Pages

Search

Installer keeps launching in Office XP - Microsoft Office forums

Installer keeps launching in Office XP - Microsoft Office forums


Installer keeps launching in Office XP

Posted: 11 May 2006 02:18 PM PDT

Hi Susan:
Thanks for your prompt reply.
1. Installer appears every time I launch Word, Outlook, Excel (these are the
programs I use).
2. Have not previously installed Office XP
3. It does not seem to be installing anything.
4. I'll try "Detect & Repair"

Thanks, Mark Flynn

"Susan Ramlet" <susan@mvps-dot-org> wrote in message
news:%phx.gbl... 
mitigates 


Outlook 2003 says that the Text format hasn't been installed

Posted: 11 May 2006 01:23 PM PDT



"Susan Ramlet" wrote:
 
partial version of MS IE 6 or 7! help!!
Dennis 

where do i go to activate my software

Posted: 11 May 2006 10:21 AM PDT

Are you trying to activate XP or Office ? Normally Dell would do it
from their factory. Or did you just install the sw yourself ?
If you are setting up the PC, install everything as you'd like it prior
to activation. That way you shouldn't need to do it again later.( after
adding your apps on there)

http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/activation.mspx
or
http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/activation.mspx




"cp" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com... 

OEM SBS2003 vs retail version ?

Posted: 09 May 2006 11:27 AM PDT


That's what I thought but I see LOTS of vendors selling OEM SBS sw and
wondered how to determine how/if a specific OEM package would work with
a generic box. ie. If I build and AMD/ASUS box and then order OEM
SBS2003 , how do I know that I wouldn't get a version that would only
install on , say ... a Dell server. In which case I have just bought a
coaster.
There are a LOT of these vendors online - selling both the OEM and MS
Full versions. They all state that the difference is only
"upgradeability" .


"Jay" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com... 

cannot activate office 2003

Posted: 08 May 2006 04:17 AM PDT

Good luck.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]



"Della" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com... 


Write a command on a new toolbar button in Office 2000

Posted: 07 May 2006 11:13 AM PDT

Thank you for your help. I was hoping to find out how to get into the
properties of a button to write the commands within the button. I am already
writing the macros and assigning them.

"Gyorgy Moldova [MCSE+I, MVP]" wrote:
 

Proplus.msi problems

Posted: 07 May 2006 08:38 AM PDT

Exactly and when you try to unistall FP it asks for the disks. I'm thinking
that the only recourse I have is to locate the disks, Arrrgghhh! We Have
been going thru boxes.If we EVEr have to do a move like this again, it
probably will be as disorganised as this one!

Thanks for the suggestion, the bad thing is, no-one here ever uses FP, and I
don't know why the it was set-up. It as done a couple of office managers
ago.

Thanks Y'all, Larry

Bob Buckland ?:-) wrote: 

--
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice


Unistalling Office 2003 Pro from one machine and installing it on another one

Posted: 07 May 2006 04:37 AM PDT

Home use programs only allow for a single installation. You will need to
apply to your work System Admin from whom you got the program for any
workarounds for use on a different computer.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
reading.

After furious head scratching, M Shafaat asked:

| Thnak you for your reply.
| My license is called a HUP license, it's not an OEM. It may be used
| on any machine, but only one system.
|
| Regards,
| M Shafaat
|
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
| <org> wrote in message
| news:eQ$phx.gbl...
|| Is it OEM software? If yes, it is only licensed on the one machine
|| and no other. It is an OEM license agreement, not a Microsoft
|| license agreement.
||
|| --
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
||
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
|| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
|| reading.
||
|| After furious head scratching, M Shafaat asked:
||
||| Hi,
||| I have a license agreement for installing Office 2003 Pro only on
||| one machine, even if both belong to one user and regardless of if
||| it is a laptop or desktop PC.
|||
|||
|||
||| Now I have installed it on my laptop, but want to move it to my
||| desktop PC i.e. uninstall it first from the laptop... But I guess
||| that due to MS license control, it is not possible, because when I
||| installed it on the laptop, the licence was registered to be used on
||| the laptop and not by any other machine. How can I solve this
||| problem?
|||
|||
|||
||| It cannot be legally correct from Microsoft to stop paople from
||| using their legal program lcenses whenever they want to move the
||| program installation to a new machine, e.g. when they want to sell
||| or upgrade their machines .
|||
|||
|||
||| Regards,
||| M Shafaat


How do I cure a 'fatal error has occured '

Posted: 06 May 2006 08:58 AM PDT

Hi.

Try the following steps prior to re-installing Office.

(1) Rename the Microsoft Office folder under C:\Program Files.
(2) Back-up the registry and then delete the following keys-

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office

Once you have deleted them, restart the computer and then try re-installing
Office 2003.

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,

Mittu


"Peter Foldes" wrote: