Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - Words breaking when using wingdings

Microsoft Word - Words breaking when using wingdings


Words breaking when using wingdings

Posted: 17 Nov 2013 01:08 PM PST

I have converted a document into wingdings but I can see that the words are being broken up. I have tried changing font size and spacing. Office Word 2010. Can anybody help?

word 2010 Selection.GoTo What:=wdGoToPage, Which:=wdGoToNext, Name:="3"

Posted: 17 Nov 2013 12:55 PM PST

Hello from Steved


Selection.GoTo What:=wdGoToPage, Which:=wdGoToNext, Name:="3" "and it goes to page 3"


Looking at the above, I have a "5 Page" document And I want to run a macro only on the page Selected, in this case "Page 3" is this possible please.


My end goal is no matter where I'm at in a document I only want the "Macro" too deal with the selected "Page Only".


So far I've tried to change this script     If Selection.End = ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("\Sel").Range.End Then

I've the changed it to     If Selection.End = ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("\Page").Range.End Then


My thinking is, If I know how to put in Bookmarks ( I do not know how to go about this } at the end of each page My question then being can VBA  go to that particular bookmark and tell the macro to stop. Maybe this is an option I just don't know.

Thank you.

Can't save files on Microsoft Word or Office programmes

Posted: 17 Nov 2013 12:10 PM PST

Could anyone help with why I can't save any documents on Word?! When I click save, save as, or open is comes up with the screen to save but doesn't show a box to enter a file name, and doesn't have any way of searching my files or to save it into a different folder.. I've opened Excel and PowerPoint and it's the same on there, and when I uploaded this photo, it was the same on that screen...

How do I make citations endnotes instead of inline parenthetical citations?

Posted: 17 Nov 2013 11:40 AM PST

I am attempting to use Word's bibliography and citations feature for the first time.  For an assigned paper I am writing, the requirements are to use the Chicago Manual of Style and for citations to be in endnote format.  By default, Word inserts citations as inline parenthetical citations.  Is there any way to change this so that the citations are endnotes?

Thanks

Page numbering

Posted: 17 Nov 2013 11:20 AM PST

Hi all. I've got a question. I don't know how to start page numbering from etc. fourth page. I mean, example: I've got ten pages. And I need page numbering from fourth page. On the first three pages won't be numbers and it starts from page number four.
Sorry for my bad English.
Thank you for every reply :)

Adding multiple rows to a table

Posted: 17 Nov 2013 10:23 AM PST

I am trying to add multiple rows to a table in Word 2010. I know my way around Word and have made lots of tables but can't find a way, other than continually hitting the tab key, to add rows to my tables. I saw the answers from community members on how to do this. I used their suggestions and right clicking and inserting doesn't add multiple rows and etc.  HELP!!

How do I insert printer's registration marks?

Posted: 17 Nov 2013 09:02 AM PST

Registration marks on proof pages look professional. Sometimes they're helpful to the printer, who must line up certain things. The problem is how to position them. Imagine lines connecting the edges of a 6x9" page for the printer, where you are printing proofs of that page on 8x11.5" paper. You might have true crop marks at the corners of the 6x9" page. (For true crop marks, see http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2013_release-word/user-crop-marks-how-to-set-them/d27041d8-61ab-4d06-a99d-e1280a1d16cc and especially Suzanne's "How to Create Crop Marks".) The 4 registration marks are positioned just outside those lines: top, bottom, left and right. Naturally, the marks are not included in the finished product, and the lines themselves are always imaginary.

The mark itself is a circle on a large "plus"-like sign. It's Unicode 2316 and is found in MS fonts Arial Unicode, Cambria and Cambria Math. (Maybe there are others.)  Here's the Arial version. It does not get rotated when positioned. Sorry it's so tiny!

⌖ ⌖ ⌖ ⌖ ⌖ ⌖ ⌖ 

I know, a row of them doesn't compensate for their small size here.
 

How to report bug in word to Microsoft?

Posted: 17 Nov 2013 07:06 AM PST

Hi all,

The bug:
Starting from word 2007, word 2010 and word 2013 contain a known critical (resulting in crash and lose of documents) bug.
When saving docx document, one may run into "A File Error has Occurred" error, or crash.
The bug itself is described&discussed (for example) here : 1,2. Here's a screenvideo.
The most acceptable workaround (using ".rtf" instead of ".docx") still have many side effects.

I've got an ".rtf" file, which demonstrates the bug. Word crash is 100% reproducible, using this file. I wish to brought attention of microsoft's developers to this file, since, I hope, they are interested in fixing word's crashes.

Submit bug options I know:
  1. I've tried to ask about how to submit a bug report through online technical support chat.
    They've just pointed me to https://connect.microsoft.com/office , saying that this is the way bug reports should be sent (although it's impossible to submit Office-related bug report there).
  2. My company's IT department told me I should try " https://support.microsoft.com/contactus/emailcontact.aspx?scid=sw%3ben%3b1513&ws=MoreInfo&wa=wsignin1.0%2cwsignin1.0 ".
    (Still no answer).
  3. Evidently, ask someone on a community site (i.e. here) to submit a bug report.

