Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - where is autosave?

Microsoft Word - where is autosave?


where is autosave?

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 10:52 AM PDT

I can't find this function in Office 2007.

arrows on vertical scroll bar in word 2013 are not working consistently

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 10:45 AM PDT

Please help.  When using word 2013, the arrows on the vertical scroll bar on right of page are not working well.  They work a couple of times then seize up.  I use them when slowly reading through or altering a document and hate that they are not functioning properly!!  Can anyone please help? 

Word 2010: Edit Pages Document?

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 06:17 AM PDT

Word (Office) 2010 on Win 7.
I am trying to work on a document with my wife on her iPad. She has the Pages for iOS.
Pages will open a .dotx document. But most of the formatting is lost. Table of Contents, etc.
So I thought I might try the other way around. Before I try it I thought I'd check here.
Is it possible for Word 2010 to open a Pages created document, retain all the formatting, then return it to the iOS device
for more editing in Pages?

Bullets, Font size, Table of Contents, Headers, Footers, Page Numbering, Tables, maybe a jpeg imbed?

Thanks for any thoughts or advice.

Tired of saying I accept

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 01:37 PM PDT

Following a hard disc crash, I reinstalled my Microsoft Word 2003. Now, however, every time I open a new session I am prompted to accept the conditions of use. After clicking on "accept" I can do my business, but once I log out and return I have to do it all over again. Any suggestions how to convince the application that I accept. Thanks.

pointer over endnote # in main document--no preview of text

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 10:37 AM PDT

In Office Word 2003 I used to be able to position my pointer over an endnote number in the main document and a little box would appear with the text of the endnote inside the box. For some reason I am no longer able to do that. How can I fix this problem?

Trying to install office 350 on windows vistacomputer, but i hear its not compatiable. What are my options? What I really need is microsoft word which is in office 350.

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 09:49 AM PDT

Trying to install office 350 on Windows vista home premium.  Having problems.  Any help.

Why does Word have to go thyrough a configuration every time it is restarted?

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 04:35 AM PDT

Every time I have to restart Microsoft Word it goes through the configuration process.  I am using Windows 7 and this is the only computer where this occurs.

MS WORD 2003 THESAURUS STOPPED WORKING on Windows 7

Posted: 15 Mar 2013 10:04 PM PDT

For the past few weeks, anytime I try to use the thesaurus, it searches for the longest time, then I get an error message that it's not responding.  I've tried in older documents and it works fine.  When I save the older documents with a new name, the same problem happens.  This is driving me mad.  Please help.  I'm using 7, 32 bit. Thank you in advance.

Help!! Spelling check Ignore options are not working correctly. Or am I losing my mind?

Posted: 15 Mar 2013 10:41 AM PDT

Hello.

 

I am finding that the "Ignore" and the "Ignore All" functions are not working as I expect them to, AND also as I believe they used to. But I am beginning to wonder if I'm just remembering incorrectly, even though I have used this function for years.

 

As I recall (and as would make sense), if you used one of the those options on a word that is flagged as misspelled, then either that single instance of the word would no longer be flagged (the "Ignore" option), or ALL instances of the word in that document would no longer be flagged (the "Ignore All" option.) Additionally, these choices would stick even AFTER the doc had been closed and reopened.

 

In other words, both Ignore and Ignore All are both document-specific, but are NOT session-specific.

 

That had been my experience for years starting with Word 97 and up through every version INCLUDING the Word 2007 that I'm currently using.

 

This is no longer working. Words that I have set to be ignored, using EITHER the Ignore or Ignore All options are reverting back to being flagged, sometimes as soon as I type elsewhere in the doc, or after some indeterminate period of time after.

 

These are all standard Word docx files, nothing fancy. Nor are they long -- it happens regardless of the doc length.

 

I have searched for information on this but haven't found anything helpful.

 

Am I incorrect about how this is supposed to work? Am I losing my mind, given that I believe it used to work that way? It's hard to imagine that I am just discovering this after so many years of daily, heavy Word use.

 

I'm hoping for a solution as this is EXTREMELY frustrating, as the only workaround I've found is to *add* these words to my custom dictionary file, which I would rather not do for any number of reasons, including that I some of the words I want to ignore are being irregularly spelled intentionally for THAT document only, so adding them to the would be undesirable.

 

Anyone? Please??

 

Thank you!!!

Word 2010: Can I have a Background Color for viewing only?

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 07:54 PM PDT

Word (Office) 2010 on Win 7.
Is there any way that I can have a background color when viewing/editing a document?
But not use that color when I want to Print the document?

Thanks!

Different page number types for different pages

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 07:18 AM PDT

I have a document which has: a cover page (from the office icon) , a 1 page Table of contents created by Word and about 20 pages of main text typed in. Presently there are no page numbers.  I would like to: have no page number on the cover page, a small i on the table of contents page and the main text start with page 1 of 20 and continue 2 of 20 ,3 of 20 ,etc.  I have tried making section breaks at the end of the first two types of pages but it doesn't seem to work. Can you help me?

 

Vern