Pages

Search

How do I uninstall Office 2000 Pro without the original setup dis. - Microsoft Office forums

How do I uninstall Office 2000 Pro without the original setup dis. - Microsoft Office forums


How do I uninstall Office 2000 Pro without the original setup dis.

Posted: 31 Jan 2005 10:13 PM PST

Yes you can, Milly.

In early 2003 I was given a computer. It already had Office Premium
installed on it. (This was the *only* software - I promise - that was
not given to me lock, stock and license.) Since I have Office 2000
Standard, I wanted to uninstall the Office 2000 Premium and install
the Standard. The person who gave me the computer had no idea as to
which of the four different Office 2000 Premium CDs he owns was the
correct one. And he lives over 1,000 miles away from me.

On May 12, 2002, in this newsgroup, Michael Williams posted the
Rosetta stone message that gives the concept:

"In the C:\ Windows\Installer folder are the setup 'executables' for
all programs installed using the Microsoft Installer, and by trial and
error, I found that '4a5343.msi' was the installation routine for
Office. Double-clicking this file starts the same installation
routine normally accessed by means of the 'Add/remove Programs'
control Panel applet, permitting repair or removal as required."

That particular .msi file didn't exist on my machine but using the
concept and Windows Explorer and XP Home and pausing my cursor over
each appropriate .msi file until the information bubble showed the
"Subject" of each file, I was able to find that the two relevant files
for the full install of Office 2000 Premium that I was trying to
remove were "6a921.msi" - Eng Office CD2 ship and "6a843.msi" Eng
Office Premier ship. Clicking on those files took me to the Add/Remove
uninstall dialog box. I was able to uninstall from there. After
removing the one version of Office 2000, I installed the Office 2000
Standard version that I own.

BTW, my Office 2000 Standard uses "39686.msi" as its magic .msi file.
I just tried it.


On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 23:23:05 -0800, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<org> wrote:
 

Printing from Entourage

Posted: 31 Jan 2005 05:13 PM PST

Thanks, Bob. I did, and of course forgot to include my OSX version (10.3.7)
and my Office version (2004). Appreciate the advice. Jay

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:
 

Product Activation Fails

Posted: 31 Jan 2005 04:41 PM PST

Check out this article...

The Microsoft Office 2003 Activation Wizard disappears when you use
the telephone option to activate a Microsoft Office 2003 license

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875452

Good luck!

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html


On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:41:00 -0800, "Mitch Alleman"
<microsoft.com> wrote:
 

sounds.msi missing

Posted: 31 Jan 2005 12:57 PM PST

Thanks!

"Craig" wrote:
 

outlook to broadband

Posted: 30 Jan 2005 07:21 PM PST

you stated not starting OE. How do I not start it?

I did try test mail but it coming to OE but as you can tell I don't know how
to not start OE.

Thaks for your help.

Duckman

"DL" wrote:
 

Office 2003 SBE OEM - can I install on laptop and home PC?

Posted: 30 Jan 2005 05:48 PM PST

Thank you, Chris.


Looks like that's the way to go!

"Chris Schatte" <com> wrote in message
news:com... 
Office 
only 
reseller 
retail 
at 
and 
to 
new 


I cannot install Office XP sounds

Posted: 29 Jan 2005 05:09 PM PST

sounds.exe results in the message I referred to in my first post. The
installer wants sounds.msi, which isn't on my machine nor the Office XP CD.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
 

Pre-Install Office 2003 Basic on Sysprep'd XP Image?

Posted: 29 Jan 2005 08:00 AM PST


"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<org> wrote in message
news:%phx.gbl... 

You mean Windows OEM CDs? Or Office OEM CDs? Because both come with OEM
Preinstallation Kits if you buy three or more at a time.

I've since read about the Office 2003 OPK, just like the Windows XP OPK,
which will let me do what I want to do. It might not be SYSPREP but it
looks like it'll do.

It's not a matter of installing product keys like sysprep lets you do (with
volume product keys) - I want to put together a preinstallation kit,, image
it, and on first startup have it ask for the product key. The big OEMs do
this, so (for whatever price) I should be able to, as well.
 

OK, now THIS is begging for commentary! But I think I'll keep it to myself
(or at least out of THIS forum...)

--
PGP key (0x0AFA039E): <http://www.pan-am.ca/ca.asc>
What's a PGP Key? See <http://www.pan-am.ca/free.html>
GOD BLESS AMER, er, THE INTERNET. <http://vmyths.com/rant.cfm?id=401&page=4>


Change option property word

Posted: 29 Jan 2005 01:25 AM PST

> Are you using the Office Resource Kit to install Office? There are tools 

Hi.
Yes we use ORK with a mst file to install office. The only thing we can do
is to get
the username in AD as name in word. And our usernames is short and
not full name.
I tryed to put username= in the setup.ini but not working. We also tryed to
put USERNAME= in the setup syntax,but nothing happens.