 

So,

  • If someone is able to submit a bug report on this, won't you please confirm this bug and submit it?
  • Are there any other options to submit a bug report?

Thank you!


Microsoft Word 2010 - File Permission Error - Havoc

Posted: 17 Nov 2013 06:47 AM PST

Application: Microsoft Office Word 2010
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic

Firstly, I want to appreciate the Microsoft Support. They give quick responses. But as usual, Microsoft products are causing Havoc in my life.
One fine day, I open a word document, add some content and save it. I then open it again and try to save it and it says 'Windows cannont complete the save due to a file permission error. (C:\Users\SHASHANK\...\Normal.dotm).'
So I navigate to the above path which is 'C:\Users\SHASHANK\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates' and delete this file called 'Normal.dotm'. I try to resave and it does.
So basically every time I open a word document, save it and close it. This 'Normal.dotm' file mysteriously appears in the above mentioned path. If I delete it, it saves. 

But I don't understand why does Office save stuff into Roaming, for that matter why do I even have a Roaming folder when I am the only user and not connected to a Network. Basically Office is on a mission to self destruct. It saves so much application/profile data when I don't want it to. 
Please find a solution to my problem.

PS - This problem is not with any one particular document but any document I create.


Thanks
Shnk

Anyone know how to copy/paste new rows into a table?

Posted: 17 Nov 2013 12:41 AM PST

Have been using MS Word for 47832473829 years and suddenly I can no longer copy/paste new rows into a table


You will see that where I tried it created a new/different table

I have resorted to Insert>Row>Below - one at a time

Anyone know how to copy/paste new rows into a table?

Personally I think it's a bug - like the font bug which seems to be default property of the document - so the only way to correct this is to create a brand new document

Obviously I dont know but I the gurus must hit this bug daily

Actually tried it on Office 2003 & 2007 and Windows XP and Win 7

Saving Word Line Spacing

Posted: 17 Nov 2013 12:33 AM PST

When I want to decrease the spacing between paragraphs of a Word doc, I go to paragraph settings and then, adjust the line spacing.  I click on the button that says to save this setting as a default for all Word docs, but it doesn't hold that default setting for me.  The next time I use Word again, I notice that the default setting that I just created doesn't hold.  

Then, I reset the line spacing between paragraphs, save it and close Word.  When I restart the program, the change I supposedly made to the default setting hasn't held.   

How can I fix this so that the change I make is permanent?


Unable to save files in Microsoft Word 2013

Posted: 16 Nov 2013 11:34 PM PST

I am using microsoft word 2013. After I work on an existing microsoft word file, I can't save I have done to the file. When I hit "CTRL+S" it always perform as " Save As" and I have to save the file in different file name. What can I do?

How Do You Remove Previously Typed Content From Word That Keeps Re-appearing?

Posted: 16 Nov 2013 11:33 PM PST

Re.  Word 2010, being used with Windows 7 Pro

A couple of weeks ago, I typed some thoughts onto a blank Word doc.  I didn't intend to save what I typed, so I simply closed Word when I was done with my work.    Since that time, every time I open Word or open a new document in Word, I see the content that I typed a couple of weeks ago instead of a blank document on my screen.   I then delete the unwanted content and begin typing.   This has never happened to me before in 20 years of using Word.

How can I permanently get rid of this content so that when I open Word or open a new doc, I see nothing besides a blank sheet on my screen?

Word 2013 will not open

Posted: 16 Nov 2013 08:43 PM PST

Earlier today I was using Word 2013 to write a paper. It was working fine, until it said that it needed to be repaired. So I did the quick repair. That didn't work apparently because now everytime I go to open Word 2013 I get a message saying, "Something went wrong."
How can I fix this?

Also, now I'm trying to repair it. The quick repair says it's repaired and ready to use, yet it still won't open. When I click on Online Repair, it says it can't be repaired.

Default Header Issue

Posted: 16 Nov 2013 06:16 PM PST

Can anyone please tell me how to stop Word 2007 opening new documents with a header. Each time I open a new document the only way that I can enter text is in a header. If you click "remove header" al the text disappears and when you click anywhere on the page the header opens again. Thanks

the resource dll cannot be loaded error

Posted: 16 Nov 2013 03:41 PM PST

Every time I start my microword 2013 I get a "the resource dll cannot be loaded" error message. I close it out and word processor seems to work fine. I restored whole micro office 2013 but it still happen. Any help would be appreciated.

Word count on Surface RT Office not working?

Posted: 16 Nov 2013 03:29 PM PST

Hi! Just today the word count on Microsoft Office RT stopped working when it had been working just fine!  It won't update automatically or count the words on a new or past document. I've tried restarting my Surface twice.  Any suggestions?