Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - Bullet format not consistent

Microsoft Word - Bullet format not consistent


Bullet format not consistent

Posted: 11 Jan 2013 07:44 AM PST

I used the bullet icon on the ribbon to start a bulleted list. Word uses bullets for the first two levels, but then starts using numbers for the third level. How do I fix this?

It looks like this:
  • Level 1 text

o   Level 2 text

1.       Level 3 text – why number and not bullet?


I've been using Word for many years, but some of its features still trip me up.

Thanks.


Removing a document in Word 2003

Posted: 11 Jan 2013 01:29 AM PST

How can I remove an entire document in Word 2003, including the reference to it?  I know how to delete the text or a page, and how to rename the document.  But I can't figure out how to get rid of the whole thing.

Also, I want to know if there is any way to configure Word so that it automatically deletes a document after it has been renamed.  As it stands now, I have two copies of each one, with different names.

I assume there is a way to do the first thing, but there may not be a way to do the second (although there should be).

How do I restrict editing but still allow access to headers and footers?

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 08:10 PM PST

I'm creating a multi-page form using many content controls. Most of the content controls are on the main body of the form. However, some of them are in the document header and footer.

When I restrict editing to filling in forms, the header and footer become unavailable for editing, so my users will not be able to access and edit those content controls.

Is there any way I can restrict editing so that users can only edit the content controls, but still allow access to the header and footer? I can't take the header and footer out and integrate them into the document, because the main body of the document will vary in size. Help! 

Formatting Current Paragraph

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 02:49 PM PST

In Word 2010 VBA, I want to change all of text in the current paragraph from Upper Case to Proper Case.

This should be simple, but I simply can't figure it out.

How is that done?

TIA

Changed cursor in Word 2003

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 10:17 AM PST

I inadvertently changed the cursor in Word 2003 from the usual vertical line to a dot. How do I return to the default vertical line?

Word 2010 - Exclamation Mark On Templates

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 09:30 AM PST

Having recently upgraded from Office 2007 to Office 2010, I have noticed that when I creat a new document from templates, in the template browser, some of the Word templates show a icon with an exclamation mark on a yellow background super imposed on the template icon. 

 

At first I thought that it simply wanted me to save them in the 2010 format, so I opened the templates and re-saved them, however this did not remove the exclamation mark.

 

The templates work normally, I am just curious as to why the exclamation mark is there.

 

Does anyone know what this means?

The "Accept all changes" in the review on the Review board no longer works

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 09:01 AM PST

I'm using MS Word Office 2010 to review text, using the "tracking changes" facility. Recently, when I wanted to accept all the changes in a document, the "Accept all changes" button didn't work and I had to manually accept over 7,000 changes. Any ideas what's happened and how I can remedy it? Many thanks - Petra

Word 2007: Repeating outline "Heading 1" when that topic spans multiple pages

Posted: 08 Jan 2013 01:19 PM PST

Hello - In Word 2007, I have a document with outline headings for which I have used the "Heading 1" and "Heading 2" styles, and using a Table of Contents field at the beginning. Most level-1 sections are very short (it's basically a detailed glossary) though some have more details. What I want to happen is, when a page break occurs within a level-1 topic, the level-1 heading to be repeated on the next page, ideally with something like "(Continued)" appended. Like so:

 

Topic 1

Subtopic 1A

Subtopic 2B

Topic 2

Subtopic 2A

<page break>

Topic 2 (continued)

Subtopic 2B

Subtopic 2C

Topic 3

...

 

To be clear - these are not table headers, nor are they page headers.  Also, I would prefer that the repeated headers due to the page breaks not appear in the TOC.  This can't be an unusual need, but I can't see any way to modify the Heading 1 style to make this happen.

 

Thanks for any advice you can give!

 

B. Meyer

Microsoft Office to Microsoft Word

Posted: 05 Jan 2013 06:27 PM PST

need help! i accidently opened a set of documents with Microsoft office which should have been open with Microsoftword now non of my documents will  convert back to word!

how can I make spell check work in Word 2010

Posted: 05 Jan 2013 04:48 PM PST

Since "upgrading" from Office 2003 to Office 2010, I find that my spell checker is not recognizing or marking misspelled words. I have tried all the suggested "fixes" offered by the 'official support page' (like File/Options/Proofing/ and checking or unchecking the appropriate boxes under "Change How Word Corrects and Formats Your Text.
Is there an actual fix for this problem? if not, I'm headed back to Office 2003, which actually works!
(The other problem I'm having is that when I try to save a document to somewhere other than "My Documents', I'm told I can't save it there because I don't have permssion". Does anyone has a fix for that one?
So far, Office 2010 is another example of how Windows/Microsoft simply does not check their software before putting it on the market and certainly doesn't respond to "why won't this work" questions.

In Word 2010 can I detach quick access tool bar of permanently view multiple rows of the bar at same time.

Posted: 05 Jan 2013 01:58 PM PST

I hate the ribbon and would like to use only the QA toolbar, which has too many icons to be viewed in 1 row.

i cannot open word 2010

Posted: 05 Jan 2013 06:02 AM PST

I can open all my other microsoft office programs but not word. When i click on word i get a pop up  message  saying save changes to computer- it doesn't matter if i  click yes or no as nothing happens. When looking at the properties for Word it says there is an incompatibility issue. Also my laptop is windows 7 and the properties of the file say Windows XP (service pack 3)

 

Please help i need to use word for my college work.

 

Thank you