Pages

Search

Microsoft Works - screensaver

Microsoft Works - screensaver


screensaver

Posted: 29 Jul 2004 04:33 AM PDT

 
show. If it's a 
out the 
program. Or 
Paint, and save 
Works indeed... Many thanks,
Ed

Works 4.5 --> StarOffice

Posted: 29 Jul 2004 01:18 AM PDT

Bernard,

I'm curious, do you find SO to be much better that 4.5? In what ways?

Loren


"Bernard Rother" <co.za> wrote in message
news:ceabs4$b2l$saix.net... 
with 
letters 
comes 


works 7.0 lost file

Posted: 28 Jul 2004 02:42 PM PDT

Hi Greg,

Oops, pressed Send too soon ! :-)

This KB article details how to clean your system and
restore Works:

"Setup Is Unable to Remove Earlier Version" Error Message
When You Try to Install Works 7.0 or Works Suite 2003

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=816273

HTH
--
Kevin James.

 

Works 6.0 memory loss

Posted: 28 Jul 2004 08:34 AM PDT

Problems printing or doing Copy/Paste in Works: Check for and delete any old temporary
files (Start, Find, Files or Folders, *.TMP). Don't delete any files if their date/time
stamp is since the last boot of Windows.



--

Mike - http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/techhelp.htm


"Emily" <microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:5d1601c474b8$61d526a0$gbl... 


Works headache need help please

Posted: 27 Jul 2004 07:33 PM PDT

Hi June,

First, copy the files to the hard disc, they will be safer there.

Do either of these apply to the issues that you are facing ?

Works Suite 2001: Works Word Processor Document Opened
in Word Looks Like Computer Code
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=269726

Works Word Processor: Characters Overlap and Appear Jumbled
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=252874

Start Works and go to Help>About, what version of Works does
it show you are using ?

Which model of HP printer is used ?

HTH,
--
Kevin James.
Tua'r Goleuni
Microsoft MVP (Works) 1999-2004
Website & FAQ for Works: http://www.btinternet.com/~kevin.james1/index.htm





<microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:5ee601c474c0$acea5e00$gbl... 


Worksuite 2000 vs WinXP

Posted: 27 Jul 2004 06:32 PM PDT

Thanks, Kevin for the input. I must explain further. I am not looking for
one of my files. I am looking for items that used to be listed under the
Microsoft Task Launcher (under either "tasks" or "programs") I am looking
for the boilerplates that used to appear for many styles of letterhead or
the grocery lists boilerplate, for instance. These items used to appear on
the Works program when I pulled it up. Now there are several different
items listed but not some of the original ones I want to use again. When I
rec'd my new computer in April, it was already loaded with Windows XP. I
had the Worksuite 2000 disk from my old computer which was loaded with Win98
so I put the disk in and loaded it. I am the only user so the rights
shouldn't be a problem. I just don't understand why when the Works Task
Launcher listed the items when I had it on my old computer using Win98, but
now when loading it on to this computer with XP, some of the old items are
gone. Maybe I should ask if there is someplace else I should look for the
letterhead boilerplates? Is it just the fact that Works 2000 is now
interfacing with XP? It seems like it must be. This is a small issue and I
could re-create the items myself on Word but the mystery is bugging me.
Thanks for any further comments.


"Kevin James - MSMVP Works" <org> wrote in message
news:%phx.gbl... 
computer 
that I 
XP. 


Translation problems using Word 2002

Posted: 26 Jul 2004 09:55 AM PDT

Hi Mac,

A French version of Word uses French language dialog, I do not
believe that this can be changed without acquiring an English version
of Word.

A Translation facility for Word 2002 can be downloaded from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=97ad9b81-af52-4e26-9a9c-c9babb4a2afd&DisplayLang=en

A keyboard /input language can be switched using the shortcut key

<Left Alt> + <SHIFT>

HTH,
--
Kevin James.
Tua'r Goleuni
Microsoft MVP (Works) 1999-2004
Website & FAQ for Works: http://www.btinternet.com/~kevin.james1/index.htm


Lost "Easy Text" (F3) upgrading from Works 4 to Works 7

Posted: 25 Jul 2004 06:35 PM PDT

THANK YOU!

I think this is exactly what my friend needed.

Melissa

 
AutoCorrect. 
expanded 
http://www.btinternet.com/~kevin.james1/index.htm 
message 
thinks 
you 
it 
it's 
do 

Calendar: Multiple Reminders?

Posted: 25 Jul 2004 12:02 PM PDT

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 20:50:52 +0100, "Kevin James - MSMVP Works"
<org> wrote:
 
Thanks for the feedback. I've been doing the second of your
suggestions. Guess I will keep doing it.
Thanks
Jentle Jiant

Spanish proofing tools on Windows XP/Works 7

Posted: 25 Jul 2004 01:05 AM PDT

In message <phx.gbl>, Kevin James - MSMVP
Works <org> writes 


Thanks Kevin.
--
John

Microsoft Works Database -- Wkgdcach Caused Error in Kernel 32.DLL

Posted: 24 Jul 2004 10:04 PM PDT