Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - what happens to picture type when I copy it to clipboard

Microsoft Word - what happens to picture type when I copy it to clipboard


what happens to picture type when I copy it to clipboard

Posted: 08 May 2013 08:15 AM PDT

Hello,
I use word 2007, I have read that when you can't insert a picture into word 2007 because of unsupported file type, you can copy the picture and paste it in word. Is that right? and if it is right, what happens? is the picture file type converted to some type supported in word 2007?

Change text alignment of style depending on number of lines.

Posted: 08 May 2013 03:50 AM PDT

How can I set the allignment of text in a style depending on the number of lines in a paragraph? i.e If I have a paragraph that is only one line I want it centred, if I have a paragraph of multiple lines I want it left alligned.

where can I buy office 2103?

Posted: 07 May 2013 01:56 PM PDT

We have a new computer but the free software was available only 30 days.  And now we need the software.

Add Hyperlink to Text in a column

Posted: 07 May 2013 10:34 AM PDT

I have 72 page document with multiple columns.
One of the columns is a six digit number that I need to make a hyperlink, but I need the text to remain the same.

I tried to make a find and replace in the style of hyperlink using the following syntax
Find: <03[0-9]{4}>
Options Use Wildcard

Replace With https://www.someurl.com/sessNum=^&

The replace turns the colum into the full URL.
I am guessing I need to do a macro or something so the visible text doesn't change and it only adds a hyperlink to the word.

What is the best way to go about doing this?

Unable to create a new folder by clicking on the "NEW FOLDER" BUTTON

Posted: 07 May 2013 10:16 AM PDT

When seeking to save a new file in a new folder, my software will not allow this to happen.   Clicking on "Save As" opens the window to save a file, but when I click on "New Folder" or right click in area where current folders are listed nothing appears to allow me to create and name a new folder.  Any ideas?   i have run repair on the program through the program uninstall feature in Control Panel, but that did not resolve the issue.

I have .jpg logo image and would like to insert it on to a Word document, how do I do this

Posted: 07 May 2013 07:25 AM PDT

I have a logo which is in a .jpeg file format, how do I move or insert this on to my Word document.   Also if the image is on the Word document how do I move it around so that it fits a proper location on the document.

Thank you

Why would automatic footnote numbers jump from 1 to 3?

Posted: 07 May 2013 07:11 AM PDT

I am using both Word 2007 and Word 2010. I am having footnotes entered irregularly on both versions.

I can not find any reason for this.

I am using Windows 7.

Borders in cells (again)

Posted: 06 May 2013 10:44 PM PDT

I know that borders in cells is a major bone of contention, but hopefully someone will have a solve for this. 

I am trying to create a postcard.  I am using the paper "1/4 letter", landscape, so my four postcards are 5.5" wide by 4.25 tall.  I used the Labels function to create the 2x2 table.  Now, I want borders on all four postcards.  Not terribly wide ones, but decorative.  But no matter what I select, the bottom row of cells is bumped to the next page.  

I know this has something to do with margins, but I can't figure out if it's PAGE margins or CELL margins.  Or maybe cell spacing?  Or it just can't be done?  

Any help appreciated. 

Another Footnote Issue

Posted: 03 May 2013 08:49 AM PDT

If footnotes appear as footnote ref and three spaces, how do I programmatically delete the third space?