Pages

Search

my office 2004 for mac CD just got lost Microsoft Office for Mac

my office 2004 for mac CD just got lost Microsoft Office for Mac


my office 2004 for mac CD just got lost

Posted: 16 Jan 2008 11:54 PM PST

In article <caR9absDaxw>,
com wrote:
 

First thing I do when I get a CD is create a disk image of it and
archive the image. That way if I ever lose it, I can just burn a new one.

--
Note: Please send all responses to the relevant news group. If you
must contact me through e-mail, let me know when you send email to
this address so that your email doesn't get eaten by my SPAM filter.

JR

MSO 2008 Mac SME Licensing Question

Posted: 16 Jan 2008 05:35 PM PST

In article
<dca.giganews.com>,
"Kurt R. Todoroff" <net> wrote:
 

Yes, the copy of Office in the SME edition is identical to that of the
regular version, and the license installation terms are the same:
 

The Expression license is a bit different:
 

Multiple product keys on the Home and Student edition

Posted: 16 Jan 2008 06:47 AM PST

It's not the code on the box it's asking for it's the PID - it specifically tells you to look in the about box of the app for the number (which can't be copied.)

Office 2008 via Amazon

Posted: 16 Jan 2008 06:09 AM PST

In article <caR9absDaxw>,
com wrote:
 

I wouldn't buy from Amazon on a bet, so I don't know what's going on
with them, except that in the past I've had bad experiences with their
stock-keeping system.
 

You'd have to ask Amazon - there's no reason to think that anyone
posting here would know...
 

I'm at MacWorld this week, and both Best Buy and eunitek are selling
copies on the floor, and the Apple store up the street has copies.

MacMall's status is "Usually Ships Same Day" for H&S edition.

Does Office 2008 English include other languages?

Posted: 16 Jan 2008 04:18 AM PST

Yes I did talk about the UI. So my only solution is to buy it in France...

I wish Office had become a true multilingual application which seemed possible with the new package-based (no more old-school binary) applications.

Thanks for your precise answer. I look forward to using the new suite.

Invalid "Office In Use" Dialog

Posted: 15 Jan 2008 11:19 PM PST

Well, I used the Remove Office application, and at first I thought it was going to fix everything. I found two copies of Office on my computer, one of which I had never installed. (It said "Office X (including Test Drive.) However, I had to run the program twice before it got rid of my version of Office 2004 even though I selected it both times. Also, when I reinstalled Office 2004 and ran it, it gave me a message saying "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework Library," followed by the same dialog I've been getting.

Some other interesting things: I have a file that I keep on my hard drive with two keys for my copy of Office 2004. I found out recently on Microsoft's support site that the "Student" version of Office 2004 (which I have) for some reason came with multiple keys like this. The first one doesn't ever seem to work when I type it in, though it could be that I wrote it down wrong when I created the document to back up my keys. Could it be a problem with the key I'm typing in?

Also, I don't think it could be someone cloning my computer. I keep seeing completely new names whenever I run Office and get the message. So unless dozens and dozens of people all decided to mooch off my Office key... sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. :) But I could be wrong.

Data Analysis Toolpak Add-In for Excel

Posted: 15 Jan 2008 07:48 PM PST

In article <caR9absDaxw>,
com wrote:
 

Just out of curiosity, what functionality is provided in the ATP that
can't be reproduced with built-in functions?

Office 04 for Mac Student & Teacher VS 08 for Home & Student

Posted: 15 Jan 2008 05:04 PM PST

She's definitely more of a social science/English person (like her
mom) so I will stick with the 08.
Thank you so much to all of you -- you guys are GREAT.

EndNote X1 toolbar...

Posted: 15 Jan 2008 03:50 PM PST

My pleasure :)

"Office for Mac 2008" on the Microsoft "Home Use Program"????

Posted: 15 Jan 2008 11:26 AM PST

Home Use Program (HUP) is a program MS has with some companies that provides copies to the company's employees for just S&amp;H (i.e. $19.95).

Right now they offer Office X and the "current version" Office 2004. I am checking every day to see if Office 2008 is added... I'm not sure if it is something the company has to arrange per some agreement, or whether MS should just alter the program to account for the "current version."