feb 2008 08:25 AM PST

Time values are stored internally as days. You added 3 days to 10:30.

The time formatted cells will never display more than 23:59:59. If
you go over 2 hours, only the portion over a day will be displayed. So
if you had 10:30 and added 15:00 you will get 1:30. Internally it is
holding one day plus 1:30.

--

Mike - http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/techhelp.htm


"Maryann" <net> wrote in message
news:%phx.gbl... 


full database

Posted: 17 Feb 2008 10:44 AM PST

Hi Petus,

I agree with Rod that a database in this case is better than a spreadsheet.
But if you van't split and you are satisfied with Excel than OpenOffice will
be a real possibility. As you said the OpenOffice database is difficult to
learn but the spreadsheet will, like Excel, do the thing. Is cheaper than
buying Microsoft Office.

--
With kind regards,
Leen


"peteus" wrote:
 

MSWorks 7: Paste Unformatted Text

Posted: 17 Feb 2008 10:00 AM PST

You are welcome and thanks for posting back.

--

Mike - http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/techhelp.htm


"Judy" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com... 


Lost all calander data

Posted: 16 Feb 2008 05:01 PM PST

Re: I did try that but it will not let me open that

You can use notepad to open almost any file, however because mswkscal.wcd is
a data file it will probably not make any sense.

The file needs to be opened with your calendar program.

Where is it located now and which operating system are you using?

Ken


"Hoplesshope" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com...

| I did try that but it will not let me open that
|
| "Ken" wrote:
|
| > Works calendar data is in mswkscal.wcd file.
| >
| > Ken
| >
| > "Hoplesshope" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > news:com...
| >
| > | Hi I sure hope someone can help!
| > | I just had my computer partitioned and the guy who did it can not find
all
| > | my appointments in my calendar. I so need these back asap! I use work
7.0
| > ..
| > | He has saved all my info but we just can't find any files Please can
you
| > help
| > | me!!
| >
| >

Too Many Fonts Message

Posted: 15 Feb 2008 08:41 AM PST

I had that problem on an old pc when I put on a Hallmark program. Tech
support deleted fonts for me and what a mess since some fonts deleted were
needed by pc operating system. I finally had to do a complete recovery. I
got my money back from Hallmark. Never again. In your case I would forget
Printmaster 18 and try a different program.

"bingoman" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com... 


Cannot create new blank document

Posted: 14 Feb 2008 07:19 AM PST

I assume that you're using Microsoft Works Task Launcher. If so, try this: 1.
Start with your Desktop, then click Start button, click Works Task Launcher,
click Programs. This should take you to the page that has the Blank Word
Processor Document icon in top left-hand corner. Click Blank ... Document.
You should see the document that you want to get rid of. 2. Click Edit tab
(top left-hand corner of screen), then Select All. (All the text is
highlighted in black.) 3. Press Delete button on keyboard. Text disappears.
4. Click File tab, then Save As. 5. In Save As box, click Save as type box,
then select Works Template from drop-down list. 6. Name in File Name box
should automatically read Untitled Document. If it doesn't, type that in. 7.
Click Template (bottom right-hand corner of Save As box). 8. Save As Template
dialog box appears. 9. In box "Type a name for the template below" type Blank
Word Processor Document. 10. Click box "Use this template for new Word
Processor documents" to make tick appear. 11. Click OK. You may now find
that you have an extra Blank Document icon on Task Launcher Programs page,
but at least your "regular" Blank Word Processor Document icon will work
again. This procedure worked for me yesterday (26 Feb 08). Let me know how
you get on with this. Best of luck.
--
Soldier.


"Cathy" wrote:
 

Works calendar crashes on opening

Posted: 09 Feb 2008 11:23 AM PST

Got some advice from HP/Compaq as my works was preinstalled,
Downloading KB933828, the microsoft solution did not work
Eventuall advised to restore Works, this did not appear to work immediatly,
but some two hours later the calendar was back
--
Ken Crawford


"Henry Eichel" wrote: