Pages

Search

Microsoft Works - Re-installing Word

Microsoft Works - Re-installing Word


Re-installing Word

Posted: 03 Mar 2006 12:32 PM PST

Thanks you guys; problem sorted.
--
Craig Fitzpatrick

Convert Outlook 2003 .pst file to Windows Address Book .wab

Posted: 02 Mar 2006 09:09 PM PST

Re: I'd also like to figure out a way to get away from MS but it looks to be pretty hard.

Hi Larry,

You might try OpenOffice.

http://www.openoffice.org/

OpenOffice.org is a multiplatform and multilingual office suite and an open-source project. Compatible with all other major office suites, the product is free to download, use, and distribute.

Ken

"Larry" <slavens001(removethis)@aol.com> wrote in message news:com...

| I purchased MS Office 95 and have used Outlook extensively for my addresses
| and calendar. I purchased a new HP computer with Windows XP and a trial
| version of Office 2003.
|
| While on vacation my trial version ran out!
|
| I don't wish to purchase the Office 2003, I've already paid full pop for the
| Office 95 version! Is there a way to "cheaply" convert the Outlook 2003 .pst
| file to the Windows Address Book? I'll use it until I decide what else to
| use. The cheapest I've found for converter software is $29.95.
|
| I think that trial version stuff is BS! I won't purchase another HP
| computer with trial versions on it. I'd also like to figure out a way to get
| away from MS but it looks to be pretty hard.
| --
| Larry

spell check in e-mail

Posted: 02 Mar 2006 02:45 PM PST

I have Works 2000 version 5.0 and spell check works in OE.
"Ken" <ne> wrote in message
news:%phx.gbl... 


problem regarding opening files of works 3.0 in works8.0

Posted: 02 Mar 2006 10:54 AM PST

hi michael
well i have the works 3, but i can't import the database in works8.0
then do works 4.5 support the works 3.0
thnaks in advance
mini

"Michael Santovec" wrote:
 

corrupt wps file produced by works 95

Posted: 02 Mar 2006 08:56 AM PST

Maybe this would be of value to you:

Works Recovery (WPS, XLR, WDB)
http://www.officerecovery.com/works/index.htm

--

Mike - http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/techhelp.htm


"Gary Roach" <ca> wrote in message
news:phx.gbl... 


microsoft works word processing

Posted: 01 Mar 2006 07:50 AM PST

WORKS word processing uses a different code and does not
have the same features as WORD [another Microsoft product,
part of the OFFICE programs] bit it does do the basic
functions.


--
The people think the Constitution protects their rights;
But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
some support
http://www.usdoj.gov/olc/secondamendment2.htm
See http://www.fija.org/ more about your rights and duties.


"tommy" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com...
| hello just need to ask if works word processing is the
same as normal word
| processing ?


Works 8 - sorting a list alphabetically

Posted: 01 Mar 2006 06:54 AM PST

Re: when I used microsoft word with ME, if I made a list of say dates or
names, not necessarily in order, I was able to arrange them either ascending
or descending as well as being able to arrange them in alphabetical order. I
don't seem to be able to do this on Works 8. Is it possible?

Hi,

My Works 6.0 does not have the sort feature either.

What I do.....

Cut the list of Dates or Names from Works Word Processor, paste into a
column on Spreadsheet, sort as desired, copy and (paste special as
unformatted text) back into Works Word Processor.

Hope this helps,
Ken

"Ken" <ne> wrote in message
news:%phx.gbl...

| Re: Whenever I type a new document in Works and realize that I have made a
| mistake, say, left a letter out of a word,when I try to insert the letter
I
| find that the next letter in the word gets deleted and so on. How do I
| rectify this?
|
| Hi,
|
| I have Works 6.0 and am using WindowsMe.
|
| Down on the right hand corner of a open Works document (OVR) displays,
| grayed out or highlighted.
|
| Double clicking will change it.
|
| Hope this helps,
| Ken
|
| "elmbridgeboy" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
| news:com...
| | Can anyone help me with a couple of questions?
| | Whenever I type a new document in Works and realise that I have made a
| | mistake, say, left a letter out of a word,when I ty to insert the letter
I
| | find that the next letter in the word gets deleted and so on. How do I
| | rectify this?
| | Also, when I used microsoft word with ME, if I made a list of say dates
or
| | names, not necessarily in order, I was able to arrange them either
| ascending
| | or descending as well as being able to arrange them in alphabetical
order.
| I
| | don't seem to be able to do this on Works 8. Is it possible?
| | Many Thanks
| | Ian
|
|
|


DO I NEED TWO HAVE 2 WORKS INSTALLED

Posted: 01 Mar 2006 03:05 AM PST


"Miss Rose" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com...
 

Just let us know the full filename like "MyFile.wps"





Powerpoint Vieer

Posted: 28 Feb 2006 03:40 PM PST

Dont you have to download attachments before opening them? Are you
using Outlook expres as your email editor or are you using a web based
interface to open your email? ( Like Hotmail etc)

note card template

Posted: 28 Feb 2006 01:30 PM PST


"Bubba" <rr.nospam.com> wrote in message
news:ai3Nf.57172$texas.rr.com...
 

Works has these.



Right to Left Paragraphing? How to do this in Works?

Posted: 28 Feb 2006 11:48 AM PST


"phoenixrave" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com...
 

Ah, grasshopper. You ask many questions that a wise man cannot answer.
Perhaps if you climb to the very summit of Mt Bellevue, WA, you will find
the Oracle called Gates and he can answer (but I doubt it).



Backing Up Works Files

Posted: 26 Feb 2006 02:49 PM PST

Thanks!

"Kevin James - MSMVP Works" <org> wrote in message
news:%phx.gbl... 


Opening a Works Word Processor Document with Word

Posted: 25 Feb 2006 12:20 PM PST

if those documents were created with Works 6.0 you need this converter for Word

The Works 6.0 converter enables users of Works 2000, Works 4.x, Microsoft
Word 2000, Word 97, and previous versions of Word to read documents created
in Works 6.0.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=B9E11E83-F51B-4977-B572-8C042DF802C1&displaylang=EN


"stumped" wrote: