Pages

Search

unable to load office 2003 pro - Microsoft Office forums

unable to load office 2003 pro - Microsoft Office forums


unable to load office 2003 pro

Posted: 19 May 2006 08:12 PM PDT

Who did you buy it from?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
reading.

After furious head scratching, tbc ranch asked:

| I too am not able to load office 2003 pro. I loaded and it tells me
| the product key is not valid! I bought this software when I bought
| my computer, how could it not be a valid product key?
|
|
| "Gyorgy Moldova [MCSE+I, MVP]" wrote:
|
|| http://support.microsoft.com/kb/279223/en-us
||
||
|| "ihaterap" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
|| news:com...
||| I had had officexp for students for several years and recently got
||| a copy of
||| office 2003 pro .when installing it removed my version of office
||| and then began to install 2003.during install i recieve an error
||| 1904-cannot register
||| module c/program files/microsoft office/office11/1033/msrclr40.dll.
||| install
||| stops when trying to install odbc files. then it appears all parts
||| of office
||| are intalled but they are very fragile and sometimes simply wink
||| out and are
||| lost.wwhen i open any application even not associated with office i
||| recieve a
||| eror message, the app or dll C:/windows/sys32/mslbui.dll is not a
||| valid windows image check this with your disktte. any help would be
||| good since the
||| reson for my getting 2003 was because i lost my xp folder with all
||| my disks


WHO CAN CHANGE MY OFFICE FROM INGLIHS TO SPANISH

Posted: 19 May 2006 12:44 PM PDT

Another Possible way is to get your hands on the MultiLingual User
Interface Packs. These are not sold seperately but if you know someone
with an MSDN subscription or purchased office with the MUI pacs then
you can borrow theirs.

Error repairing Microsoft Office

Posted: 19 May 2006 12:08 AM PDT

1st link the download is below 'more information' and above 'read me'
Basically it removes the installer files and enables you to reinstall


"dennist685" <gmail.com> wrote in message
news:com... 
the 
sorry 


Office 2003 Standard MultiLingual User Interface (MUI) installation

Posted: 18 May 2006 10:25 AM PDT

Update Number 2:

As I stated earlier, I applied SP2 to my Office Installation. I
downloaded the SP2 patch for each of the languages I was trying to
install from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5EFD0266-2C4D-486B-A0DE-099E96AE21A5&displaylang=en
I then extracted the files and applied the msp to the msi for the
appropriate langauge with "msiexec /p "%path%/MUISP2-%lang%ff.msp" /a
"%path%/mui.msi"". Unfortunately, I still get the same error.
SkuredLpkSupp still fails.

installing or reinstalling office xp?

Posted: 17 May 2006 01:37 PM PDT

So why did you purchase XP when that version has since been replaced with
2003? (Just curious)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]



"kkeness26" <com> wrote in message
news:com... 


Best way to move administrative installation point?

Posted: 17 May 2006 09:39 AM PDT

You will need to modify the .mst file. A simple text editor will do.
Search for and replace the old server name with the new.

Differences between Access 2000k and 2003

Posted: 17 May 2006 07:52 AM PDT

Thanks for the help, I've just posted it.
Jim

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" <75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com> wrote
in message news:phx.gbl... 
newsgroups and include a bit more detail on what you're 
migrating old databases to new, or writing in the new version 
news:supernews.com... 
http://microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/?dg=microsoft.public.access 


User Name and Company info location in registry

Posted: 16 May 2006 07:44 PM PDT

Thanks very much for the response. The links helped do the needful!

Regards and thanks.

SafeHex
------------

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" <microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:phx.gbl... 

need help on SKU011.cab

Posted: 16 May 2006 03:48 AM PDT

Talk to your company's computer support staff.

Divj wrote:
 

I don't have my Mircosoft Office Disc with me, how do I install?

Posted: 15 May 2006 01:23 PM PDT

>You will have to have someone send you your CD, unfortunately. 

Or, use a competing product that is free to download
http://www.openoffice.org/


John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

How do I remove the password required to get to the desktop?

Posted: 15 May 2006 01:08 PM PDT

I had to help my boss with this issue for one of her home computers. I don't
remember specifically where I found it but I do remember that I found it
using Google. Did you try searching the web?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]



"Lori" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com... 


