Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - Text boxes size printing

Microsoft Word - Text boxes size printing


Text boxes size printing

Posted: 09 Feb 2014 01:48 PM PST

I tried printing a text box of a certain size. 14.7cm by 14.7cm. When I printed it without text inside it its that size. When I add text the box gets smaller without changing the size.

HELP

Word constantly running into error and asking to repair. Consistently not working.

Posted: 09 Feb 2014 01:08 PM PST

I have Word for Office 365 and I've had this problem that no one else seems to be having.  Every time I open Word, it shows the following message:

"We're sorry, but Word has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Word will need to be closed as a result.
Would you like us to repair now?"

and then it provides me with the options "Repair Now", "Help", or "Close".

I have clicked "Repair Now" on multiple occasions, choosing both the "Quick Repair" and the "Online Repair".  Both of which work for one time use before I am greeted with the same message about an error.  After dealing with this message 10 times, I have finally decided to make a post as I cannot find anyone else running into the same problem.

I have already uninstalled the whole program completely and re-installed it.  I have bought the package and have it installed on my laptop as well as my desktop.  My desktop has no problems with it whatsoever, only my laptop.

My laptop is an Asus Zenbook UX31E, Intel Core i5, 4 GB RAM, 64-bit Operating System.  It has a SSD, so the memory is only 111 GB, but it is not full and still has 44.4 GB free, so there is plenty of room for Word to run.

This happens with all of my Microsoft Office 365 products, so it is not limited to Word.  If anyone has any suggestions or can help me resolve this issue, that would be phenomenal. 

Word 2013 and touch screen scroll issue.

Posted: 09 Feb 2014 08:59 AM PST

I am using a surface with Word 2013 and the touch screen scroll does not always work. Can someone let me know if this works the same on their Surface 2 pro.

  1. Open a document (or create one) that is long enough to scroll on your screen.

  2. Change your view to 'draft' or 'outline'.

  3. Does your document scroll via the touch screen?

Mine only scrolls via the scroll bar on the right hand side of the screen. Every other view mode will scroll without the scroll bar except view 'draft' or 'outline'. Is this by design or is it a bug?

Gary

XML Problem: I can't open my Word 2007 docx file (Start/Endtag Problem) - Fixit doesn`t work

Posted: 09 Feb 2014 07:57 AM PST

Hi there,

I have a big problem and I hope there is somebody who can repair my Word-Document (or at least save the text somehow).
After my flash drive crashed, I used a data restoring software and managed to get back this important Word-File, but now I can't open it.

The Fixit solution of Microsoft didn't work. I read about fixing the problem with an XML-Editor, but I have no experience with that.
The most important thing would be just the text. It would be fantastic if someone could restore this work (which took me nearly two weeks).

I uploaded the docx and the xml file here:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-8602999/Studienarbeit_-_Anw._Fallstudienseminar_-_Robert_Fromm_-_32874.docx.html
http://www.file-upload.net/download-8603008/document.xml.html

Thanks a lot in advance! You would save me a lot of time.

greeting Robert

Microsoft Word

Posted: 09 Feb 2014 07:54 AM PST

I have word 2002 and XP. I downloaded a template required for my technical paper by the conference.
I received a message that some things could not be implemented because my word is old.
What version of Microsoft Word should I get for my XP to get a newer version?
Does anyone know how much I need to spend.
Thanks

The download file is in code

Posted: 09 Feb 2014 07:21 AM PST

what do I need to do to read the downloaded pdf file?  I am using Office Word.

Is there any way to update the APA citations for Office 2013 to APA 7th edition?

Posted: 09 Feb 2014 06:40 AM PST

Currently Office 2013 is using APA 6th edition, and there are a few significant changes in the reference page between the 6th and 7th editions so when making a references page, we are forced to manually update it, or convert it to static text and then make the appropriate changes.  

Is there any way to fix this currently, or is there an APA 7th edition patch coming?

Thanks

If I deselect "Formatting" in Show Markup, why is it not persistent?

Posted: 09 Feb 2014 02:02 AM PST

I use Word 2007 with Win7.

In Review > Show Markup, I don't want to see "Formatting" in the bubbles.

