Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - placing pictures in a 3 column newspaper format

Microsoft Word - placing pictures in a 3 column newspaper format


placing pictures in a 3 column newspaper format

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 11:25 AM PST

I am putting together a letter in 3 column format with 1 picture in column 1 and 2 pictures in column 2.

 When I put text in column 3, after entering several lines of text the picture in column 1 is shifted to the second page.

 How do I stop this?  

Thanks

How do you PERMANENTLY set Word to use inches?

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 09:54 AM PST

Every time I open a New Word file, I have to go through the process of changing my units of measurement display.

I KNOW how to do that:

Office Button > Word Options button > Select Advanced in the left pane > Scroll to the Display >

Show measurements in units of > choose Inches > OK

BUT how do I KEEP these settings so I don't have to repeat the process every single time?

Word 2007 toolbar, i.e. HOME, etc. covers top of document upon opening and then disappears when typing starts

Posted: 23 Nov 2012 05:05 PM PST

Upon opening a document, new or edit, any item, i.e. Home, covers the top of the document for about an inch, and will disappear completely if I start typing.  If I click "Home" or another heading again, the menu items reappear, but then will not stay open so I can edit without having to keep repeating this procedure.  I had this happen once before and found the resolution by accident but cannot seem to find what I need to click on now.  HELP! 

I can work around it but it is a real pain.  Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Mizfrogger

 

"This modification is not allowed because the selection is locked" - Please help, but no the problem has nothing to do with activation or a temporary use of the program.

Posted: 21 Nov 2012 11:17 AM PST

I use a registered copy of Word 2007. It is not a trial version and has been activated for quite some time now. I edit books for authors using Word's Track Changes function, but over the last couple months, Word has developed a very frustrating problem that makes me want to throw the computer out the window at times. When inserting comments that go more than a sentence or two in the reviewing pane, or if I have to delete a letter in the comment, it will stall up temporarily and "This modification is not allowed because the selection is locked" will appear along the bottom bar of the window. After leaving it a minute or two, I can type another letter or two, or delete a letter, then wait for the repeated "This modification is not allowed because the selection is locked" to disappear again. Then repeat the process again. This is an arduous problem that needs to be remedied. Anyone have any ideas of the cause and/or solution? Computer is running windows 7 home with 4gigs of ram, so this shouldn't be a ram or hardware issue.

dispart of text

Posted: 21 Nov 2012 01:10 AM PST

my word page, have bullet and numbering in every paragraph after i finish paragraph and i want to add new bullet it goes to next page but my last page didnot complete and  i have many uncomplete page and i should delete bullete and numbering to complete the page, would you please help me how can i solve this problem?

"you don't have permission to open this file"

Posted: 20 Nov 2012 04:50 AM PST

I'm running Word 2010 in Windows 7 Pro, and I get the error "you don't have permission to open this file" when trying to open any of my old files. I tried to follow the directions in the "privacy settings", by allowing the group "Everyone" to have full control rights, but it still doesn't work. These are all of my old files, stored locally on a fixed HD.