Pages

Search

Office 2003 Standard Version Install - Microsoft Office forums

Office 2003 Standard Version Install - Microsoft Office forums


Office 2003 Standard Version Install

Posted: 02 Jul 2004 12:47 PM PDT

I just shared the CD-ROM of another PC and ran the
installation across the network from that shared drive,
and it ran ok. Thanks for your help.

Matt

 
trying the  
intact. Due to 
to my personal 
Matt Schmunk asked: 
files 
be 

won't load

Posted: 01 Jul 2004 08:28 PM PDT

BTW, are you trying to type in a product ID code, or a CD
Key? The product ID code is totally different than the Key
needed to install the product.
ALSO is this OfficeXP, or what? Include details please!
Office XP will have to be validated by calling Microsoft.
You can try the online activation wizard, but you'll
probably end up calling them anyway. 
your ex ?) employer 
the key. If it won't 
and you will have to 
on the first 
no longer be valid. 
likely to help for 
<microsoft.com> wrote in message 
situation: 
us;321346 
Office program". 

was 
under a 
disc. 
am 
loading 
When I 
asked 
accepted 
went 
again. I 
was an 
It 
of 
to pay 
Product 
from 
product 
suppoort 

sliptreaming

Posted: 01 Jul 2004 10:10 AM PDT

Hi Marko,

The basic guide for deploying, updating and maintaining
Office installations is the MS Office Resource Kit at
http://microsoft.com/office/ork


=======
<<"Marko" <net> wrote in message news:phx.gbl...
I would like to sliptream the SR and SPs for office 2000 and 2003,
unfortunately I can't find a guide on the MS KB

anybody know where to find instructions?

TIA
--
Marko Jotic>>


office xp and 2003 can't open attachment

Posted: 01 Jul 2004 07:00 AM PDT

Just one more addition:

Attachments (sounds, adope pictures, etc) not associated to the windows fax
and picture viewer open fine even with the "run only..." restriction applied
to the GP.

This is why I suppose it is not a outlook security issue.

-R.

"Robert Toeplitz" <hu> wrote in message
news:cc15dt$64c$matavnet.hu... 
picture 
windows 
applied, 


default company name

Posted: 01 Jul 2004 01:49 AM PDT

or...
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q233/4/99.ASP&NoWebContent=1

"Crystal" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2433801c45f48$564c46e0$gbl... 


Internal Error 3218 during re-installation / repair

Posted: 30 Jun 2004 07:59 PM PDT

Hi, ScottR. The subject line of your email says "error 3218", while the
body of your email says "error 2318", so I figured "2381" wasn't much of
a stretch.


ScottR wrote: 

Favorites

Posted: 30 Jun 2004 12:12 PM PDT

Thank you.

Your advice along with the website did the trick!

Paul

Outlook 2003 stopped working

Posted: 30 Jun 2004 09:00 AM PDT

Thanks for the info. I tried all 3 solutions but it did
not work. The error reads: 'Cannot start Microsoft
Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of
folders could not be opened'. It gets about 3/4 the way
opening, then I get the error and it shuts itself down.
Outlook 2000 is working just fine.

Microsoft Office - Help

Posted: 26 Jun 2004 08:38 AM PDT

"Pop" <net> wrote in message
news:phx.gbl...
|
| "Nizam Ahmad" <com> wrote in message
| news:phx.gbl...
| > I was using Windows 98 SE for some time - a few days ago I
| have
| > loaded the XP Pro on my home PC.
| >
| > Using Microsoft Word, when I select some typed characters
| using
| > mouse within an open document, I am unable to use the
| 'Delete' button
| > of my Keyboard to delete the selected characters.
| >
| > To clarify, I am not describing about a document that has
| been
| > attributed as non delete-able.
| >
| > Is there a way to activate the 'Delete' button to actually
| delete the
| > selected characters?
| >
| > Appreciate the help.
| >
| > Nizam Ahmad
| > com
| > June 26, 10:35 AM
| >
| >
| >
| Assuming the language/versions/support files all match up
| correctly (as in, a legitimate purchase), then I suspect the
| install may have failed. A language incompatibility can
| also have unpredictable results with non-matching keyboards.
|
| Or, a keyboard problem? Does Delete work in other programs?
| Not much help, I know, but that's all I can think of at the
| moment.
|
| Pop
|
|

Thanks for the help. Well, I am wondering why I can use the
'Delete' key in my laptop, but not in my regular PCs.
I think I need to talk to Microsoft about this. Thanks again.

Nizam Ahmad


install problem with Office 2000 disk two publisher

Posted: 25 Jun 2004 07:45 AM PDT

In message <218cd01c45c39$4a235fa0$gbl>, suresh
<microsoft.com> writes 
Answer snipped.
Apologies for jumping in the thread.
Am going to try this myself but if anyone has more specific handle to
the following problem your input would be appreciated.:

This was originally posted to microsoft.public.office:

Tried installing CD2 of Office 2000 professional (an OEM disc) over
Office Premier to get Publisher on a Win98 ed2 machine. Installation
just grinds to halt with no warning of any sort on CD2. CD1 is OK.

Tried too on this Win XP machine. Installation of CD2 grinds to halt
with warning 2349. Trying to customise installation for just Publisher
ends up with a multitude of warnings about not reading files. The first
one I came across and which crops up a lot is FPEXT.MSG and there is
another one relating to RPTWB.XLT.

When I try to make a copy to a hard disc of installation disc 2 there is
a warning about a non cyclic check for a file.

Have looked up Microsoft support articles 236437 and 329386 which relate
to Internal Errors 2349, 2341, 2355 (only the first of which I have
encountered on the WinXP trial installation) which do not appear
relevant to the problems here.

If you have come across anything that relates to this problem I would be
very grateful for a pointer.
--
--
PK
Remove the xtra y from my name in the email address if replying