Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - Word 2007 how to limit form fields from not adding more lines to a page

Microsoft Word - Word 2007 how to limit form fields from not adding more lines to a page


Word 2007 how to limit form fields from not adding more lines to a page

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 12:30 PM PST

I am using form fields in a questionnaire and need to limit the fields so that the pages do no lengthen.  How do you limit the length?

I would like to transfer my Microsoft Works over to a new computer-will I be able to?

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 11:45 AM PST

I bought a HP Pavilion g7 & would like to know if I can transfer my Microsoft Works from my old computer to it ? The new computer does not include Microsoft Office!
Thanks karol

Word 2003 - "File Conversion - ~$FMaker" Add-in Template is not valid. (C:\ Program Files\...\~$FMaker.dot). Windows XP

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 06:18 AM PST

Hello.

When I open Word 2003, I get the following:
"File Conversion - ~$FMaker"  with a list of 3 choices: Windows (default), MS Dos, Other.  Other is checked and Japanese (shift-JIS) is higlighted (not by me). 

The sample box below still shows english letters but not in the right format. Changing to Windows (default) does or selecting another language in Other does nothing. 

Clicking on OK, it then says, "The add-in Template is not valid. (C:\ Program Files\...\~$FMaker.dot).

 Initially when this occurred, I could create, read and save files but not print - printing comes out with nothing but strange characters.  Today, I am still getting the message when I open Word but printing is normal.

I am using Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3.   No problems with Excel at all  Thank you for your suggestions!

Create a word document with unlimited margins?

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 02:51 AM PST

I am using Office 2010, and I would like to create a Word document that has no limits to how wide or how tall I can make it. I don't want it divided into separate pages; I don't want it to only have 8.5 inches of width to work with, I just want it to be limitless. I only want it to wrap when I do a carriage return. I don't plan on printing this document, so the difficulty of fitting it all within the dimensions of a physical sheet of paper is not an issue. How do I set up my document to work like this?

Reinstall after Factory Restore Application Version Does Not Match

Posted: 25 Dec 2012 03:01 PM PST

Last week I had to do a factory restore of my Dell Inspiron 1525. I used the cds to reinstall Office Professional 2007. I can type documents in Word but it won't open docx files and when I try to save new files in Word they wouldn't open. I did a diagnostic and it said to install updates. I did and now when I open word this message appears "application version does not match." I did second diagnostics and it found no problems. After the update I can open docx but only by right clicking and choosing "open with" and choosing Word. The icons look like note pads instead of regular Word icons.

canon MG3122. printing address labels, avery 5160. can't change font size. first label column is about 36 font.

Posted: 22 Dec 2012 08:48 AM PST

using microsoft word to print address labels.  It takes 4 pages to print out avery 5160. The first colum takes up half the page and the second column only gets half the label.

Generating documents by populating a database / form

Posted: 20 Dec 2012 04:08 AM PST

Hi folks

I'm not sure of the best way to go about this.  Basically, what I'm trying to do is find a way whereby a user can fill in a pre-defined form, which will then generate a number of sub-documents on the basis of the data entered into the form. 

I have the templates of the documents that I want populated, but I'm not sure of the best way to link them to the form.

I was thinking of having the form consist of bookmarked text form fields, which could be filled in and then linked to the relevant parts of the sub-documents.  But my problem with this is, I could set it up initially, but when I wanted to create a new set of documents, I'd have to copy the form and then redirect all the new sub-documents to the location of the new form.  So, I don't know if this is the right way to go about doing this, or if I should be looking at mail merges or some kind of combination of processes.  

The people that are looking for this are very specific about what they want - and they basically want to fill out the form and let magic take care of the rest.  

I would appreciate any help or thoughts!

Thanks


why is all my work done on microsoft word locked? Icannot work, edit or do anything

Posted: 19 Dec 2012 01:49 PM PST

 THE only thing I am allowed to do is open the file, but everthing else to do with the paper is locked. I have my school work to post and time is running out to submit it. I was working with words 2007