Do you know how to set the correct name and initials in office 2003 when
installing??

Magne


How can I find Product Key in my pc system?

Posted: 28 Jan 2005 04:55 PM PST

You can't find it on your system. Even programs like Belarc only
provide you with the Windows key and not the installation key for
Office, although it will give you your registration number.

The key is located on the back of the jewel case that housed your CDs.
If you no longer have that, and if you are a registered user, you can
call Microsoft and they will give you a key to handle the
installation. Well, at least they DID. Whether they will still do this
for Office 2000 as a support issue, you'll have to find out by calling
them. There may be a charge for this service.

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html


On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:55:01 -0800, "=?Utf-8?B?dmVnYXNncmFubnk=?="
<microsoft.com> wrote:
 

missing fonts

Posted: 28 Jan 2005 04:05 PM PST

WinXP is not listed in the "applies to" section... that doesn't mean it
doesn't apply, just that Microsoft hasn't tested the solution on WinXP.
If you have access to another computer that has this font installed,
you can try copying the .ttf file from there to a floppy, and then
installing the .ttf from the floppy to your computer through Start |
Control Panel | Fonts | File | Install New Font. That's all the ideas I
have at this point. If you want to try the registry fix described in
the KB article, make a backup copy of your registry before proceeding.
Or maybe someone else will come along with a better suggestion.

gvm wrote:
 

installing office XP but won't let me due to a product compliance.

Posted: 28 Jan 2005 12:15 PM PST

It means that you are trying to install an "upgrade" version of Office
XP, which requires that you have Office 97 or 2000 already installed on
your hard drive or that you have the Office 97 or 2000 CD available to
insert into the CD drive when prompted for a qualifying product.

Brianne1982 wrote:
 

Install everything once and for all?

Posted: 27 Jan 2005 09:59 AM PST

Thanks Chris and John!

Fred

"Chris Schatte" <com> wrote in message
news:com... 


Office 2003 Errors

Posted: 26 Jan 2005 09:22 AM PST

Oops...sorry, forgot to add this articles..

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884298&Product=off2003

Good luck..

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

Where is new reader in 2003?

Posted: 26 Jan 2005 02:56 AM PST

To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel |
Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If
OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch
it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No
button.

You may need to reset the Menu Bar and/or restart Outlook and/or reboot your
machine in order to complete the process. Not everyone is reporting success
with this method, but try it and see what happens. If all else fails, you
can always create a desktop shortcut to Outlook Express and include the
/outnews switch -- that gives you the same result as accessing the
newsreader via the News command in Outlook.


--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to
the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal
account will be deleted without reading.

After furious head scratching, David Williamson asked:

| I have followed the method of attempting to customise the
| "command/go" menus but the "news" item will not transfer across into
| the "Go" menu. There is no icon alongside the "news" item. I have a
| news account running in Outlook Express at present.
|
| Can't find anything in Help or on Office online help.
| All advice greatly appreciated.


Office 2003 reinstallation

Posted: 26 Jan 2005 12:34 AM PST

I have had the same trouble. If I ring Microsoft to obtain new activation
codes, will I have to pay the $35 fee?

"Andi Cole" wrote:
 

Activation and replacing a hard drive

Posted: 25 Jan 2005 10:31 PM PST

"Andi Cole" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:com... 

The drive was restored, supposedly without loss of files.

I just clicked on Help | Activate product and a message stated that I was
already activated.


writing in French and Spanish

Posted: 25 Jan 2005 06:25 AM PST

Waiting for the punchline.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to
the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal
account will be deleted without reading.

After furious head scratching, Lili asked:

| How do I enable ALT GR keys?


How can I stop Windows Installer popping up every time I run Office 2003 products

Posted: 24 Jan 2005 01:39 PM PST

James,

See if this knowledge base article helps.

OFF2000: Windows Installer Appears Every Time a Program Is Started

SYMPTOMS
Each time you start an Office program, a dialog box for Windows Installer
appears with the following message:

Preparing to install...

This is followed by another dialog box, with the following message:

Please wait while Windows configures Office Edition

where Office Edition is the edition of Office that you have installed.


Here is the URL for the article.


http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;265194




Office Activation- dual boot

Posted: 24 Jan 2005 09:17 AM PST

Thanks to those who have replied:
I just called the Microsoft activation line, (888) 571-2048, and was told:
1: Only one Office license is needed for a dual boot system with Win XP Pro
and Office on both partitions.
2: Only one partition needs to be activated- the other will activate
automatically.
3: They want to do it with me over the phone when I am ready.
I called back again and got the same answers.
Technically I don't see how one can avoid activating on both partitions.
We'll see!

"Joe" <com> wrote in message
news:phx.gbl... 
Office