Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - cannot save documents "file error has occurred"

Microsoft Word - cannot save documents "file error has occurred"


cannot save documents "file error has occurred"

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 11:14 PM PST

in word 2010 whenever I try to save a docx file I get "file error has occurred". This happens with ordinary save and with save as. Sometimes it words if I save in word 2003. Files are simple text files. It may be  template problem but I dont know how to fix it. Or I have recently installed Copernic desktop search.   Have recopied files, made new ones, opened old ones, and neither save or save as   works if I try to save as word 2010 docx.... Any suggestions?

Had windows 7 word processor, transfered documents, now have windows 7 office 2010, (cant read the documents) ?

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 08:06 PM PST

how do you read .wps files in starter 2010??????????????

Why is the clip art icon in the "insert" function not active in emails?

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 03:37 PM PST

I can insert pictures from my computer but the icon for inserting clip art into my emails is not "active" therefore not usable.  How can I activate it?

Regarding the article “Style basics in Word” from Word 2010

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 09:21 AM PST

Regarding the article "Style basics in Word" from Word 2010 Help and in particular the section titled "Palettes of choices for applying layers of formatting" on ages 12 and 13

The first paragraph refers to Quick Style Sets being like collections of brushes and that they are named things like Word 2007, Manuscript and Traditional.  The paragraph further states that these collections of brushes are pre-stocked with brushes with names like Normal, Heading 1, Emphasis, etc.  But the Quick Style Set, collections of brushes, noted on page 12 are referred to as Style Sets on page 9. 

Is the list in the drop down menu, which is accessed via the Styles Dialog box Launcher, a list of Quick Styles?   It seems so.  If it is, what then is the list of names obtained via the drop down list of Change Styles and the Style Set option?

creating fillable fields in a form

Posted: 07 Nov 2012 10:05 AM PST

I have a form and I want to be able to fill in the fields without changing the body of the form. It's a storage contract that I will use repetitively and just want to fill in the information and print it.

How to do a printless text box border?

Posted: 07 Nov 2012 09:03 AM PST

In OpenOffice (and I thought previous versions of MS Office) I can make a frame/text box with no border but it has a grey dashed line showing me the size of the frame/text box when I don't have the frame/box selected.  This doesn't print because the frame/text box settings disable the border, it's just for visual reference.

How do I do this in Word 2007?  If I set the border to no color I get a dashed blue outline when the frame/box is selected, but when I click somewhere else the blue disappears and I can't visually see the frame/box any more.