Pages

Search

Microsoft Works - Works Suite 2005 Calendar

Microsoft Works - Works Suite 2005 Calendar


Works Suite 2005 Calendar

Posted: 01 Aug 2005 11:44 PM PDT

Hi sus,

From Desktop.... Start >Programs >Microsoft Works >right click Microsoft
Works Calendar, select Send To, click Desktop (create shortcut).

This will put Works Calendar icon on the desktop.

Ken

"sus" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com...

kind of related..l do either of you know how to get works cal or for that
matter any cal to display on the desktop ?? thks!!
--
sus


"Ken" wrote:
 
where 
Works 
boots? 



Conditional calculations in Works Spreadsheet?

Posted: 01 Aug 2005 07:15 PM PDT

You're welcome..

Perhaps you might be interested in Kevin James - MSMVP- web site...
http://www.btinternet.com/~kevin.james1/index.htm

Also his Guide to Functions can be downloaded here....
http://www.btinternet.com/~kevin.james1/Functions.zip

Ken

"DrDon" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com...
 
didn't realize that the function says, IF this condition is true, put THIS
(value/result of function) in the current cell, otherwise put THIS
value/result in the cell. Now I can have some fun.



Curious about new version of Works

Posted: 31 Jul 2005 08:41 PM PDT

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 23:41:09 -0400, "Sue Feder" <net> wrote:
 

I know I used ( and enjoyed ) the Works Word Processor.

Now, they include the fancy MS Word Processor,
and I can't figure out how to drive the damn thing.

It's become a case of;
"too many options".... "too many bells and whistles".


<rj>

works Suit 2005

Posted: 31 Jul 2005 06:45 AM PDT

Thanks for your help.
I do not use a floppy on my computer, I have a sec. harddrive, and a DVD
writer.
I have put a CD in to the drive, but no difference.
I tried to delete history, but as soon I click on History on the navigation
bar,I get please insert disk into drive.
and the computer freezes up, with program not responding.
I actually have to turn the computer off, nothing works any more.
Rgds. Santaclaus

"Kevin James - MSMVP Works" wrote:
 

Works 7 - Coloring individual entries or records

Posted: 30 Jul 2005 11:30 AM PDT

Hi, Chuck,
My thoughts for answering your question were so simple, I thought there has
to be a more complex and automated solution. Anyway, for what it is worth,
using a Works 4.5a spreadsheet (.wks) instead of a database (.wdb), I am able
to highlight and format any individual cell containing an entry that I might
want to color, choose a color and save. This is manual, but any entry that
falls within your range could thus be colored to your choice of color. I'm a
novice, and there might be something I'm missing here, but I thought you
might want to give it a try.
Hope this helps.
dorothy g

"Gualtier Malde (Chuck)" wrote:
 

Works 3.0 for Windows 3.1 "Application Error"

Posted: 26 Jul 2005 11:29 PM PDT

Thank you Michael for your help!

"Brand new" meant - newly unwrapped version of Works 3.0 because our
original disks from 1993 were corrupted.

The printer attached to the PC is too new for that machine. We found that
if we press 'Ignore' twice to the Application Error message, then we can
enter Works with no problem.

Thanks a million for your prompt reply!

- Marianne.

How to convert works 4.0 (files) (windows95) to Excell 2003 (win X

Posted: 26 Jul 2005 03:37 PM PDT

Do you still have Works 4?

Since you mention going to Excel, I presume these are Works
spreadsheets. You can open them in Works 4, then do a File, Save As to
Excel (*.XLS) format.


--

Mike - http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/techhelp.htm


"Configuracion windows xp"
<microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com... 


Works 9

Posted: 26 Jul 2005 02:44 PM PDT

There may be a Works 9 next year.

Task launcher 7.0, won't start.

Posted: 26 Jul 2005 11:22 AM PDT

Thanks for your help Kevin, I tried your suggestions however I sussed out
the problem. Having tried for three hours to microsoft tech.supp.(who were
realy great I must say, nothing was to much trouble) any way they got me on
the path to sussing my problem. I found an "ALIENWARE" skin "DARKSTAR" was
causing all the trouble. The micro. people got me to create a new user
account as they suspected my original acc. was corrupted. (we had tried a
load of other things befor this) The new acc. worked, I was well pleased,
pleased until I re-skined my new acc. and again "Works task launcher"
dissappeared. So I then knew what my problem was. So beware of this Alienware
skin.
Thanks again Kevin, & a big shout to the Irish guy from the microsoft works
tech.dept. who was so helpfull.
Therion.

"Kevin James - MSMVP Works" wrote:
 

Works 8 Word Processor

Posted: 25 Jul 2005 06:54 PM PDT

Hi,

I have no knowledge as to how emachines restore cds function.

Sorry,
Ken

"Smz" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com...
No, it doesn't say what files are missing. I did what it says on that
article, but to no luck. I do have the restore cds that did come with the
computer, so I'll try those then. Just to be sure though, would it completly
re-install everything or just the programs that came with it (So I can
back-up stuff on here before using them)?

"Ken" wrote:
 
those 
resolved 
noticed 
with 
This 
if 
would 


Date in DB summary field

Posted: 24 Jul 2005 03:34 PM PDT

Hi Dave,

I have never used Works 4.5, was not sure if what I use in my Works 6.0
would function.

Thanks for the reply,
Ken

"Dave" <net> wrote in message
news:Wp9Fe.16888$news.atl.earthlink.net...

Hi Ken,
Thanks, I successfully added the date to a "summary cell" in a DB report.
Thanks, Dave

"Ken" <ne> wrote in message
news:phx.gbl... 


MSWorks Calendar: No "Saturdays"

Posted: 23 Jul 2005 05:17 AM PDT

Jim, thank you very much for your helpfulness and suggestion.

When I looked at the "View" menu, unfortunately my program had nothing about
days excluded. It showed "Day," Week," Month," "Toolbar," "Reminders," and
"Category Files."

- When clicking on "Month," I got the same old bugaboo: no
Saturdays/right-hand column on the graphic.

- Interestingly, though, when clicking on "Week," all seven days show
up.

Also, I right-clicked on "Calendar 1" on the upper left of the month
graphic. It offered "Options" and then "Calendar Settings." However, with the
latter I could only set the first day of the week. When I set Saturday as the
first day, then the right-hand Sundays column did not show.

Thank you again, though, for trying to help me dig out of this frustrating
predicament.
--
Richard B


"Jim Macklin" wrote:
 

.wps files from Windows 3.1 - How To Convert?

Posted: 22 Jul 2005 03:09 PM PDT

Hello All,

This is Construction_Mike again. I found a very good solution
to my problem.

I guess my boss and I didn't inspect his old Works program as
closely as we could have. Here's the answer. The 3.0 Works program
allowed him to save his old .wps files as .rtf files and then they can be
opened on his new computer. Voila!

Sorry to bother all of you and thank you for the
advice and help.

Mike


"Construction_Mike" wrote: