Pages

Search

Microsoft Word - Inserting a picture into Word Art words

Microsoft Word - Inserting a picture into Word Art words


Inserting a picture into Word Art words

Posted: 27 Jan 2015 02:53 PM PST

In Word 2003 I could "fill" the words in Word Art with pictures, but I can't seem to do this in 2010 version. I just get the words on top of the picture. How do I fill the words with the picture?

How to Determine if Selection Includes Only Revision Text

Posted: 27 Jan 2015 02:52 PM PST

I've got a document that tracks revisions. It has some original text. Let's say the user ends up with something like this:

"Original part of document. User's inserted text. More original part of document."

When the user makes a selection, how do I determine if the selection includes "original" text. For instance, if the user selects "User's inserted text" to manipulate, it would include only revised text and would be allowable. If they selected, "User's inserted text. More original," then that would be rejected upon detecting the original text.

Thank you!

P.S. Version of Word and Windows is somewhat irrelevant, as I'd like to do this from Word 2000 up to Word 2013.

Specify default file save locations for new documents created from a template - WORD 2010

Posted: 27 Jan 2015 02:49 PM PST

Good day,

I have created a template, and I would like any new documents that are created from that template to be saved in a particular location on my computer.  This is a different location than the default Word file save location.  Is there any way to modify the template to do this?

Assign start number for caption

Posted: 27 Jan 2015 01:02 PM PST

I am attempting to create a document to be used in a legal case. It was requested that we caption all tables and figures with Exhibit 100..101..102 etc. I can find how to add the Exhibit caption, and how to include chapter numbers in the caption, but nothing for assigning a start number for you captions. Is there a way to do this? Thank you in advance for your help.

Microsoft Word 2010

Windows 7 Professional

MS Word 2000, Language, automatic space before a question mark, semicolon, colon.

Posted: 27 Jan 2015 10:23 AM PST

I am using MS Word 2000.  The language is set to English.  When I type a colon or semi colon or question mark after a word, an automatic space is placed between the last letter and the symbol.  How do I stop this automatic spacing from occuring?

My custom dictionary does not seem to be working.

Posted: 27 Jan 2015 09:50 AM PST

My custom dictionary does not seem to be working.  "Suggest from main dictionary only" is not checked in Options//Proofing.  The words that are showing as misspelled are in the custom dictionary.  How do I address this?

Word 2013 wont open some documents on my laptop

Posted: 27 Jan 2015 08:51 AM PST

It gave me this message but I've tried opening by clicking *open and repair* but still get the same message. It lets me create new documents but wont let me open some of the old ones and I know they're not damaged because I can open them fine on other computers and laptops.

Please helpppp

Run-time error 509 The mailmerge command is not available because the document is not a mail merge main document

Posted: 27 Jan 2015 07:48 AM PST

Hi, 

Ok let me see if I can explain this correctly.  At work we use word outputs to generate letters etc from our database, there are over 50 different letters etc so so we use a template to hold the macros required for each type of merge etc thats required, a template for each letter which then links to the template holding the macros, these are all stored on the work server.  Luckily this is only happening on our development database so at present is not a big issue but im worried when requests come in to create new templates and merges.  (Sorry if I havnt explained this very well, im in the process of learning how it all works etc)

After selecting debug the part it highlights is:

Wordbasic.ToolsMacro Name:="RunMerge", Run:=1

The issue only seems to affect some machines as well, when I run the merges everything works without any issues but when I run them on 2 other machines they have this error (so 2/5 have this issue that I have tried so far).  Is there something possibly getting stuck on these machines that prevent it from completing the macro and stopping. 

If you need any other info let me know.

Thanks.

Applying a single STYLE to multiple LIST LEVELS

Posted: 27 Jan 2015 06:32 AM PST

I have a numbered list with multiple list levels. I want to be able to select any line in my numbered list and apply a STYLE to it without changing/removing the list level. This is possible if you have a STYLE for every list level, but I want to avoid having multiples.

How do I create a single style I can apply to any list level without removing/changing the current list level?

Microsoft Office 2007 File Validation

Posted: 27 Jan 2015 06:00 AM PST

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me, this feature has been driving me crazy!

I'm trying to get Office File Validation to work for Word 2007,

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg985445%28v=office.12%29.aspx

I've added the following key, and run gpupdate /force

REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Security\FileValidation" /v "InvalidFileUIOptions" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

But I cant seem to get the prompt from Word to say the file I'm openning has failed validation. I am testing with a couple of Virus Word documents that hit my inbox. The PC is a VM that is off the network.

Does anyone have a Word doc that can give me that I can test with, to see if this feature is working correctly?

If not is there anyway to make a document that fails the office validation?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Tom

Spacing between headers/footers and main text

Posted: 27 Jan 2015 05:26 AM PST

How can I change the (vertical) space between a header/footer and the main text?

