Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - Office Assistant for Word

Microsoft Word - Office Assistant for Word


Office Assistant for Word

Posted: 11 Jun 2013 12:21 PM PDT

I miss the office assistant that used to be in Windows Word. I read where MS took it out. Is there anyway to download it to my Word 2003. I tried getting it by clicking on "Help" to turn it on but pop up window said that I needed something 2.0 or greater (huh?).

 

Thanks

SkyDrive Microsoft Web App cannot open password protected Microsoft office documents

Posted: 11 Jun 2013 11:15 AM PDT

Hi

 

SkyDrive Microsoft Web App cannot open password protected Microsoft office documents; is there any way around this limitation?

 

Regards

I need to convert a very long list into a table

Posted: 11 Jun 2013 08:11 AM PDT

I need to convert a very long list into a table, I put in the separator charachters and then paragraph marks for the lines but the convert option is not available-its grayed out. Why? How can I get that option active?

efficiency

Posted: 11 Jun 2013 07:13 AM PDT

I don't know if it would be better to split these up and ask just one question per page - someone please tell me if so - but I would like to have a sense of "best practices" for doing the following. I do a lot of work from dictation by copying an earlier similar case and then modifying it on the fly. So I need ways to quickly move through the document for editing. Here are some of things I'd like to do (my hope would be to assign a keyboard shortcut to each if possible):

1. Select/delete a sentence.
2. Jump to the start of the next paragraph.
3. Jump to the end of the first line of the next paragraph.
4. Jump to the next comma.
5. Jump to the next period.
6. Delete to end of line.
7. Delete to end of paragraph.
8. Delete a whole paragraph.
9. Quickly find the Templates directory (to open or insert a template).
10. Quickly find my data directory (to open, insert, or save a document).
11. Change spacing. This would be where most of my paragraphs have only the paragraph sign at the end and a relatively small space between them and the next paragraph, instead of the old way of having two Returns after each paragraph so there's a paragraph sign on a line by itself. But then suddenly my doctor will start a numbered list--which then looks best with single spacing. I have found the menu choice of add or remove space before or after a line to manually go in and change each one, but I'm sure there must be a way to change some setting the first time I know it's going to be a list. And vice versa, by the way - sometimes the earlier copy of a document I'm starting with has a list and I no longer want the list or the single spacing. 
Maybe it would be best to simply choose the single spacing and use a double Return after each paragraph - but since the numbered lists are definitely in the minority, doing it this way would spread most of the text out unnecessarily.
12. Switch from hanging indent to no indent (or back again).

So whether these would be macros that I created and then stored and assigned a hotkey, or whether there's some simpler way than that - I'd just like to know how to be more efficient at all this.

Thanks!

How can I stop the track change feature in Word 2010 changing list numbering to grey text

Posted: 11 Jun 2013 03:31 AM PDT

I have recently gone to Word 2010 and find that when I have the Track Change feature enabled if I make changes to a numbered list the "numbering" shows in gray text.   I cannot seem to find any setting to alter this.

 

Also, if I insert multiple new paragraphs in the list the numbring repeats itself!

 

e.g.    I add a new level (a) which shows as an insertion with numbered level (a) and text in red as expected. 

Then I add a new para (b) but this shows (a) in grey striketrhough text (as if it were a deletion) followed by (b) in grey and then the text in red.

 

Any explanation or tips would be very much appreciated, its driving me nuts!

 

Thank you,

 

Donna

 

microsoft word

Posted: 11 Jun 2013 02:37 AM PDT

Continually keeps crashing with a logo stating microsoft word not responding?

numbered list

Posted: 10 Jun 2013 07:17 PM PDT

Now I"m stuck trying to get a numbered list that is flush left:

1.   xxxxx
2.   xxxxx

Every time I put the 1. and a tab everything jumps in a few spaces to look like this:

   1.   xxxxx
   2.   xxxxx

It looks to me like I'm choosing a list that will do what I want but I must not be. I can see the tabs shifting on the ruler and tried to change them back, but they won't stick once the numbers are in there.


Unable to set Table Header Row

Posted: 10 Jun 2013 02:54 PM PDT

I have a table that spans 2 pages but the Header row is not appearing on page two.  I've made the table properties reflect "Repeat as Header Row at Top of Each Page" and the contextual design tab to make sure header row is checked.  Yet, for some reason, it doesn't want to carry over to the second page.

New Word 2013 user

Posted: 09 Jun 2013 07:33 PM PDT

I just installed MS Office 2013 Home & Student on my PC at home. It's an HP running Windows 7. For some reason, when I attempt to open up some documents on a flash drive, Word 2013 will open documents labeled "Microsoft Word Document," but won't bring up documents labeled "DOC."

My system wants me to download MS Works 9 to "play" those "DOC" documents. What is the deal with Word 2013? If it can't bring up .doc documents, that seems like a big drawback to me. I've been able to bring up these DOC documents before, on my work PC running Word 2010, without any problem. Is there something wrong with my installation or...?

HARD QUESTION to answer

Posted: 09 Jun 2013 02:12 AM PDT


can i complete from last place

 i were working at  in word document

for example page 30 i was working yesterday at and today when i want tio open i want to find word offer me the place ( page 30 ) that i were working at to open and complete my work

( that is came handy when dealing with big word file )

if that not available right now add it as new feature

another thing when using format painter i want when i copy the format option told me am i want to apply all format for destination font or subset of that format


thank you very much