Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - Spacing between list and text (Word 2007/2010)

Microsoft Word - Spacing between list and text (Word 2007/2010)


Spacing between list and text (Word 2007/2010)

Posted: 26 Jan 2013 04:59 AM PST

Hello,

A friend of mine got this problem and, unable to explain it, I'd like to share it with you.

We have a numbered list but some spaces between the numbers and the text are bigger than the others. Here's a photo. If I trie to delete and remake these numbers, nothing changes. By adjusting the number position and the text indent - which affects the whole list - the difference remains.

If I choose Follow number with: Space instead of Tab, the problem's solved but however, it's a bit absurd and annoying if we want some spacing (although I can't tell what my friend really did to come up with this).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!


Word "through" setting of text wrapping

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 09:58 AM PST

I posted this question on another Word forum a year or so ago; no one could supply an answer. Perhaps Susan Barnhill will know. I can't for the life of me tell what the "Through" setting in Word's text wrapping does. I don't think I need it, but it would be nice to know. I have looked it up in MS help to no avail. 

Attaching a Local Template

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 02:05 AM PST

 

Is what follows an example of attaching a Local Template?

 

1. Office Button

 

New

 

The New Document window opens.

 

2. In the New Document window towards the top left hand corner I click on:-

 

Installed Templates

 

 - so that it's highlighted in orange then, on the right hand side, I click on (for example):-

 

Oriel Letter

 

 - then I click on:-

 

Create

 

A new document now opens.

 

3. In the new document that has just opened I save it as (for example):-

 

c:\word\local_template_testing_jan_25_13_2.docx

 

Thanks in advance for any replies.

 

My internal ref q 138.

 

Cant open any previous office documents

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 07:47 AM PST

When I try to open a previous office document e.g. a doc or a docx or even a pdf or a powerpoint file whether from the nas shared drives or on c:\
I get an error and basically I cant open any of them.

In Word I get:

Word experienced an error trying to open
the file.
Try these suggetions.
* check the file permissions for the document or drive
* make sure there is sufficient free memory and disk space
* Open the file with the Text Recovery converter


I have another laptop next to this one where I installed Office 2013 and there everything opens perfectly, so it is something with the installation on this machine.