I'm using Word 2013 and a template provided by someone else that I have some leeway to edit.

As it stands there is too much blank space between the header and the main text, and (sometimes, depending on how the paragraphs fall) not enough vertical space between the main text and the footer. The partial screen shots below show what it looks like.

screen shot 1 - header and main text:

screen shot 2 - footer and main text (note that I have "blanked out" some footer text by making it white, for anonymity's sake):

As you can see, the header is followed by the equivalent of roughly 2 blank lines, where 1 would be quite enough, while there is virtually no space between the main text and the line at the top of the footer, where there should always be the equivalent of at least one line of text.

I have spend some time searching both the internet and this forum and haven't found a solution to this problem. There is a lot of discussion about L/R margins in headers and footers, and page margins for headers and footers, but those are not the issue here.

Extract Email Addresses from Word

Posted: 27 Jan 2015 03:25 AM PST

Hi

I am trying to extract several hundred email addresses from a large word file.   I was given this great tip before where you "Find" the following

"[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}\@[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}" and it highlights all the email addresses.    You then simply copy and paste.  

This worked great for me before but all of a sudden stopped working!   I can't for the life of me figure out what is wrong.

The email addresses have <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> and are separated by commas,

Any advice would be great!

Cheers

Alan

Mirror margin starts on even page

Posted: 27 Jan 2015 01:46 AM PST

Hi,

   I am trying to make a book using Word 2013. I now set the margin to mirror and it works fine. The problem is I want to start every chapter on the right page. With the mirror margin, the wider left margin start on the odd page and alternates through the document. How do I make the first page of chapter 2 which is page 26 to have a wider margin on the left? 

   I am sorry if anyone has asked this before, I have been trying to search for the answers but failed. 

Thank you. 

LOCAL DOCUMENT OPENS WITH FADED FONTS

Posted: 27 Jan 2015 01:12 AM PST

Hello!

I have a customer with a strange problem.

Operating system is: windows xp pro.

Office version: 2003

Suddenly when  opening a word document from the local drive it opens with the faded fonts which becoming more and more bold. It does not happen when the document is in an attachment in the mail and is open from there. If it is being saved on the disk the same behavior as above. The disk is o.k no errors. 
Any idea what to do?

thanks.

Moshe 

WORD 2010 field codes quandry.....

Posted: 26 Jan 2015 11:19 PM PST

Hi all

I have added a validation list as a field with several selection options. I have also bookmarked this field with the name "SERVICE".

When I create a field in another part of the document, I am using this expression:  { IF SERVICE = "CONSTRUCTION" "X" "Y" }

CONSTRUCTION is a valid selection item in the field bookmarked "SERVICE", however I am getting a result of "Y" when I expect "X".

Anyone know what I am doing wrong??

Thanks

Cannot Activate Microsoft Word

Posted: 26 Jan 2015 08:01 PM PST

I recently downloaded MS Office from a reputable site from my college. I installed the program and Word asks me to activate. I sign in w/my email/PW, enter my authenticator code and I get the message:

"The account isn't associated with this product. To activate this install, please sign in with the account associated with your product."

Help! Need this for class!

Blurry Font in Office 365 after Personalizing Word

Posted: 26 Jan 2015 07:36 PM PST

After downloading Office 365, I opted to personalize the appearance of text in Word; however, when I insert screen shots in PowerPoint slides, the font is blurry. How can I revert to the default font settings?

Pressing enter has suddenly started turning off the style in word!

Posted: 26 Jan 2015 05:22 PM PST

I am typing in automatically numbered paragraphs.  When I press the enter key, as from just now it has stopped entering a new paragraph number, returns to the margin, changes the font to some underlying font I have been trying to get rid of for a long time!

Can anyone help with how to fix this please?

Word 2007, paste HTML from webpage, keep source formatting, Word changes formatting!

Posted: 26 Jan 2015 05:02 PM PST

When I paste formatted HTML text with paragraph numbering from a webpage and to word, with options set to "keep source formatting" it changes the layout, font, and changes subparagraph numbering to bullets and removes tabs after the original document subparagraph numbers! 

 I used it for years without having this issue, it started in the last 2 installations on 2 different PCs.  I don't even have a numbered list in my word library resembling this!  How to fix please?

(A similar question was asked here, but he had some problem with Skype and chrome.  I'm not using Skype or chrome, I am using i.e. 11. 

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2007-word/pasting-html-into-word-loses-formatting-why-how-to/92f079e0-2fc9-450b-980e-f724ca3792ea?rtAction=1422319748626 )

Word Online

Posted: 26 Jan 2015 02:51 PM PST

Why the <removed> did Microsoft have to go and f.... about with Word for? All I now have is problems with it, notices coming up saying Word is downloading when I am half way through a Uni project and I have to wait till it unfreezes, this is a load of ****, how the hell do they get away with it?