When I deselect "Formatting", all the formatting bubbles disappear. That's fine.

However, if I (a) turn Change Tracking off, and do some editing, then (b) turn Change Tracking on, the formatting bubbles re-appear.

When I open Review > Show Markup, I can see that "Formatting" is again selected.

I would be grateful for any advice.

Can't change voice in text-to-speech tool to desired option.

Posted: 08 Feb 2014 11:14 PM PST

I've been trying to select Microsoft Hazel Desktop - English (Great Britain) as the default voice for text-to-speech. I can preview the voice and change the voice speed, but once I click Apply, OK and go back into Word, it is still set to Microsoft David Desktop - English (United States) - although, oddly enough, the voice speed settings have changed to what I selected.

If I choose Microsoft Zira Desktop - English (United States) instead, the changes also work after clicking Apply, OK. It's only if I try to use "Hazel" that it reverts back to "David".

As an Australian, "Hazel's" voice best reflects our pronunciation of words and is much easier to listen to for large sections of text. As a copywriter, I use this tool to read through all my client copy as part of my proofing process.

Any ideas why I can preview "Hazel" but the settings don't stick?

I'm running Windows 8 using MS 2010.

Word 2010 shows open or locked when trying to open doc

Posted: 08 Feb 2014 10:26 PM PST

I'm trying to edit a document I created and closed the other day.  Now when I try to open it for edit it shows "in use" or locked by another user.  If I say open in read only it just opens a doc with several pages of gobble-dee-gook.  I cannot delete file either to start fresh.  How do I get file to open for edit or delete it to start over?  I can edit other dos with no issues.   However, when closing Word program locks and becomes non-responsive.  I have kill it with Task Manager.  Word Version 14.0.7106.5003. Thanks.

Adding Digital Signatures in Office 365 Home Premium

Posted: 08 Feb 2014 08:53 PM PST

Hi,

I have tried to install a digital certificate on a document in MS-Word, but have constantly drawn a blank,

I followed the steps on tutorials, but could not proceed.

This is what I did

1. Clicked on the Insert menu, then Text, followed by Signature Line

2. I filled in the details in the Signature Setup dialog box

3. On pressing OK, the signature line appeared showing X and a line with my name beneath the X

According to the tutorials, I should double click on the signature image for adding images to the signature. However, if I do that I get the following message:

Before you can add signatures, you must save the document in a format that supports digital signatures. Do you want to save in a supported format (Yes/No)?

I have tried saving it, using a blank document etc. However, I cannot get around to the stage of adding an image to the signature.

Does anyone have an idea about why this is misbehaving?

Regards,


Word 2013: numbered headings are printed in reverse order

Posted: 08 Feb 2014 06:32 PM PST

Hi
Using Office Word 2013, I've crated a right-to-left article.
The problem is when I try to print the document, all the headings, which are arranged in a multilevel format, would be printed in reverse.
Here is a snapshot describing what will be printed instead of the heading number.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4e4fc05q7otcjt/wordNumbering.PNG
(1.1.4 instead of 4.1.1) (right to left)
Thanks for your help
Hassan

How do I keep Equation Editor from resolving a character?

Posted: 08 Feb 2014 06:15 PM PST

Often I want to use a character like a hyphen, forward slash, double-quote, etc. that has special meaning to the Equation Editor.  I'm told there is a way to tell Equation Editor not to resolve these character and instead use them literally.  But I cannot find anything in the support files.  In fact, I can find very little in the support files on Equation Editor.

Office 365 will not open Excel or Word files created in Office 2010, but Outlook 2013 runs fine

Posted: 08 Feb 2014 06:01 PM PST

what do I need to do to get word and excel  from Office 365 to open and run? after instll of Office 365, neither excell nor word will run nor open a file created in Office 2010,  but Outlook 2013 runs fine

word macro

Posted: 08 Feb 2014 05:18 PM PST

Hello to all
I have a document that has a lot of excel graphs imported into word 2010. When i copt and paste them the format of the graph changes so i need to manually apply a standard graph model and change the size of it.
is there a way to do this in vba?
i tried to record a macro but the result is null ( no code inside it)
So i believe i need some code that changes the size and axis properties for the selected graph, in word 2010.

Best regards
Peter