How do I install Office 97 on a new computer? It won't allow me

Posted: 14 May 2006 09:20 PM PDT

What was the exact error message?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]



"SBP" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com... 


MUI Version of Microsoft Office 2003?

Posted: 13 May 2006 09:02 PM PDT

for testing purposes, yes
"Will" <com> wrote in message
news:com... 


Cannot reload Oiffice 2003 / Or Remove. Access it etc

Posted: 13 May 2006 05:36 PM PDT

I must apologies for the spelling. In my defense, I had been at this for 12
plus hours and when the spell check was taken way with the office product……..
In the end I gave up on the Office Professional 2003 and installed my Office
XP, which is working correctly.

"Bruce in TX" wrote:
 

Folder names in 2003

Posted: 13 May 2006 09:20 AM PDT

granted
"DL" <nothere> wrote in message
news:%phx.gbl... 


Cannot Update to Office 2003: Not an Office adminstrator

Posted: 11 May 2006 08:25 AM PDT

Susan: Many thanks for thinking of me here in the UK,

Curiouser and curiouser:

This was all done for a client of mine, with OEM XP pro, and OEM Office pro.
2003

The reason for the clean install was problems with getting an Epson printer
running properly. (or even installing at all!)
After the install (ASUS SN8 SLI deluxe MB, and ASUS EN7800 GTX graphics
card), also found the graphics card kept reporting insufficient power (even
when 400Watt PSU replaced by a 650 Watt version!!)
When I say kept on, well over 200 open windows, impossible to do any work,
but as the card heated up from 45 to 65 dgrees C, the messages stopped and it
started working OK. So with the GPU at 65 degrees C, we had no Nvidia errors,
SP2 refusing to download, and the Epson would print one document at a time.



Today we replaced the Super duper ASUS 7800 GTX graphics card with a generic
128 meg version based on the 6200 (LE) chip set, as a temporary replacement.
And guess what???

Office SP2 not only went in perfectly, but windows found it, asked if we
wanted to install it, and it all went fine totally at the machine's request.
Customer is now smiling again.

So, what do you make of that?????

Any suggestions at all would be most welcome, as the only one I can come up
with is Voodoo.


David



"Susan Ramlet" wrote:
 

Office 2003 Deployment, Compressed CD Image or Administrative Installation Point

Posted: 09 May 2006 11:04 AM PDT

Hi Chris,

For Roaming Profile deployments the Local Installation Source (LIS/MSOCache) doesn't 'watch' things on a per user basis. The
\MSOCache is shared, when it's damaged it's damaged for any user connected to it, so roaming profiles don't play well against that
limitation, so using the Office Admin point is recommended.

For fail over, if the client PC is connected to the network with the original source the installer will look to that source to
repair a damaged installation/LIS. If there isn't a connection to the original install source the user should be prompted for the
source point/CD to complete a repair.

Note that a compressed CD image and a Local Installation Source (MSOCache) are not the same thing.
http://microsoft.com/office/ork/2003

==============
<<<com> wrote in message news:googlegroups.com...
Looking at the advantages and disadvantages of using a local
installation source (compressed CD image) or an administrative
installation point to deploy Office 2003. I read in the Office 2003
Resource Kit that for roaming users (roaming profiles) an
administrative installation point was recommended vs. a compressed CD
image. Any idea as to why this is the preferred installation method
for roaming users?

Also, if MS Office 2003 is installed from a networked copy of the
compressed CD image, the local cached copy is deleted and the program
needs to install something on first use, what will occur? Will the
software failover to the network compressed CD image, or will it prompt
for a CD?

Chris>>

--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP
 

Pricing and Packages for '2007 Microsoft Office System'
http://microsoft.com/office/preview


Customer Experience Improvement Program

Posted: 09 May 2006 06:48 AM PDT

I did read that document but for some reason it is not off in my install. Let
me give you more details what I'm doing. I'm using custom installation wizard
to roll out only Outlook2003 using MST. During wizard, I'm not making any
changes to features. I'm taking all default settings.
May be this one has to do something with Outlook2003 that is why this thing
is keeep poping up in task notifications area?

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote: